Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ahjane

Changing Of Compressor

hi, hope you guys can help me with this.

my parents home is using Toshiba Inverter Sys 4 with 1 compressor and 4 blowers (3 bedrooms and 1 living room).

Recently, the indoor unit / blower or watever u call it in bedroom 3 is leaking on its right side. We got a repairguy to come and he said need cleaning. Indeed, it has been 2 years since any cleaning takes place. So he clean. The aircon unit works fine.

2 weeks later, the left side of the same indoor unit of bedroom 3 starts leaking and dripping heavily. We called for the same repair guy again. He said there is some prob with the motherboard in the compressor. To prevent leaking, we should ON the aircon in bedroom 2 at the same time.

So to change the motherboard,

choice 1 - brand new motherboard chip $900

choice 2 - 2nd hand motherboard chip $600 (dunno from where they can 2ndhand)

choice 2 - get a brand new compressor from Toshiba which may cost 2k (as said by the repairman).

i am not very good technically, so i really hope for some advice. thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think repairman may not be correct dignosis.

If clean, and then later 2 weeks leak again, the problem is due to coil choke. Need to do chemical cleaning of the coil, not just normal cleaning, cos inverter evaporator coil very dense.

Toshiba motherboard do not cost so much, Mit or Daikin cost ard $700.. and that is retail price.

I had similar symptoms before.. and this is what happens.. coil is choked.. not much air passes through the coil.. so sensor think.. not enough aircon gas.. so tell compressor to pump more gas. The incoming gas pipe become super cold, and start to sweat before the choked coil, resulting in dripping OUTSIDE of the drip tray, and cause water to drip out of casing.

If motherboard spoil, sure got error code on the LED light, resulting in some blinking combination. Your room temp will also go haywire.. either not cold or SUPER cold.

Compressor also dun cost so much. If motherboard spoil, why suggest change the compressor.

I tink this repairman not very sure. If u want very zai company familar with Toshiba, ... u call this company called Noris Engrg & Air-Conditioning Pte Ltd

Check yellow pages for contact details.

Their troubleshooting skill solid cos do a lot of condo installations.

Eh.. inverter aircon.. if use daily.. need to chemical clean at least 1 time a year, cos the evaporator coil super dense, easily choke.