Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mackeith

Does Origin Of Tiles Matters?

Hi,

as i will be starting renovating my place, i was wondering are there any differences in tiles if their country of origin are different?

reason i am asking is that some sales people say the tiles are more expensive cos they are from Italy? will there be different in quality if they are from China, India or Italy? (homogeneous tiles)

thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

as i will be starting renovating my place, i was wondering are there any differences in tiles if their country of origin are different?

reason i am asking is that some sales people say the tiles are more expensive cos they are from Italy? will there be different in quality if they are from China, India or Italy? (homogeneous tiles)

thanks!

technically there are price differences

to us as homeowners, we cant really see the differences.

even the technical specs in terms of thickness, finishings are different.

china tiles are cheap, but dun mean they are lousier.

some china tiles are easier for workers to lay, compared to example Italy tiles, due to the thickness

most tiles are from china these days.... even if u want italy tiles, there wont be alot of varieties for you to choose

how about quality of the tiles? Does china tiles have more quality problem?

they are ok lah. if not, those shops will not bringing in so many of them already.....

your problems will actually come from your contractor's workmanship instead of the tiles!!

if yr contractor never lay the tiles properly, u will have alot of problems later.....