Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Durian pudding

How To Reject The Contractor

Hi there,

I wanna to renov my resale unit and got 2 separate quote from 2 different contractors, who are recommended by my close and different relative.

Both have given me good renov price and very helpful in proposing good ideas but i still have to reject one of them. I have not sign up with them and only given the breakdown cost of thing i want to do

How to tell one of them that i will not need his service cos i have found someone else better?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

just be honest and sincere to them by saying no and thanking their efforts so far. You are not the first to reject them - it's really no bigger deal to them than you think

Same here. I sms-ed to thank the other contractor for his time & effort, and that we've decided not to use his service. :) It's hard to even write this sms though, since that contractor was very nice.

For me , I've requested quotations from 20 over ID firms and contractors for the last 2 mths.

I normally e-mail them and inform them that ...

Hi so & so...

Thank you for your time for providing the quotations.

As I am still actively awaiting other quotations from other ID's / Contractors

I will inform you if we wish to engage your services.

Thank you for your time & kind understanding...

:):):)

Whatever it is, if someone took the time and effort to do something for you (Even if it's proposing or draft), it is most respectful and polite to thank the person for his effort and proceed to tell him you have decided to go with another person.

This type of thing also need to think so much? haiz..

i smsed too...i even told them the reasons why i reject them...saying that the ID we are engaging has offered ideas which we would be taking up, and has offered quotation within our budget...

there's nothing better than being sincere and honest in the reasons of rejection...tactful and yet, don't give them false hope...