Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Smallboy

Ikea Pax And Komplement.. Any Feedback

We are planning to purchase Ikea Pax and Komplement wardrobe for our bedrooms and MBR. Considering Ikea bec

a. We would like to customise our wardrobe.....

b. We like the interior to be wood colour instead of white. Was told by ID that this will cost me more if custom make.....

c. The Komplement roller track is quite smooth and accessories is quite comprehensive.....

d. There is 10 years warranty....

I would like to request for feedback on the wardrobe from those who have bought it.

Thanks!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, we were planning to get this initially. In fact, we toyed with their software so many times to piece together the ideal wardrobe we want. However, we dropped the idea as of 2 weeks ago and decided to go for carpentery instead. The reason is because IKEA Pax is not very much cheaper as compared to what the contractor can do for us. Of course, the total cost will depend on the complexity of your combination within. You have to add the $50 transportation cost and the 6-7% assembily fee. It will amount to quite a fair bit. Unless you want a very simple wardrobe, otherwise I think it's safer to go with carpentery. Carpentery wood are more sturdy. Our contractor is charging us by p.s.f. Whatever we want to do within, any combination...also no extra charge. For $400-$500 more, I would rather go with carpentery.

ilmare612 thanks for your sharing your thoughts.

I do have a build-in wardrobe in my current house but we won't very happy with it. The problem is that the wardrobe is not customisable and we are "fixed" with the layout after installation. The white board also turns yellow after sometime. (Of course this could be the result of poor workmanship)

Wherelse, the Ikea wardrobe technically allows us to change the configuration. This is important bec my daughter is 8 and 2 yrs old now, and what she needs now will not be what she needs in the future. I understand that some Ikea items are not hardy but I thought

if they give warranty then they must be confident in their quality.

Oh I have thought about that too. Thus, I have instructed our contractor to customised our unit in the same dimension as the IKEA Pax system. This will allow us to add some accesories on our own should we need to do so along the way. Several forummers has also done so. Do take a look at this forummer who bought the wire basket from IKEA to fit into her customised wardrobe.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?sh...=2437&st=80

In addition, the internal of our wardrobe will also be the same material as our external as ours is a walk-in-wardrobe without doors. Nonetheless, the few agreement which we have agreed on prior to the work are as:-

1. Able to fix IKEA's pax accessories

2. Able to install door should we change our mind along the way.

3. Built-In wardrobe can still be mobile should we wish to relocate it down the years.

Here's a glimpse of our design...pretty much an IKEA idea but with quality. Do note the warranty issues is only on technical faults. Should the platform collapse due to over weight or mis-handling, IKEA will not be responsible. It's your choice lah at the end of the day.

t_Picture1m_8f1ef01.png

We are planning to purchase Ikea Pax and Komplement wardrobe for our bedrooms and MBR. Considering Ikea bec

a. We would like to customise our wardrobe.....

b. We like the interior to be wood colour instead of white. Was told by ID that this will cost me more if custom make.....

c. The Komplement roller track is quite smooth and accessories is quite comprehensive.....

d. There is 10 years warranty....

I would like to request for feedback on the wardrobe from those who have bought it.

Thanks!!!

you can go to Alumix.com to see their pole system which can be re-configure in the future.... it beats IKEA anytime in terms of quality and its not that costly.

and yes, they have interior wood colour

About yr ID charging u more for wood interior.... its a bluff. the reason why white colour is a standard interior colour is because they use PVC material. if you want wood or any other colour, they got to use laminate.

so that's why there is a cost.

u can press yr ID to give in to you, since u know the reason now.