Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duckie

Dreaming Of A Zen Inspired Home

mine is the 3 room one, look for my user name in topic creator. nth up yet but floorplan cos im still in the process of discussion. i can tell u its not some walk in the park so brace yourself!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
yeah.. that's what i tot.. its not what we imagined.. :P

not what you imagined? meaning the condition is alot worse?

oh okie.. but won't they pressure u? i'm afraid to begin because i'm afraid they would scold us or get angry if we decide to go for a different ID then they'd think we wasted their time or something..

do u guys have your blogs? maybe i can check them out get more ideas.. :) thanks

i know wat u mean.. one trick i use last time before i settled for my ID is to just talk to them first, avoid the topic of the status of the house (waiting for keys, got the keys, etc), get all the info we want, the leave by saying we actually balloted for the flat, but still waiting for the results and we will consider them when we get the flat. :sport-smiley-004:

they have no case to be angry since we are still potential customers for them.. and they are very eager to give info.. 8|

master bedroom:

the entire flooring needs to be hack since it has platform and im not into platforms. :unsure:

p1070145.jpg

p1070146.jpg

actually too bad coz the floor is still quite very good and notice the small cupboards.. they quite well done.

but the cabinet.. it will have to go otherwise i won't move it.. :P

Don't get intimidated by them. I approached quite a number of IDs before I settled for a contractor. If you want I can PM you 3 of the IDs that I spoke to whom I feel they are quite sincere and pricing ok among the IDs. I ended up choosing the contractor cos his quote is the lowest and workmanship is at a level that is acceptable to me.

PM me if u want the IDs no.

major color change in this room. i also want to hack away the cabinet and just replace with whatever. :P

p1070144i.jpg

the other room.. we're not gonna touch.. since we will still be using it as office and then maybe put my hubby's collections (toys!!)

p1070143r.jpg

here's the living room.. a bit small.. the other picture includes us and i'm quite shy to share here.. haha. anyway it just shows the window.

p1070153.jpg

i see nothing much to change in the living room.. just the furnitures. the floor is still quite good.

looks well maintained.. if the flooring is still good after the furniture is removed then you can consider keeping the floor esp the bedrooms since they kinda fit the Zen theme ba.

Don't worry about pushy IDs. Pushy IDs.. are the ones you will never want. So the pushier someone gets the more determined you have to be to go far far away from them. haha

I think good IDs understand the need for us to go home to think about what we want... and will not push us one. :)

surf ard the forum and check out some good IDs? I think payretep's ID seems ok... :)

yeah, can check out my ID's blog bah, its in my sig.. duno if he did zen theme before tho, but he is a nice guy.. hahaha

let me know if u need his contact bah. :yamseng:

by the way from the package that you took off the ID's web, I am sure our popular uncle ah Soon can give a much better price.

Welcome and congrates on ur new place!

Hee.. agree with the rest. Just talk to IDs first to get an idea of what u wan, what can be done and what needs to be done. If you are very comfy with the ID, then just go ahead. But if price matters or u r not comfy, then continue searching and look around for contractors who will be able to give a better price.

Ah Soon is really the hot fav now; lots of pple using him. Or u can try Yeak, my contractor. He did rondy and roamca's place as well. Both are very nice and chin cai pple. :)

Hope u have a smooth reno journey!

oh my.. i got few replies today and i'm confused already.. i guess i should be very careful in choosing and find the loopholes huh?

anyone got ahsoong's number? maybe i can try him?

how did u guys decide? its tough. :help:

duckie... i pmed you ah soon's number alr... but.. i think you should still talk to some IDs for ideas cos ah soon is a contractor and wun be able to design or spend much time with you discussing about designs.. :)