Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Metalsubzero

Looking Forward To Our First Home...

To make things worse, I heard from someone whose works are about twice as much as mine completing within 6 weeks.. Dunno why mine with so much lesser stuffs takes more time.. 6 weeks and can't even HO.. Sianz.. I'm hanging on.. I hope when I get down there later it won't be in the same state as yesterday.. :/

don't take that as gospel truth until uncle really can handover in 6 weeks. He also told me mine can be done in 6 weeks.

My reno suppose to start end of april and now it is like the 7th week and they just started putting up my carpentry work yesterday and today the carpenters disappear for half a day again. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yo Ivy, I would assume it's the truth since the house was already handed in 6 weeks.. I shant disclose whose house though..

Are you in a hurry to get ur flat? If you are, u seem to take it better den I do.. Hahaha..

My point is, chase also no use, cuz they will do things their way, their time..

I still have a fair bit of small small stuffs not done yet, so I'm pretty worried.. Like the electrical part, supposed to be yesterday and today.. Turned out yesterday didnt start work, they think they can finish installing my 22 downlights, 20 T5 lights, dining, storeroom, 2 toilets, kitchen, service yard and 4 ceiling fans + new switches for the whole house in 1 day? I'm skeptical about any more promises..

I'm crossing my fingers that the electrical works will be at least done if not half done later.. If they tell me they don't have time to come over today again, they will certainly cross my threshold level.. There's a limit to tolerance.. :)

i hope u get a favourable reply soon...nearer to HO, i chase daily leh :P to be specific, few times a day when things were not done!

I think bo geh should be calling u soon...

Yo Ivy, I would assume it's the truth since the house was already handed in 6 weeks.. I shant disclose whose house though..

Are you in a hurry to get ur flat? If you are, u seem to take it better den I do.. Hahaha..

My point is, chase also no use, cuz they will do things their way, their time..

I still have a fair bit of small small stuffs not done yet, so I'm pretty worried.. Like the electrical part, supposed to be yesterday and today.. Turned out yesterday didnt start work, they think they can finish installing my 22 downlights, 20 T5 lights, dining, storeroom, 2 toilets, kitchen, service yard and 4 ceiling fans + new switches for the whole house in 1 day? I'm skeptical about any more promises..

I'm crossing my fingers that the electrical works will be at least done if not half done later.. If they tell me they don't have time to come over today again, they will certainly cross my threshold level.. There's a limit to tolerance.. :)

ohh that one is handed over liao ahhh no wonder you don't feel good.

Heng I not in a hurry cos I am bunking in with mother in law but I am getting a little restless cos my poor boys are sleeping on the living room floor... with mattress of course. I am cluttering up my in law's place as well. Not very nice lor.

I don't think they can finish the electrical works in 1 day unless they pump in more workers. try to call uncle and tell him u will be booted from your friend's place by sunday, see whether he can prioritise ur works.

i hope u get a favourable reply soon...nearer to HO, i chase daily leh :P to be specific, few times a day when things were not done!

I think bo geh should be calling u soon...

Calling me soon? No leh.. Didnt get a call.. U told me about my rants ah? Hahahaha...

ohh that one is handed over liao ahhh no wonder you don't feel good.

Heng I not in a hurry cos I am bunking in with mother in law but I am getting a little restless cos my poor boys are sleeping on the living room floor... with mattress of course. I am cluttering up my in law's place as well. Not very nice lor.

I don't think they can finish the electrical works in 1 day unless they pump in more workers. try to call uncle and tell him u will be booted from your friend's place by sunday, see whether he can prioritise ur works.

Yeah lor.. Hehe, see, I guessed so that you were not in a hurry.. Else you'd be jumping like me.. Hahaha.. Oh, sleep on living room is bad.. Hope u'd get ur HO soon! :)

I also don't think they can finish the electrical works in 1 day.. Hahaha.. Well, at least I want to see some effort to speed things up.. I already told him that I will have no place to stay.. Seems like he can't do anything about it.. :unsure:

Guest melancholic

Oh dear.. just read your thread...

Hope things turn out fine for you.

I'm staying at Blk 239 with my in-laws now.. and we'll all be moving in to my new place by this weekend. Polishing of the marble will be the next two days.. and 90% of our deliveries will come on Saturday. Had no choice but to rush, cos wifey smart aleck.. got my in-law's house rented out before we had even selected and confirmed our ID.. so we could only give our ID 3 weeks plus to get our house done. No margin of error, and touch ups will have to be after the handover date.

Finally I've moved in.. Really got no time to load up any pictures.. I was too lazy to take pictures of the progress, so don't have much of those pictures, what I have is the state of my house after reno and now when all the furniture are in.. Still have some minor rectifications here and there.. But Im generally pleased how things turned out lest the time management. Hahahaha..

Not a problem.. I'm so busy with work the past few weeks (Just got transferred to do Sales, Buying all the household items, and pending items we need in our house (it goes on and on, everyday sure can think of sumthin to buy) and also rectifications for the renovation works.. Wat's more, I havent unpacked most of my stuffs yet.. -___-" Will definitely post up my house's pics (One day soon I hope) Hahahaha.. Havent transferred my broadband connection from my previous place to my new place yet.. kk.. Gotta go back to work..

Guest melancholic
Not a problem.. I'm so busy with work the past few weeks (Just got transferred to do Sales, Buying all the household items, and pending items we need in our house (it goes on and on, everyday sure can think of sumthin to buy) and also rectifications for the renovation works.. Wat's more, I havent unpacked most of my stuffs yet.. -___-" Will definitely post up my house's pics (One day soon I hope) Hahahaha.. Havent transferred my broadband connection from my previous place to my new place yet.. kk.. Gotta go back to work..

Great to hear that you have moved in.

I managed to unpack most of my stuff within 2 days.. haha... many hands make light work... enjoy your convenient location! We should have some Sengkang gathering soon.. with different Sengkangers hosting on different weeks!!