Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I feel like.... he is sharpening his knife and ready for you~!!

Hrm... Have you ever try to approach other ID from other firms before? have you ever asked how long this person been working in this industry? How is his finished project look like? Most importantly, DO YOU LIKE HIS DESIGN?

Last time when I told my designer that by budget is 30k. But end up his initial quotation is 21k only. What he said is because my design is nothing much. That's why so low.

Hi,

can share wif me yr quote?

Thanks..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Himiten,

My friend is an ID, maybe you can seek advise or even ask a quote from him for comparison..

from what i see here, it is really ex..

PM me if you are interested.. No harm getting another offer right? :yamseng:

HI, I think some things u need to compare... First of all he SAYS that his material is better and that is mre exp... but in actual fact we are no the experts so we dont really knw if he uses so call goo materials. n I can see a lot of tailor made cabinets in ur quote.. do they offer waranty for those? Some have........

Hi all...

We have zoomed in directly to a particular ID introduced by a family friend. After several meet ups, he has produced a few layout (but there isn't much difference actually) and at the last meet up we were given a quotation. However my husband felt that it is overpriced. It sounds fishy because previously he mentioned that his budget is 40k, and somehow he managed to give us a quotation that is like 39k+. Is it really possible to be so close to our maximum budget? Actually our budget is lower, hubby did not discuss with me when he blurt out the 40k amount. It's our first flat and we are quite clueless.

I did not take back a copy of the quotation but we paid 1k for him to draw the 3d computer drawings which will be shown to us later.

1) Is it normal to collect 1k for 3D drawings? He mentioned that it will be offset in the reno fee when we sign up.

2) Is it limited to just 3 layout changes?

Anyway I briefly remember the quotation.

- 2000 for masterbed room floor and wall tile overlay

- tv feature wall is like 2000+

- shoe cabinet (full height) 1500

- bed side table 520

- painting 1200

- hacking of wall 700 (excluding PE charges)

Overall the masterbed room + toilet costs 20 over thousand (platform bed with head panel, WIW, side table, bath tub, vanity, tile overlay)

Thanks all for reading and advises.

hi my sis have done up her house quite sometime ago and from what i see your quote was really very ex.you can pm me if you want to have my sis id to give you a quote for you to compare.her id is really good for his after sales service.i guess this is what what we need from all contractors or id.Fyi he is still serving her after i think two years plus.

you really got to ask waht you want really want... then get a few quote to compare.. it may to Ex to others but it may be ok to you or the other way round.. so.. it all boils down to your comfort level & budget.... there's always a cheaper quote out there.. but can he /the firm do the job to your liking ??? only you know... =)

My 2 cents worth of comments..

you really got to ask waht you want really want... then get a few quote to compare.. it may to Ex to others but it may be ok to you or the other way round.. so.. it all boils down to your comfort level & budget.... there's always a cheaper quote out there.. but can he /the firm do the job to your liking ??? only you know... =)

My 2 cents worth of comments..

As an ID, i totally agree with forcevolt. Firstly, check your level of comfort and budget. But what i can say is, in the end, someone who offers you cheap and low price might not include items that you cant initially forecast. Whereas, for the ID who charges you high might simply absorb into his profits on the little and smaller charges made to him by the contractors. And who knows, his personal services that might include outside his jobscopes that require expenses.

Many a times, it is very difficult to compare apples with oranges. Even apples with apples also can be grown from australia and europe or japan. Contractors who quote you 150 for hacking per wall might not earn profit or even make a loss on THIS ITEM. but he will cover his losses on the other items. THIS is how contractors work. So, its hard to say if 40k is too ex. But for 40k, i will be expecting a finished unit closed to the quality covered on HOME n DECOR front page when its done.

thats my worth of comments too. hehe

I also think is too ex, my 5 room not even 40k with fully reno lor. Most the workers I see is also Malaysian. I think you better find more quotation to compare.

One thing for sure is the cabinet materials.

All using the same material.

3 layer wood.

The only different is the worksmanship.

The ID claims that the materials he used is much better. He say it is hard to compare because the materials used are not the same. His workers are also from Malaysia instead of China (he say they are better but more ex).

We are hacking only 2 walls and it costs $750. I guess if we dun sign up we will take the 3D drawings to source for someone else. It's not easy for us to get reliable reference as we are the earlier ones within our group of friends to get a flat.

I feel like.... he is sharpening his knife and ready for you~!!

Hrm... Have you ever try to approach other ID from other firms before? have you ever asked how long this person been working in this industry? How is his finished project look like? Most importantly, DO YOU LIKE HIS DESIGN?

Last time when I told my designer that by budget is 30k. But end up his initial quotation is 21k only. What he said is because my design is nothing much. That's why so low.

Hi snowie,

Can Pm me your quotation as well?

Thanks

After reading numerous posts, l would also like to share my experiences. Firstly, l am also sourcing for someone to do up my place which happens to be an old resale unit. One thing that l am sure is; $40k to $45k (excl GST) is possible! Well, design-wise, l am not sure if it qualifies to be on front page of home and decor... because the reason is l am changing everything and l mean everything (quote is almost 4 pages). I will not entertain calls for quote...

So far, l have visited about 6 ID firms (although 2 are more like contractors), l do not ask for those popular ones IDs, and to be honest, l simply walk-in, in my bermudas and t-shirt (was told that sometimes they judge you by how you dress, so l hope they dun take me for a carrot).

1.) An ID along Sims Ave, respond time is 2 days, must say that they are very professional (dun talk bad about others even when l intentionally coerced them to be so), knowledgable (tested them cos l actually read up before l go, but act blur), good listener (attentive to your ideas and make appropriate recommendations) and well-prepared (all plans already done up and can make changes on the spot after listening and sell you some ideas of his own, which are better than my original ones). Price-wise, its between the above that l mentioned by all itemised. So no hidden cost and should be assured to put my house in their hands, if l select them.

2.) An ID along Joo Chiat, respond time for quote is forever..., even until now l have not heard from them and its been 1 mth plus. Before that, l also walk-in. Talked to the ID, they have no suggestions. l think they even got problem understanding the floor plan. Asked about what they have done before and got shown some previous work that are suposedly about $50k to $60k but l think they are not that fantastic. To sum it up... bad experience. Talked about my ideas, they just listened and seemed like waiting for me to finish only... not much interaction. Maybe its my dressing... Confirm drop this one.

3.) An ID along Ubi, Sims Ave, respond time is 5 days, seemed experienced. Not your funky designer type. But design is practical and managed to incorporate my ideas into the plan and put in some ideas of his own. Willing to listen to your needs but dun expect award-winning designs. Reasonable quote with room for negiotiation and not pushy at all. Quote is close to $40k. Feels comfortable with them too.

4.) continue tomorrrow... wife calling.

Dear all, any comments on this quotation? Have not included the bedrooms and washrooms yet.

Foyer & passageway area

- To supply labour to demonlish existing wall panel (L1600mm) $200

- To supply labour & material to patch smooth onto dmg area inclusive change floor & wall tiles $500

- To supply labour & material to construct false ceiling $510

- To supply labour & material to overlay 8mm thick laminate floor board (124sqt) $570

- To design & fabricate shoe cabinet in 2 sided laminate finish (L1500mmxH2400mm) $1300

Living/Dining area

- To supply labour & material to construct false ceiling with cove lighting effect $730

- To supply labour & material to overlay 8mm thick laminate floor board (269sqft) $1210

- To design & fabricate full height feature wall with tic tac door in laminate finish (L1500mmxH2400mm)$700

- To design & fabricate raised up platform with light pelmet in laminate finish (L4000mm xD2700mm) $1890

- To design & fabricate floor standing tv console in 2 sided laminate finish (L2000mmxH450mm) $1200

Kitchen area

- To supply labour to demolish existing Lshape wall panel (L3300mm) $300

- To supply labour & material to patch smooth onto dmg area inclusive change floor & wall tiles $500

- To design & fabricate Lshape kitchen bottom cabinet in laminate finish (3900mm) $1820

- To supply labour & material to install 6mm thick tempered colour glass backing(L2100mmxH1740mm)$1240

- To supply labour & material to install selected solid surface work top (L3900mm) $980

- To design & fabricate Lshape bartop counter in laminate finish (L2700mmxH1100mm) $700

- To supply labour & material to install selected solid surface work top (L2700mm) $780

Study room area

- To supply & dismantle existing door & door frame $50

- To supply labour to demolish existing Lshape wall panel (L5400mm) $400

- To supply labour & material to patch smooth onto dmg area $500

- To supply labour & material to overlay 8mm thick laminate floor board (81sqft) $370

- To supply labour & material to install 5no of 10mm thick tempered glass fixed panel (L900mmxH2400mm) $3000

- To supply labour & material to install 10mm thick tempered swing door inclusive of fixed panel above door way. $1100

- To design & fabricate Lshape study ledge in laminate finish (L1800mmxH760mm) $580

Others

- To supply labour to hack off existing skirting **** & study room area $300

- To supply & lay hot/cold stainless steel or copper piping to 1 kitchen inclusive $700

- To supply labour & materials to paint whole unit with choice of 5 colours $1000

Hi All, anyone could advise if S$230 per square feet for Wardrobe is reasonable?

What sort of material of finishing would I be expecting?

I am being quoted this rate for my renovation. Hope some experienced guys here could help.

Thank you

Hi All, anyone could advise if S$230 per square feet for Wardrobe is reasonable?

What sort of material of finishing would I be expecting?

I am being quoted this rate for my renovation. Hope some experienced guys here could help.

Thank you

it all depends what they give you lo. i stay in flat so shorter my id given 220 for swing door with soft closing door

it really depend u can ask for more things just try to push abit lo hahah.

it all depends what they give you lo. i stay in flat so shorter my id given 220 for swing door with soft closing door

it really depend u can ask for more things just try to push abit lo hahah.

Can share?