Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ema82

Theme/color Theme For Whole Unit Laminated Floor?

Hi all,

I need your help on the theme of the flat that we are renovating now :help: .

My whole house (living + dining + 3 bedrooms) will have laminate flooring. The flatform **** & cozy corner will have dark walnut color

So I tend to like Modern Resort theme.

But my design my ID proposed is not nice. Then he changed to Black & White theme.

I need all the experts here to advise me on the color theme:

1. Will be black & white good on laminate flooring?

2. Which color should i choose for the laminate floor to suit this B&W, also can make the platform outstanding?

3. I feedback to the ID that I want walnut color for all (including kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, TV console ect. ) but he said this color is not in trend now, it was ard 2 years ago so it's very norm. What do you think?

Really dilema in choosing the theme & color theme now :bangwall:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Get your ID to draw it out on 3D program with a color mixer, easier to discuss in front of the screen with the instant color changing options than imagine how it would look like.

Since you only know what color your cozy corner flooring would be, fix it as that, change the other colors (walls, laminated floors, carpentry color combination, curtains, sofa, furnishing) concurrently and see if you like what you like what's on the screen.

Hi all,

I need your help on the theme of the flat that we are renovating now :help: .

My whole house (living + dining + 3 bedrooms) will have laminate flooring. The flatform **** & cozy corner will have dark walnut color

So I tend to like Modern Resort theme.

But my design my ID proposed is not nice. Then he changed to Black & White theme.

I need all the experts here to advise me on the color theme:

1. Will be black & white good on laminate flooring?

2. Which color should i choose for the laminate floor to suit this B&W, also can make the platform outstanding?

3. I feedback to the ID that I want walnut color for all (including kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, TV console ect. ) but he said this color is not in trend now, it was ard 2 years ago so it's very norm. What do you think?

Really dilema in choosing the theme & color theme now :bangwall:

U paid for their services and they can't give you what u like...wonder u r the one staying or they r the one. No offend.

I like resort theme also that why I'm doing it for my house nowp1000487.jpg.

My door entrance.

p1000424.jpg

I do it on my staircase.

ya, i also wonder why, but don't know how to change his drawing, i surf online for sample alot but nothing in particular that i like :(.

anyone have resort theme to share?

Hi Jaskel, what is that material at yr door, the brown one?

ya, i also wonder why, but don't know how to change his drawing, i surf online for sample alot but nothing in particular that i like :( .

Hi ema82, this is something nature and got resort feel. Its real coconut husk.

ya, i also wonder why, but don't know how to change his drawing, i surf online for sample alot but nothing in particular that i like :( .

Btw, I'm doing something resort and modern for my house now.

Don't go for trends, go for something that lasts. Walnut is a beautiful wood, just don't overuse it as too much of the wood grain can be a little overwhelming. You could mix walnut with white marble, and maybe a warm light grey for walls. And for a resort theme, you gotta have lots of plants too ;)

Something a little like this (the colours and materials) would look great for a modern resort theme

02coffeetable4-8-09.jpg

Don't go for trends, go for something that lasts. Walnut is a beautiful wood, just don't overuse it as too much of the wood grain can be a little overwhelming. You could mix walnut with white marble, and maybe a warm light grey for walls. And for a resort theme, you gotta have lots of plants too ;)

Something a little like this (the colours and materials) would look great for a modern resort theme

02coffeetable4-8-09.jpg

Light grey for wall is one of my shortlist too ;-)...tks for yr great advice

think i shld ask him the black color to wood color

btw, my foyer entrance now is in black! as the floor is black title & feature wall of bomb shelter is also black, is it ok for fengsui (haha, i think this Q is not suitable here :D)

Its you who are staying in the house , not the ID, so you must feel comfy in it.

No point staying in a modern showroom, which you dont feel good in.

In trend or not, i feel its not important, most important is your preference and likes.

Why as the ID to provide drawings to show 2 different concept, yours and his..

and see which suits you beta.

Anyway, you have already pay the deposit.. n ID is supposed to amend the drawings until you are happy..

isnt it?

Dont be pressuried in accepting something which you dont feel comfortable about. :D :D