Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bahamass

Questions About Hdb Upgrading Programs

Hi everyone,

I am currently about to sign OTP for a 3 room flat in Telok Blangah. I have some questions about the upgrading programs, which were not answered by looking at the HDB website. Wonder whether any of you all have any experience to share?

My problem is that I would be renovating my flat soon, including the toilets and windows. So if the Main Upgrading Program comes along later, we would still have to pay for the upgrading cost, whether or not we want our nicely-done toilets and windows to be redone! :dunno: Why would we want to waste the money for that, right?

What I am wondering is:

- If the block is currently undergoing Lift Upgrading Program only, listed on the LUP list of the HDB website, does that mean it will never undergo Main Upgrading Program?

- Will HDB give Main Upgrading Program or Home Improvement Program? The 2 types appear to be the same, except that HIP you can opt out of the toilet and window improvements and reduce your upgrading cost.

Please share your thoughts!

Thank you..

Edited by bahamass

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What I am wondering is:

- If the block is currently undergoing Lift Upgrading Program only, listed on the LUP list of the HDB website, does that mean it will never undergo Main Upgrading Program?

Not true, economy is bad, so the "invisible hand" is currently at work, so expect more short term upgrading to be done currently.

When the time is up, ie 2-10 years time, they will still ask u for MUP. All depends on your town council (or MPs)

- Will HDB give Main Upgrading Program or Home Improvement Program? The 2 types appear to be the same, except that HIP you can opt out of the toilet and window improvements and reduce your upgrading cost.

Again depends on your town council (or MPs), I believe they all have some sort of a development plans for their estate at hand... by the way our government normally plan 20years ahead.

Unfortunately, No one can answer your questions. :)