Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ema82

Vanity Cabinet - Glass Or Laminate?

My master toilet has dry and wet area, divided by a shower screen. My ID recommended to have glass with alumnium frame for the vanity cabinet instead of laminate.

Do you think which one is better? Personnaly I prefer laminate as it looks nicer but he said laminate is not recommended in toilet becoz of humidity. But I saw alot of toilets have laminate cabinet leh...

Can you advise?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

we use black glass and aluminium frame. from our experience, anything wood in toilet will eventually warp or split open from humidity, especially under the vanity counter. rather not have to worry about these sort of degradation in due course. moreover, we happen to prefer glass look but that's really personal preference.

Our ID also use black glass...anyhow I find laminate cabinet is nicer :(, look more classy :(...

I think just follow yr advice & our ID's :(

hi, i'm also at a split between laminate or glass for my mbr vanity cabinet. btw how much does yr glass finished vanity cabinet cost? is the table top in glass too or is it solid surface? thanks.

hi.. or maybe u can choose solid surface like corian... it does not have any joint line and looks classy... on top of that... it is very durable as well...

Hi All. Can someone tell me what is the average price that the contractor charges (pfr/psf) for the vanity cabinet (solid top + cabinet) in the toilet ? Thanks

Go for anything but wood. My wooden cabinet in the toilet got termites after about 8+ years. Wood will fail eventually due to the humidity.

What other options do I have? Aluminium with glass looks quite sad. Any other options.

Any suggestion on how much will it cost pfr?

Go for anything but wood. My wooden cabinet in the toilet got termites after about 8+ years. Wood will fail eventually due to the humidity.

we use black glass and aluminium frame. from our experience, anything wood in toilet will eventually warp or split open from humidity, especially under the vanity counter. rather not have to worry about these sort of degradation in due course. moreover, we happen to prefer glass look but that's really personal preference.
I would not even use aluminium.

Aluminium can corrode and it leaves white spots on the aluminium later forming holes.

Best stainless steel.

Vanity stuff is plastic and that turns ugly yellow over time.

Try ceramics or glass.

Edited by Caireann