Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Bon07

Bon07 & Ling02's Dream Home

AH? lol you do one item with him only, it won't be worthwhile for you wor...

Look like the most popular contractor is him............

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Look like the most popular contractor is him............

haiz I get afraid when people say that. lol Not really ba. I think some people engaged other good contractors but they don't relish the idea of having a T-blog. :) So it "looks" like he is the most popular.. lalala

AH? lol you do one item with him only, it won't be worthwhile for you wor...

really not worthwhile ah?

but no choice leh...i quite anal about laminate joint lines especially on white laminates and the feature wall at the dining area will be full of joint lines if done the laminate way....

skyblue's white tv console is a good example of zero joint lines and its so pretty...

mm think do one item only with anyone also not worth ba. Cos one item they cannot absorb much.. talk to the ID to absorb more la... :P

Some updates to my fellow forummers:

Reno Diary

21 June 2009, Sun: Went to Massimmo for first time to buy L-shaped sofa. But had previously surfed there website for weeks. So we knew what we wanted. Went there, chose the sofa, customised the length to 3m; customised the legs to Penne S/S legs; chose the fabric, negotiated the price after 25% GSS discount; got the freebies as advertised; asked for more (1 only) freebie. Saleslady said will email me the customised 3D pic on 24 June 09. Good service.

22 June 2009, Mon: Hacking commenced. What a mess. Wardrobe, kitchen cabinet, foyer partition and both bathrooms were stripped bare. Heart pain. Went to Balestier to hunt for a glass block to replace the one broken on my wall next to the main door. Found similar one but not exact. Sian.

23 June 2009, Tues: Electrician Uncle came to put up the wiring for the MBR and WIW. Very friendly. Bought snacks from Old Chang Kee for him and the tiler. All wiring completed by 1730. Tilers came and had a lengthy discussion with ID on the placement of the tiles and some other technical issues which are yet to be resolved/confirmed. False ceiling guys came too. ID made a lengthy explanation to them on the idea of the wall partition behind bedhead for the WIW inside. Very serious. Before all these, we went to Hoe Kee around Malay Village (Tanjong Katong Complex). Nice Damixa shower head and taps. High chance buy from there. Tomorrow, tiling will commence but not before technical issues are resolved.

Question: We have a question to ask all for opinion: What is the height between the bottom kitchen cabinet (aka worktop surface) and the top kitchen cabinet? ie the height of the space between the top and bottom kitchen cabinets. The design proposed by our ID seems to make the space really small. Can any kind soul please enlighten us?

Edited by Bon07

Question:We have a question to ask all for opinion: What is the height between the bottom kitchen cabinet (aka worktop surface) and the top kitchen cabinet? ie the height of the space between the top and bottom kitchen cabinets. The design proposed by our ID seems to make the space really small. Can any kind soul please enlighten us?

Mine:

Plinth height: 50mm

Bottom Cabinet: 762mm

Solid top: 38mm

Space in between bottom and top: 530mm

hihi bon

there r 3 blum dealers, so u can try all :D

Kiang Sing Hong Hardware Suppliers

828 Upper Bukit Timah Rd S678155

David 6760 0365

Hong Li Hardware Pte Ltd

906K Upper Thomson Rd S787110

William 6455 8650/8774

Vibrog Trading Pte Ltd

277 Kranji Rd S738733

Robert 6368 2278

Mine:

Plinth height: 50mm

Bottom Cabinet: 762mm

Solid top: 38mm

Space in between bottom and top: 530mm

thanks reiki for ur help :)

hihi bon

David 6760 0365

Hong Li Hardware Pte Ltd

William 6455 8650/8774

Vibrog Trading Pte Ltd

277 Kranji Rd S738733

Robert 6368 2278

wah...haha...thanks a lot... ;)

wah...haha...thanks a lot... ;)

Hi Bon

Did Miker say you need to top up for the Blum system? for mine, he passed me the invoice from Blum which cost around $120 per set for 1 door on my shoe cabinet....

Just checking only

Cheers

Kartell

nice concept so far!

like the sleek modern look.

well for me i would prefer Option B because of the black. and also because the cleaning for Option A would be really difficult and eventually I think for most people would abandon cleaning them .

hihi bon

David 6760 0365

Hong Li Hardware Pte Ltd

William 6455 8650/8774

Vibrog Trading Pte Ltd

277 Kranji Rd S738733

Robert 6368 2278

I went to Kiang Sing Hong and check out the Blum system price, is slightly cheaper than getting from Blum.com.sg but i think Blum.com.sg can help if you face installation issue

Hi Bon

Did Miker say you need to top up for the Blum system? for mine, he passed me the invoice from Blum which cost around $120 per set for 1 door on my shoe cabinet....

Just checking only

Cheers

Kartell

Hi Bon

Just want to double check, did Miker promise you to clean up the whole house after the renovation? He insisted that this was not on the quotations..but every quotations he sent to me as this imprints before item 1. Do you have this statement as well?

Project Management

* Design Conceptualization, Space Planning, Colour Scheme

and Materials Proposal for the Whole House, Site Inspection

and Whole House Cleaning.

Hi Bon

Just want to double check, did Miker promise you to clean up the whole house after the renovation? He insisted that this was not on the quotations..but every quotations he sent to me as this imprints before item 1. Do you have this statement as well?

Project Management

* Design Conceptualization, Space Planning, Colour Scheme

and Materials Proposal for the Whole House, Site Inspection

and Whole House Cleaning.

yup, i have this statement as well, it is on the very first page. and one of the items was Acid wash and general cleaning. so i dunnoif the "whole house cleaning" and "general cleaning" refer to the same thing.

do u have "general cleaning" under one of ur items?

Hey Bon07, long time "no see", how's the reno so far? When is the estimated date of completion?

Hope it has been smooth going and you have a more relax time? :)

Edited by skyblue