Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gaku70

New Home In The East

Gaku, ur elect guy is Ah Tan?

So far many who had worked with Joseph says he is quite on the ball kind. Hopefully no more delays this time around. He will also take over my reno too.

Tell the tripping problem to Joseph or Uncle...Hope they can quickly settle for u.

Hmm...I was just thinking how come no updates for your unit and your update came today!

Yes the elect guy is Ah Tan who is also quitting. I have just spoken to him and has a small argument regarding my bulbs. He has asked me to do the installation myself, just screw the bulbs in. I wanted to find out where are the bulbs that I bought. He mentioned either don't have or in the room, ask me go and find. In the end, he admitted using one of the bulb for the storeroom, the other one missing.

For the mcb, he just reroute to another. I really feel the change in attitude. That's why I am trying to find out if can get Inspector to certify the electrical work.

Unfortunately Joseph is not familiar with electrical and ask me to talk to Ah Tan instead.

Sorry for not updating regularly, was ill recently maybe because rushing everyday.

How's your reno coming along, HO soon?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Yes the elect guy is Ah Tan who is also quitting. I have just spoken to him and has a small argument regarding my bulbs. He has asked me to do the installation myself, just screw the bulbs in. I wanted to find out where are the bulbs that I bought. He mentioned either don't have or in the room, ask me go and find. In the end, he admitted using one of the bulb for the storeroom, the other one missing.

For the mcb, he just reroute to another. I really feel the change in attitude. That's why I am trying to find out if can get Inspector to certify the electrical work.

Unfortunately Joseph is not familiar with electrical and ask me to talk to Ah Tan instead.

Sorry for not updating regularly, was ill recently maybe because rushing everyday.

How's your reno coming along, HO soon?

Oh...weather's bad, better take good care and drink more water.

my electrical jobs are not 100% completed and they chipped one of my lights. I hope the lighting issues can be resolved soon. Why not call Uncle and try telling him on the tripping issue? I am not sure if we can get Inspector to certify the work.

As I was typing, Ah Tan called me to verify my lights. He sounded ok...they installed some of the lights wrongly and I used my 2 halogen lights meant for the altar. Anyways, small matter, i will get it resolved.

My HO supposed to be monday. keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully everything will be ok.

Oh...weather's bad, better take good care and drink more water.

my electrical jobs are not 100% completed and they chipped one of my lights. I hope the lighting issues can be resolved soon. Why not call Uncle and try telling him on the tripping issue? I am not sure if we can get Inspector to certify the work.

As I was typing, Ah Tan called me to verify my lights. He sounded ok...they installed some of the lights wrongly and I used my 2 halogen lights meant for the altar. Anyways, small matter, i will get it resolved.

My HO supposed to be monday. keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully everything will be ok.

ok thanks, im drinking "Liang teh" now.

Uncle has tasked the job to Joseph and I will let him settle. If cannot settle then will go to uncle, proper channel first.

I was not really happy with the attitude because he told me if have then it's in the room, if not then don't have loh. Initially he told me his worker has told him there is no bulb. After that he told me he used one of the bulb for the storeroom. So very contradicting.

Good to hear that your HO is on Monday. Guess you are busy checking for issue and getting it rectified. Do you have a long list or a short one for rectification?

Hi Gaku,

do take good care of your own health..:)

Hopefully all these rectification can be done fast. Seem like that alot of issue with this Ah Tan...seem to have seen someone having problem with his work too...

sad to say, i was very angry to go up to my place after work when the elect guys called me twice to tell me that my pendant light is nowhere found.

I was the one who received the items and I DID SEE that it was there, one piece, intact! True enough, the box was still sitting there nicely when I rushed up after work. Almost wanted to kill someone!!

my rectification list is not too long for now as carpentry is still not up. Uncle also pointed out some not so well done things (which I never really notice) and without me telling, he already ask joseph to call Ah Hock to re-do everything!

I found 5 hollow tiles in the entire kitchen. so they will replace. I will pop by and check again tonight. the mosiacs still not nicely done...I can't check the floor tiles as they are all laid with paper. Guess i can only check when carpentry is done.

Hi Gaku,

do take good care of your own health..:)

Hopefully all these rectification can be done fast. Seem like that alot of issue with this Ah Tan...seem to have seen someone having problem with his work too...

Thank you blue diamond. How's your reno coming along?

To be fair, initially he is very good and responsive. When my electricial items arrived, he came to check personally even without asking. I was very impressed then and was thinking can introduce him to my friends.

Maybe now since he will not be working for uncle anymore so that's why the change in attitude. Workmanship-wise so-so not very impressive though. Have to rectify many times. The recent case of lumping all the lighting (except kitchen) for the MCB minus some points. The issue with the missing bulbs also minus some points.

Another thing I asked was on the MCB why he gave me the lower rate ampere type. He told me he bought it last time. Now I understand why my lights tripped.

hi gaku, cant believe ah tan is giving problems. maybe its ah seng, who keeps asking me to buy my own lights. like that might as well ask me to install myself right. wth. ah tan is nice! but maybe he has problems keeping up cos i believe he has a small team. for uncle this type, he needs a bigger team that is quick and fast.

meaning do once and do it well. instead of doing it so fast and doing it all wrong.

Thank you blue diamond. How's your reno coming along?

To be fair, initially he is very good and responsive. When my electricial items arrived, he came to check personally even without asking. I was very impressed then and was thinking can introduce him to my friends.

Maybe now since he will not be working for uncle anymore so that's why the change in attitude. Workmanship-wise so-so not very impressive though. Have to rectify many times. The recent case of lumping all the lighting (except kitchen) for the MCB minus some points. The issue with the missing bulbs also minus some points.

Another thing I asked was on the MCB why he gave me the lower rate ampere type. He told me he bought it last time. Now I understand why my lights tripped.

Mine is going to kick start on Monday....so hopefully everything will goes well.

I am actually most concern about rewiring part....cos if they mess it up...we wil have a big problem the next time round. I spoek to Uncle previously about his electrician, he did mentioned he has achnged a few and apparently the AH Tan is a better one. Hopefully he can find someone better to replace soon...

hi gaku, cant believe ah tan is giving problems. maybe its ah seng, who keeps asking me to buy my own lights. like that might as well ask me to install myself right. wth. ah tan is nice! but maybe he has problems keeping up cos i believe he has a small team. for uncle this type, he needs a bigger team that is quick and fast.

meaning do once and do it well. instead of doing it so fast and doing it all wrong.

Yes he is Ah Tan, not Ah Seng. I understand no contractor can do without some problems. I do not have problem talking to him face to face and he seems friendly as well. Maybe today woke up on the wrong side of the bed. As I know from this saturday onwards, he will cease to work for uncle, maybe that cause some stress. I have to admit Im alittle hot temper today. The "Liang teh" not effective yet.

For lights, I bought all my lights with bulbs (except 1). I do not mind the electrical workers loose one or two bulbs but have the integrity to admit it.

Mine is going to kick start on Monday....so hopefully everything will goes well.

I am actually most concern about rewiring part....cos if they mess it up...we wil have a big problem the next time round. I spoek to Uncle previously about his electrician, he did mentioned he has achnged a few and apparently the AH Tan is a better one. Hopefully he can find someone better to replace soon...

Unfortunately this better one will not be working for him soon. There will be three other electrical teams and hope you will get a good one. Guess you must be very excited to start your reno and best of luck.

Ah Tan quitting is not a surprise. He has been complaining too much work... too many projects. He is quite ok..... more skillful than the other 2. But he cannot ta-han the work load so he said he wants to quit.

Plus, his GOOD GOD BROTHER quitted, he will definitely follow suit. SAD!

Ah Tan quitting is not a surprise. He has been complaining too much work... too many projects. He is quite ok..... more skillful than the other 2. But he cannot ta-han the work load so he said he wants to quit.

Plus, his GOOD GOD BROTHER quitted, he will definitely follow suit. SAD!

I have a feeling his GOOD GOD BROTHER will be back. Maybe this few months weather too hot and need some cooling time.

I have a feeling his GOOD GOD BROTHER will be back. Maybe this few months weather too hot and need some cooling time.

This GOOD GOD BROTHER heart soft one la....... just needs to cool down. Anyway, brothers blood thicker than water, right!

Aiyo... we just came back from Malacca, I called him and he told me he no longer working for BIG BROTHER. SHOCKING! I called Ivy, then know the story. Sigh......

Still thinking of buying him coffee.......... wait for him to cool down first. He so nice, send me Ba Chang 2 weeks back. Must buy him kopi.

This GOOD GOD BROTHER heart soft one la....... just needs to cool down. Anyway, brothers blood thicker than water, right!

Aiyo... we just came back from Malacca, I called him and he told me he no longer working for BIG BROTHER. SHOCKING! I called Ivy, then know the story. Sigh......

Still thinking of buying him coffee.......... wait for him to cool down first. He so nice, send me Ba Chang 2 weeks back. Must buy him kopi.

Totally agree with you, blood is thicker than water. Anyway think BIG BROTHER wanted to pass the whole business to him if this thing did not happen. I do not know the whole story though, was thinking whether to ask uncle but too many people so did not ask. Just kpo abit, which Ivy are you referring to?

Gaku, I think it is clementi Ivy that she is referring to.

I also have the same thoughts. He should be back in action once he cools down. Uncle meant no harm lah...probably the stress due to overloaded with work that's why small matters here and there adds up to some unhappiness.