Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Here's the penal code taken from http://statutes.agc.gov.sg. Property=money entrusted to Ah Soon.

He has breached many contracts, both express and implied. Each liable with jail term of 7 years.

Criminal breach of trust.

405. Whoever, being in any manner entrusted with property, or with any dominion over property, dishonestly misappropriates or converts to his own use that property, or dishonestly uses or disposes of that property in violation of any direction of law prescribing the mode in which such trust is to be discharged, or of any legal contract, express or implied, which he has made touching the discharge of such trust, or wilfully suffers any other person to do so, commits “criminal breach of trust”.

Illustration

(a) A, being executor to the will of a deceased person, dishonestly disobeys the law which directs him to divide the effects according to the will, and appropriates them to his own use. A has committed criminal breach of trust.

(b) A is a warehouse-keeper. Z, going on a journey, entrusts his furniture to A, under a contract that it shall be returned on payment of a stipulated sum for warehouse room. A dishonestly sells the goods. A has committed breach of trust.

© A, residing in Singapore, is agent for Z, residing in Penang. There is an express or implied contract between A and Z that all sums remitted by Z to A shall be invested by A according to Z’s direction. Z remits $5,000 to A, with directions to A to invest the same in Government securities. A dishonestly disobeys the direction, and employs the money in his own business. A has committed criminal breach of trust.

(d) But if A, in the last illustration, not dishonestly, but in good faith, believing that it will be more for Z’s advantage to hold shares in the Bank X, disobeys Z’s directions, and buys shares in the Bank X for Z, instead of buying Government securities, here, though Z should suffer loss and should be entitled to bring a civil action against A on account of that loss, yet A, not having acted dishonestly, has not committed criminal breach of trust.

(e) A, a collector of Government money, or a clerk in a Government office, is entrusted with public money, and is either directed by law, or bound by a contract, express or implied, with the Government, to pay into a certain treasury all the public money which he holds. A dishonestly appropriates the money. A has committed criminal breach of trust.

(f) A, a carrier, is entrusted by Z with property to be carried by land or by water. A dishonestly misappropriates the property. A has committed criminal breach of trust.

Punishment of criminal breach of trust.

406. Whoever commits criminal breach of trust shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 7 years, or with fine, or with both.

Criminal breach of trust by carrier, etc.

407. Whoever, being entrusted with property as a carrier, wharfinger or warehouse-keeper, commits criminal breach of trust in respect of such property, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 15 years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Criminal breach of trust by clerk or servant.

408. Whoever, being a clerk or servant, or employed as a clerk or servant, and being in any manner entrusted in such capacity with property, or with any dominion over property, commits criminal breach of trust in respect of that property, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 15 years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Criminal breach of trust by public servant, or by banker, merchant, or agent.

409. Whoever, being in any manner entrusted with property, or with any dominion over property, in his capacity of a public servant, or in the way of his business as a banker, merchant, factor, broker, attorney or agent, commits criminal breach of trust in respect of that property, shall be punished with imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 20 years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

The family can influence him. I have little other options. Here's the specific paragraph in job applications. "Have you been or are you under any financial embarassment.". Points a-d are merely examples of 'embarassment'.

4. Have you been or are you under any financial embarrassment i.e. (a) an undischarged bankrupt, (b) a judgement debtor, © have

unsecured debts and liabilities of more than 3 months of last-drawn pay, (d) have signed a promissory note or an

acknowledgement of indebtedness?

That is totally 2 different persons....his son is not undischarged bankrupt....but I do hope can leave the family alone not...they are innocent parties....whatever ah soon make doesn't mean his son need to bear the mistakes also.

I'll make A LOT of noise at HDB till they relent.

In particular, I'll go to HDB with the police report on Monday. The report should carry a lot of weight.

Can't do that at all.....cos in the first place, he is not a HDB registered contractor.

Mr seashell had already told me about it. As contractor when we order in big amount its cheaper than normal contractor price. 40mm front profile (45 deg joint) with 60mm backsplash, India black galaxy, 20mm thickness, kitchen tap and sink cutting (polished for the sink), hob cutting and installation, I'm getting it at less than $100pfr, including GST.

Seldom company will charge house owner contractor price cos this is our trade secret, once we know it, we won't intro customer there at all cos this is our another source of income and the rules had laid down long ago.

Hi all,

For your information, Jaskel is so helpful and occupied with the affected families under Uncle's soon renovation that my reno project is temporary halt, it has been the at the present state for almost 1 month. Hence, please be fair to Jaskel for he is indeed dedicating alot of his time, effort and his own money helping out the affected families.

Hi Jaskel,

If all the people are suspicious of your intent, I would seriously urge you to concentrate on your existing profile (which included mine); Let me play the devil advocate then. It's pretty unfair to you, as well as myself (Might as well concentrate helping me so I can have a move in condition before CNY) for you will be seriously occupied by their woes, and subjected to their suspicious, criticisim and comments.

I sincerely hope everything will resume it's normal state for everybody. I definitely dun wish the Uncle Soon's issue affecting my own progress though I have zero contact and association with this incident.

Let's be fair - There is no free lunch in this world.

Edited by yowetan

for my granite top, it is with a 40mm front profile. may i know what is the contractor price for this? cos the company that i went to told me he is charging me already contractor price...

thanks

Mr seashell had already told me about it. As contractor when we order in big amount its cheaper than normal contractor price. 40mm front profile (45 deg joint) with 60mm backsplash, India black galaxy, 20mm thickness, kitchen tap and sink cutting (polished for the sink), hob cutting and installation, I'm getting it at less than $100pfr, including GST.

Seldom company will charge house owner contractor price cos this is our trade secret, once we know it, we won't intro customer there at all cos this is our another source of income and the rules had laid down long ago.

for my granite top, it is with a 40mm front profile. may i know what is the contractor price for this? cos the company that i went to told me he is charging me already contractor price...

i was charged $110pfr, india black galaxy. cus if urs cheaper, i may cancel theirs.

thanks

Edited by seashell

for mj case, if u are going to take care or be responsible for broken tiles in the event of dismantling the vanity. fair enuff. u need to factor in the extra cost needed to cover 'in the event of accident'...

for ah seng, i paid him directly -in full. i not ony do my windows, i also do my 2 toilet shower screen n etc.. anyway $5 and $5.50 - how big is the difference to do the kitchen n mbr grilles?

$60 different. And he charged her for $500 for her lower part windows and window grilles for her living and bedroom 2, some disagreement on his price after saw your price and her hubby talked to him and then he agreed to give $80 discount.

i really not sure why jesslyn was fly so many times aeroplane - mine was not an issue at all... in fact, he also did trevor house without any delay.. there was some fault on the sliding glass door, he also rectify immediately...there must be some reasons for delay for jesslyn side....

for me, to equally divide the money is fair.

How to divide...total how many owners are affected?

suggest all houseowners who is affected, to voice their wishes.. but if the money already spend on jesslyn, then no point talking about it..

Regardless, I can fork out this money, but if I can help the rest to save more than $100, will you still want to take it?

sorry to u, i also duno wat came over me to start all these... i know u mean no harm. but i need to know that your intentions are indeed kind to us....i m saying it for the sake of every houseowner here...sorry but after ah soon incident, we became suspicious and maybe even over suspicious and overworrying n etc... the 'auto protect' function was executed...

pls forgive me... cus under ah soon saga too long... ah soon make us become mean people ...

I'm also very stress while helping out, cos everything do at contractor price, whatever damage or do wrongly will be at my own cost, not to said on the transport, DIY and OT. But still need to maintain a positive thinking, that way life will be more meaningful and happier and remember, GOD is fair.

wanna say sorry to jesslyn!!

i don't mean to say all these... just like if now the money was spend on someone else, u also will feel like me right..

hope u dun misunderstand me! i m not against u or anything...

sorry again...

Yes, I quoted her $200 to dismantle her existing solid surface vanity....cos to ask a hacker to dismantle and disposal this item...how much will it cost?...And yes, any house owner can approach town council to dispose it less contractor. For a hacker to park his lorry per day under the blk to disposal items....he need to pay $75 to the town council (other town councils collect different charges), to disposal items to the designated centre, he need to pay another amount....so what will be the cost like. If I can dismantle it, I also will dismantle it for her, but if the tiles are to be damage, who going to responsible? Although maryjane did loss $2K deposit and 1 month but to me, she is not as serious as u, jesslyn and another hse owner that I know of. She can don't even ask me to do at all if my quotation to her is expensive....7 items to do...

Of course I had already checked with the pricing before I made the comments....Urs is $5psf...jesslyn was $5.5psf for her SIMPLE aluminium windows with no flowers no design for her kitchen and master bedroom window grilles, yours he do it fast fast for you but jesslyn, he fly aeroplane her how many times/days before his workers come and do.

Or maybe you can suggest a fairer way on how to handle this $2670?

for mj case, if u are going to take care or be responsible for broken tiles in the event of dismantling the vanity. fair enuff. u need to factor in the extra cost needed to cover 'in the event of accident'...

for ah seng, i paid him directly -in full. i not ony do my windows, i also do my 2 toilet shower screen n etc.. anyway $5 and $5.50 - how big is the difference to do the kitchen n mbr grilles?

i really not sure why jesslyn was fly so many times aeroplane - mine was not an issue at all... in fact, he also did trevor house without any delay.. there was some fault on the sliding glass door, he also rectify immediately...there must be some reasons for delay for jesslyn side....

for me, to equally divide the money is fair.

suggest all houseowners who is affected, to voice their wishes.. but if the money already spend on jesslyn, then no point talking about it..

sorry to u, i also duno wat came over me to start all these... i know u mean no harm. but i need to know that your intentions are indeed kind to us....i m saying it for the sake of every houseowner here...sorry but after ah soon incident, we became suspicious and maybe even over suspicious and overworrying n etc... the 'auto protect' function was executed...

pls forgive me... cus under ah soon saga too long... ah soon make us become mean people ...

jaskel,

i need to install

2 wc

2 rainshower

1 storage heater

3 basin (2 toilet n 1 kitchen)

2 bidet spray

i was quoted

2 wc - $60each (cheap, normal is $80)

2 rainshower -foc (good cos it will cost $100)

1 storage heater -$60 (cheap, normal will cost u $80, sometimes it depend on how much piping it need to run)

3 basin (2 toilet n 1 kitchen)- $50x3 (normal is $40 per basin)

2 bidet spray -$10 each (since he give u rainshower FOC so he will charge on this, but still standard pricing)

is this price ok? (Its ok)

is this cheap? or u can get cheaper? (This is consider cheap already)

MJ told me u quoted her like $200 to dismantle her existing solid surface vanity. savings? i only know one could dismantle it n get town council to dispose it for her. i told her to save that $200. i can help her to dismantle if i have the time. i did it for my old house, anyway.

u cannot compare my windows quote with jesslyn. mine is aluminium windows whilst jesslyn's one is not. mine is just a SIMPLE aluminium windows-no flowers no design. a simple check u will know my price (ah seng quoted me), outside also can get one. U know it. $5psf.

i only know u used $3000 to help jesslyn. other houseowners?? if u think u r fair, i rest my case. anyway u run the show now. i am a nobody to say anything.

anyway at least u are not like ah soon. u finished jesslyn house and they can now happily move in.

Yes, I quoted her $200 to dismantle her existing solid surface vanity....cos to ask a hacker to dismantle and disposal this item...how much will it cost?...And yes, any house owner can approach town council to dispose it less contractor. For a hacker to park his lorry per day under the blk to disposal items....he need to pay $75 to the town council (other town councils collect different charges), to disposal items to the designated centre, he need to pay another amount....so what will be the cost like. If I can dismantle it, I also will dismantle it for her, but if the tiles are to be damage, who going to responsible? Although maryjane did loss $2K deposit and 1 month but to me, she is not as serious as u, jesslyn and another hse owner that I know of. She can don't even ask me to do at all if my quotation to her is expensive....7 items to do...

Of course I had already checked with the pricing before I made the comments....Urs is $5psf...jesslyn was $5.5psf for her SIMPLE aluminium windows with no flowers no design for her kitchen and master bedroom window grilles, yours he do it fast fast for you but jesslyn, he fly aeroplane her how many times/days before his workers come and do.

Or maybe you can suggest a fairer way on how to handle this $2670?

I don't run the show here....u r one of the sufferers....my heart do goes out for you...and also the rest of the house owner....even AS told me that the house owner from bedok said about me, I also don't care at all....what else can I do....I'm still a human being...I've to follow on what I believe is right and do it up...

U don't need to apologise to me....I can understand how u and you hubby felt....

Edited by jaskel

jaskel,

i need to install

2 wc

2 rainshower

1 storage heater

3 basin (2 toilet n 1 kitchen)

2 bidet spray

i was quoted

2 wc - $60each

2 rainshower -foc

1 storage heater -$60

3 basin (2 toilet n 1 kitchen)- $50x3

2 bidet spray -$10 each

is this price ok?

is this cheap? or u can get cheaper?

If $3K was to split among all the house owners....I think it won't even able to do much...$100 each...what can it be done....maryjane, I'm helping her now...what I able to help will save her more than $100...that the best I can do and same for the rest that had approached me....1 even able to save thousand. Fini...I also try my best to help her as much as I can too.....As for fff, I did rejected cos I'm unable to handle so many cases at the same time, moreover all is I come out my own money first, they see end product then they paid me....Ah Seng also already quoted your hse window and window grilles which is much more cheaper than jesslyn and sorry that I've came too late to know about your granite issues, if not will save you some too.....

Afterall, I'm still need to close the case.....holding onto the money don't belong to me, what can I do....either I return it to AS or spend it at other house owner....if I don't mention anything...I don't think anyone will know that there is this sum of amount. And need to thanks this house owner understanding too cos he can don't come out with the money at all.

MJ told me u quoted her like $200 to dismantle her existing solid surface vanity. i only know one could dismantle it n get town council to dispose it for her. i told her to save that $200. i can help her to dismantle if i have the time. i did it for my old house, anyway.

u cannot compare my windows quote with jesslyn. mine is aluminium windows whilst jesslyn's one is not. mine is just a SIMPLE aluminium windows-no flowers no design. a simple check u will know my price (ah seng quoted me), outside also can get one. U know it. $5psf.

i only know u used $3000 to help jesslyn. other houseowners?? if u think u r fair, i rest my case.

anyway i m stil glad at least u are not like ah soon. u finished jesslyn house and they can now happily move in..

i apologize to u if i have offended u in someways.. cus i also very stress up...

Edited by seashell

sorry i got to say this,

besides myself, trevor n fini, fff, maryjane, and a few others all are suffering under the hands of AS.

i am not saying $3k to spend on jesslyn house is wrong...(sorry jesslyn i am not against u, really)

just that, all of us are in the same boat. who is not suffering??

i just felt that the money spend on ONLY jesslyn house is not too fair. that'S JUST my frank opinion. if my opinion

is wrong, pls correct me...

NOT FAIR

If $3K was to split among all the house owners....I think it won't even able to do much...$100 each...what can it be done....maryjane, I'm helping her now...what I able to help will save her more than $100...that the best I can do and same for the rest that had approached me....1 even able to save thousand. Fini...I also try my best to help her as much as I can too.....As for fff, I did rejected cos I'm unable to handle so many cases at the same time, moreover all that I took over the works is I come out with my own money first....Ah Seng also already quoted your hse window and window grilles which is much more cheaper than jesslyn and sorry that I've came too late to know about your granite issues, if not will save you some too.....

Afterall, I'm still need to close the case.....holding onto the money don't belong to me, what can I do....either I return it to AS or spend it at other house owner....if I don't mention anything...I don't think anyone will know that there is this sum of amount. And need to thanks this house owner for their understanding cos they can don't come out with the money at all.

Fair is very hard to determine at this situation here.....so with this $2.8K left...how to be fair to everyone... :(

Edited by jaskel