Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi jaskel,

I do have some brandnew and used clipsal electrical switches and power point. If you think those owner needs them pm me yr contact nos. I can pass it to you. I guess our fren ah soon has become from hero to zero.

cheers

Oh thanks blackcar...I will ask around which house owner need it, then I get from you and pass to them. Thanks in advance.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
maybe we pay the bangala some money to do work, possible?

so headache now... his bro i heard is still helping some house owners? u got call him...

paying the bangala no problem lah.. he dun mind extra and steady income from owners... i got the number u want?

Words of a maverick. :good: Nice one Trev. I have learnt much, but not as much probably because I wasn't really too far in my renovation process. But still good lessons learnt.

If Mr. Seashell or anyone is heading to Malaysia again, please bring me along. I need some guidance in driving there. Thanks.

I know this is rather out of topic, but rather than focus on all the negativity and pessimism, I have decided to post on what I have learnt and gained from this AH Soon saga :D

1. I have designed my whole house by MYSELF and the concepts are mostly mine.

2. I have learnt to look for many things and the many rulings that a house needs to adhere to.

3. Most invaluable i think, is that I now know roughly how much the services and materials cost, and thus the amount of profit that Ah Soon and other IDs make :D Perhaps even how much the subcons make!

4. I have learnt to be more patient (NOT necessarily for my students) when dealing with people.

5. I have learnt to put myself in others' shoes more often now.

6. I have learnt that while there are many people who are nice, caring and offer sincere advice and help, there are perhaps slightly less or the same number of people who are mean and are happily goading the victims. To mean people: you will get just desserts and bad karma!!!

7. I have learnt how to deal with money and learnt when to make payment.

8. I have made some friends, though there have been some unpleasant experiences, but mostly, it was positive. My most memorable moment was having durian in JB with Mr. Seashell :D

9. I have seen many loopholes in the HDB rulings, how the govt play superb taichi and how the rules all favours the banks!

10. I have also learnt where to get the cheapest deals and best products for my house!

11. Last but not least i ENJOYED the whole renovation process. I know i sound insane (and probably the only one who has thoroughly enjoyed it) but I really do (you can ask my cousin seriously!!!)! I have enjoyed the entire shopping for the same theme but must be functional and reasonably priced household items, equipments, building materials etc.... I have also ENJOYED how I had to start reading many design magazines, websites and visit many interior companies to get ideas for my house.

This is the second house I have renovated, but seriously, it is the MOST enjoyable to date. There was drama, lessons learnt, frens made, money lost, lotsa knowledge gained.

These I would NEVER have gained from simply just employing an ID. I am thankful in a way that I have employed a contractor, cos in the future, I will never engage another ID or contractor. I will simply do ala carte and DIY from now on.

Trev :D

Words of a maverick. :good: Nice one Trev. I have learnt much, but not as much probably because I wasn't really too far in my renovation process. But still good lessons learnt.

*applause* I'm glad you came out of this even better trev!! :) Way to go.

I too enjoyed my process though mine was not as gruelling but like yourself I shall DIY next time. *exciting*

I know this is rather out of topic, but rather than focus on all the negativity and pessimism, I have decided to post on what I have learnt and gained from this AH Soon saga :D

1. I have designed my whole house by MYSELF and the concepts are mostly mine.

2. I have learnt to look for many things and the many rulings that a house needs to adhere to.

3. Most invaluable i think, is that I now know roughly how much the services and materials cost, and thus the amount of profit that Ah Soon and other IDs make :D Perhaps even how much the subcons make!

4. I have learnt to be more patient (NOT necessarily for my students) when dealing with people.

5. I have learnt to put myself in others' shoes more often now.

6. I have learnt that while there are many people who are nice, caring and offer sincere advice and help, there are perhaps slightly less or the same number of people who are mean and are happily goading the victims. To mean people: you will get just desserts and bad karma!!!

7. I have learnt how to deal with money and learnt when to make payment.

8. I have made some friends, though there have been some unpleasant experiences, but mostly, it was positive. My most memorable moment was having durian in JB with Mr. Seashell :D

9. I have seen many loopholes in the HDB rulings, how the govt play superb taichi and how the rules all favours the banks!

10. I have also learnt where to get the cheapest deals and best products for my house!

11. Last but not least i ENJOYED the whole renovation process. I know i sound insane (and probably the only one who has thoroughly enjoyed it) but I really do (you can ask my cousin seriously!!!)! I have enjoyed the entire shopping for the same theme but must be functional and reasonably priced household items, equipments, building materials etc.... I have also ENJOYED how I had to start reading many design magazines, websites and visit many interior companies to get ideas for my house.

This is the second house I have renovated, but seriously, it is the MOST enjoyable to date. There was drama, lessons learnt, frens made, money lost, lotsa knowledge gained.

These I would NEVER have gained from simply just employing an ID. I am thankful in a way that I have employed a contractor, cos in the future, I will never engage another ID or contractor. I will simply do ala carte and DIY from now on.

Trev :D

Edited by trevorcantona2

i am saddened to hear what you all have been through. I hope those affected will strike 4D or toto so that you can engage other contractor to finish the work.

After reading all, I empathise with you all. I cannot offer money but i can offer my hope and prayer, so that all of you will get through this dark moments of your life, and may the future be wonderful and full of good times.

it was a looooong struggle for me and some of the forumers like jesslyn, trevor, fini, matchgirl, fff,.... the door ah ho give n ah soon give is really far apart...like sky n earth...

yes u r rite... small jobs not easy to find especially at this time..u wan to contact the direct tiler .. i told him we have small jobs and i asked him if he can do... he says he can see ... u want then i pm u the number...

ur carpentry is done by who... wall has cracks isit becus u built new wall or u did plastering?

Sigh. Ya I see your blogs I also *heartache*. Even during my process, my parents and I had some tiffs.. so I can imagine how it is for you all... haiz.

My job isn't urgent since it's just the recess and we bought it to put stuff. Also I've managed to talk my dad into letting people during the off-peak months like Ching Ming or 7th month. Meanwhile we'll just fight out the designs and stuff. But I'll have to go to Hafary to get my floor tiles some time this week. I'm afraid the tiles I used will be OOS... urgh.

Wall has cracks because the wall was built. :) So those cracks are superficial cracks around the new border. ;) Carpentry was done by Mr Low.

Edited by pinkpetter

Hi seashell... I'm glad to see things moving at your place. Although you had to pay for it to get moving but at least it is.. and the wood used for carpentry looks good. I showed my dad your picture. :)

As for work not done... I dunno how you consider that. Actually no I guess. Cos I didn't pay him for it yet.

Uncle promised to help me with my recess area after I purchase it. It was ready to be renovated 2 months ago, but Uncle hasn't done anything. I guess that's a blessing in disguise cos I wouldn't want him to start... and leave it halfway. The only problem my mom brought up is that most contractor wouldn't want to renovate such a small place... waste of their workers'... and we'll probably be "chopped" for it. Which was why we tried to "book" uncle early to do it for us, since he did our house too.

Meanwhile.. the laminate in the kitchen has bubbles and my bro's wall has cracks... this happened about a month after our reno last year but my mom told Uncle to do it when the recess was being done. So... for now we're living with those faults. Will probably get the "new" contractor to do it when he does the recess. See how. :) I'm thinking of patching the cracks myself.

it was a looooong struggle for me and some of the forumers like jesslyn, trevor, fini, matchgirl, fff,.... the door ah ho give n ah soon give is really far apart...like sky n earth...

yes u r rite... small jobs not easy to find especially at this time..u wan to contact the direct tiler .. i told him we have small jobs and i asked him if he can do... he says he can see ... u want then i pm u the number...

ur carpentry is done by who... wall has cracks isit becus u built new wall or u did plastering?

Edited by seashell

hi pink

ah soon still owe you work not done? jus curious

Hi seashell... I'm glad to see things moving at your place. Although you had to pay for it to get moving but at least it is.. and the wood used for carpentry looks good. I showed my dad your picture. :)

As for work not done... I dunno how you consider that. Actually no I guess. Cos I didn't pay him for it yet.

Uncle promised to help me with my recess area after I purchase it. It was ready to be renovated 2 months ago, but Uncle hasn't done anything. I guess that's a blessing in disguise cos I wouldn't want him to start... and leave it halfway. The only problem my mom brought up is that most contractor wouldn't want to renovate such a small place... waste of their workers'... and we'll probably be "chopped" for it. Which was why we tried to "book" uncle early to do it for us, since he did our house too.

Meanwhile.. the laminate in the kitchen has bubbles and my bro's wall has cracks... this happened about a month after our reno last year but my mom told Uncle to do it when the recess was being done. So... for now we're living with those faults. Will probably get the "new" contractor to do it when he does the recess. See how. :) I'm thinking of patching the cracks myself.

how u guys clear your own debris..? I also want. But I know we can't just dump the stuff at the lobby right..? Got to get some lorry to fetch all the debris to somewhere right..? Any lobangs..?

SORRY if i misled u... my debris is not that type whereby when the hacking away the old flooring kind of debris.

it is like the finished liquid containers, remains of metal bar for ceiling work, remains of tiles, remains of cement, etc etc...

ah soon actually got a vehicle that does this... but what they did was to put the debris into those bags (originally used to contain cement) and he will ferry away these bags... not too sure he will dump where tou..

it is vvvvv. dusty n not so easy to clear the debris (hacking of old tiles) ! y not u ask contractors to clear for u...? u managed to get ah soon?

Call town council pay money lo.. what else.... anyway, everything is money...

Konajovin,

if its furniture that u wan to discard off, you can call town council to help.

They provide this service of disposal of up to 3 furniture per mth.

... omg. my recess I have to call Hafary... and I only need 10 pieces. Think I'll go personally and pay them myself. Book the tiles first. sigh.

Town council. I think if you call them they have this service. you try your town council.

Call town council pay money lo.. what else.... anyway, everything is money...