Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

besides, now the case is NOT that ah soon is too busy to handle our reno, it is HE HAS NO MONEY.

THE TRUTH IS:

HE HAS TAKEN OUR HARD-EARNED MONEY AND NOT PAYING SUBCONS TO DO OUR WORK

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Why quote a 6mths old post when the problems werent even that bad then?! Wow, you're funny...

You know that there will be delays, even up to 3mths back then... so why can't you expect delays over 4 mths NOW when he has more customers and even money issues?! I'm just saying why blame the ex-customers?! Can you pinpoint which RT user knew Ah Soon has money problems back then and didn't tell you?! You made your decision despite those warnings which was never said to be stopping at just there, so accept the facts. Perhaps he doesn't know how to manage so many customers and thus the money issue got out of hand. So who is it to blame?! Ex-customers who told you that he was doing okay back then, apart from those warnings which they also informed?! Did they take a knife and put it on your neck to hire Ah Soon?! Give me a break and listen to yourself. It is as good as saying that people who donate to NKF and RenCi were intentionally feeding those who used the money inappropriately... Or Albert Einstein shouldn't invent nuclear bomb to stop World War II as now there are always nuclear threats...

HI Merryman

we must have get hold of certain information before we say certain things.. eventually, ah soon case may appear in court. we are working on it.. the truth will be revealed soon... not to complicate things & to invite speculations n etc..., we will reveal it in due course and when the truth comes to light....

everyone mention fly aeroplane, late HO

BUT

no one mention DEBTS

no one mention the workers stop work because ah soon never pay mone,

no one mention ah soon always not at the scence (when there is a delivery) and make the owner pay money

no one mention all these

if they mention, NO ONE WOULD DARE SIGN UP WITH HIM...

Edited by seashell

Char,look back and the earlier blog and u will find that Ah soon used to have lots of supporters!

Even set up facebook account for him!

Now they are all disappear!!!

Human are selfish,when things happen u will see the true colours.

However we are all responsible for our choice of doing things and decision making.

It's unfortunate that this tins happens..Most important is to get another contractor to finish the work

and move on...

Perhaps,jesslyn u can call the WAN BAO hot line to EXPOSE him!!! :furious:

Dear rondy,

I've seen lotsa people disappear from RT, that doesn't mean a thing. Most are gone after their renovation is done with. So it is not fair to bring up the fact that they disappear. No one will be in RT all their life...

I think i have said it rather clearly. we are aware of delays of up to 3 months.

If we had known about his money issues, we would have expected our job not to be done and NOT signed with him at all.

Clearly, none of the blogs in August hinted of his money woes.

MM please do not put my words in my mouth. i DID NOT blame any of the ex-customers.

I have just been explaining to you why most of us did not see Ah Soon going into financial ruin.

We know. We just do not see the need to tell you :rolleyes:

I have already explained to you and I hope that you can accept simple logic and facts.

If you actually read the thread, clearly, that is so NOT the case.

We were told of vague warnings like he will delay, you need to push him, he will fly people aeroplane. No WHERE, absolutely, no where was there any mention of financial problems.

I think it should be the other way round. I hope that you can go read the thread again and get your facts right before giving pointless analogies.

Trevor

1) I didn't say you did blamed them, and my point for both posts were about putting blame on ex-customers which some people did. So, if you don't have a problem, don't quote me on that. Because I never said You did.

2) If you feel that those or that person didn't tell you enough for the financial problems to make a correct information, go ahead and settle it. Otherwise, let's not lump everyone into this issue. I'm sure not every one and single of those who support Ah Soon knew about his financial issues. Either whoever wishes to discuss this, bring it up here or just not write Ex-customers. Stop quoting me on saying that they fail to inform you of their financial problems unless you have proof that every single one of them knew.

3) You yourself brought up the delays passing 3 months and I'm telling you that there had not been promises that it will not be over. Even if ex-customers tell you, why should you believe them fully?! Ultimately, it is your choice... People said the world will end at 2000. Did you sell everything to follow? You made choices yourself.

4) Instead of reading just my posts to you, read what others write before you see why I made my comments that way. Thanks.

Char,look back and the earlier blog and u will find that Ah soon used to have lots of supporters!

Even set up facebook account for him!

Now they are all disappear!!!

Human are selfish,when things happen u will see the true colours.

However we are all responsible for our choice of doing things and decision making.

It's unfortunate that this tins happens..Most important is to get another contractor to finish the work

and move on...

Perhaps,jesslyn u can call the WAN BAO hot line to EXPOSE him!!! :furious:

LOL

no time n feel to do WAN BAO hot line thing liao!

no mush $$$ now,so only do basin n hope can move in to my home end of dec.

even kitchen carpentry work also can't do T_T .

no more dream house liao!

pass 4 mths is my "E Meng",just hope can end soon......>.<

Thank Jaskel helping me take over doing my home.Thank a lot!

Edited by jesslyntan

You know that there will be delays, even up to 3mths back then... so why can't you expect delays over 4 mths NOW when he has more customers and even money issues?! I'm just saying why blame the ex-customers?!

I think i have said it rather clearly. we are aware of delays of up to 3 months.

If we had known about his money issues, we would have expected our job not to be done and NOT signed with him at all.

Clearly, none of the blogs in August hinted of his money woes.

MM please do not put my words in my mouth. i DID NOT blame any of the ex-customers.

I have just been explaining to you why most of us did not see Ah Soon going into financial ruin.

Can you pinpoint which RT user knew Ah Soon has money problems back then and didn't tell you?!

We know. We just do not see the need to tell you :rolleyes:

You made your decision despite those warnings which was never said to be stopping at just there, so accept the facts.

I have already explained to you and I hope that you can accept simple logic and facts.

Perhaps he doesn't know how to manage so many customers and thus the money issue got out of hand. So who is it to blame?!

If you actually read the thread, clearly, that is so NOT the case.

Ex-customers who told you that he was doing okay back then, apart from those warnings which they also informed?! Did they take a knife and put it on your neck to hire Ah Soon?!

We were told of vague warnings like he will delay, you need to push him, he will fly people aeroplane. No WHERE, absolutely, no where was there any mention of financial problems.

Give me a break and listen to yourself. It is as good as saying that people who donate to NKF and RenCi were intentionally feeding those who used the money inappropriately... Or Albert Einstein shouldn't invent nuclear bomb to stop World War II as now there are always nuclear threats...

I think it should be the other way round. I hope that you can go read the thread again and get your facts right before giving pointless analogies.

Trevor

hi jess, seashell, fini

how are things getting on for you all? Any progress/good news from the new subcon you have seek out?

Hasnt come in for days, and things seems to have turn for a worse.

hi chareme , ty 4 concern, ah soon is very irresponsible!!!, he's supposed to conduct Water-proofg test for my place ( as agreed upon b4, & during signing reno quotation, & requested/ reminded time soo many times) and he did last saturday ( close to 3mths aft reno sttarted, 3 wks aft tiling wks more or less completed) but he flooded my mbr rm parquet flr( jus varnished 2days ago on thur) as he was negligent- didnt watch the water level , jus callouslly let the water run, when filling up the mbr bathrm with water 4 testing,

Gosh, i think i would have strangle him on the spot!! Can feel the pain and anger...

im really speechless, duno must pity him or pity us.....

pity him for what...

he say he BROKE... no $$.. but i think he is the richest... Im not trying to add fuel to the fire

but just think about it. He collect 10-20k from each project in advance, and for 15-20 house, how much that be in total.

Best is, he didnt pay the workers and also the supplier...

Then where did all the $$ gone to?? you all have paid good $$ for reno, and if he didnt use it for that purpose..

whatever 1001 reason he could come up with will be pure crap... it just cannot justify all the wrongs he have did to the owner and the workers.

Owners need a house to move in... the workers need the $$ for CNY....

HI PIGGY ME STARTED IN 1ST JULY AND HE ALREADY COLLECTED 110% FROM ME. fact is, he is in MIA (AVOIDING US), in a way, he wun run away, but he also won't complete our house..JUST KEEP ON DELAYING... he SAID THAT TO ME... HE SAID EVEN IF I SEE HIM ON THE ROAD, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO HIM BECAUSE HE DIDN'T RUN AWAY, HE CAN'T COMPLETE OUR HOUSE, NEED TO DELAY ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He really hor... mei liang xin to say this kind of things...

got the cheek to even say it out

Approved or not not an issue,didnt u read horrific true stories about his legacy? Haizz u better search for another contractor bro less its will the worst decision u made in your life to engage 'Ah Soon'.... :bangwall:

Why quote a 6mths old post when the problems werent even that bad then?! Wow, you're funny...

I have mentioned it several times on this thread.

The warnings are as follows:

1. Uncle will drag for a couple or 3 months.

2. He like NJD for 1/2/3 weeks sometimes.

3. He likes to HO late and dun really follow through on some promises.

But in reality when we signed, uncle dragged our reno for more than 4 months. Took our money to do others' houses and have serious $$ issues.

THESE were NOT forewarned. Therefore, the warnings were NOT on the wall at ALL!!!

You know that there will be delays, even up to 3mths back then... so why can't you expect delays over 4 mths NOW when he has more customers and even money issues?! I'm just saying why blame the ex-customers?! Can you pinpoint which RT user knew Ah Soon has money problems back then and didn't tell you?! You made your decision despite those warnings which was never said to be stopping at just there, so accept the facts. Perhaps he doesn't know how to manage so many customers and thus the money issue got out of hand. So who is it to blame?! Ex-customers who told you that he was doing okay back then, apart from those warnings which they also informed?! Did they take a knife and put it on your neck to hire Ah Soon?! Give me a break and listen to yourself. It is as good as saying that people who donate to NKF and RenCi were intentionally feeding those who used the money inappropriately... Or Albert Einstein shouldn't invent nuclear bomb to stop World War II as now there are always nuclear threats...

Edited by merryman

ya... hai~~ think ah soon really run away liao... :( but no matter wat we still have to move on, looking for other contractor to finish up wat is undone.... that is life, we muz b strong... :)

Yours is not so serious, just need 1 day can arrange for all the required person to do up the rest of your reno.

Hi Piggybear, so serious ar??? Ah soon never dare to answer any calls... even his workers called him up also useless... he only answer calls from ah dai? His bro...

And ah dai have been covering ah soon, always give lame reasons, i ownself already so busy, why i care about ah soon.. while he is a nuts, know nothing except clearing rubbish... come on lah, if he cannot contact ah soon, how come he can go to every owner house and clear rubbish? He also take instruction and money from ah soon mah...

ya... hai~~ think ah soon really run away liao... :( but no matter wat we still have to move on, looking for other contractor to finish up wat is undone.... that is life, we muz b strong... :)

Edited by PiggyBear

ah soon engaged the contractor. not you. agreement is between them. ask them go to ah soon for money. if cannot find, ask them report police.

in the meanwhile i think someone gotta take some major action. isnt it a case of cheating and fraud already?

Hi PiggyBear,

This matter is getting out of hand. I would strongly advise you to lodge a case with the nearby neighbourhood police for this incident. This will protect your interest in the event of absurd and ugly actions taken by the carpentary company.

Meanwhile, you should contact the carpentary company in-charge and seek clarification on the issues; reason out with them and propose them to seek recourse with Uncle Soon instead.

Last but not least, you better replaced all existing locks to prevent any unauthorized entry to your living premise. Also, please refrain from engaging direct confrontation with the sub-contractors. Take care.

we already lock ur main door & gate, take away the num lock. the carpentary company in charge is the person that said wanna tear down the carpenter work... But in the mean time we will see hw first...  :(

Does he have access to ur hse?beta change ur lock.tell him directly tat it's ah soon who hire his service and u have already paid him!did u hv receipt?show him.wan 2tear,ask him go tear tat ah soon hse!u will nt hesitate to call in e police if he try to be funi!

Hi, ya the carpenter have my num lock pass. Ytd we did meet up wif jesslyn & her hubby & 2 other guys. We had aleady lock our main door & gate. Really need to thks them for coming down :) 

I already move on...and my 8ksgd deposit to ah soon has vaporized to nothing since my jobs have not done for more than 3 months....I haf been low profile, scrimping here and there just to benefit Ah soon...

Anyway, I have move forward and carry on with my reno with other contractor. Personally, I find seashell attempt to gather ppl together to do reno together is seriously flaw and silly. Its better one who go for their own ousttanding job....dun wanna get into some argument in the end....then ended up as enemies....no hard feeling...but i find we all shld be responsible for our mistakes in believing Ah soon....

Evil aside....i hope those things done by ah soon and ah supporters will get karma....period.

???

seashell's tryin to help , her attempt to gather ppl together to do reno together is not seriously flaw and silly at all

she has passed me several contacts & i directly negotiate with them ---no hiccups--- nothing but lower prices, better quality stuff

ty seashell

curious man..non-stakeholder

pls kindly do not come around & soo kindly ask me to take a breather, to calm down-- not soo subtly implying i'm irrational & ohh soo easily agitated..

when i'm jus posing questions here jus like u

difference is - [b]I'm a stakeholder, a house-owner whose reno AhSOon has botched-up

while u are merely a curious man, a non- stakeholder in this ahSoon saga who keeps probing for info, details ...all the while trying to get afflicted hse-owners not to post more info & updates

so why are you so curious???? even on sunday? pray tell

I think yowetan only want to make sure whatever posted here does not mislead other newbies or forumers.

ah soon merrily takes our $$$

but ah soon never renovate our houses ' properly' as per reno quotation & as agreed upon !!

ah soon's ALSO not paying the sub cons renovating our hses !

-hse owners live in constant fear of disgruntled sub-cons wrecking our hses!!! & have to pay -off these subcons!!

even with all the deposit &progress pymts made, hes not completing renotasks asap but jus callously dragging, delaying everything at snail's pace !

ah soon still has the audacity to ask for more money! for & botched-up work! NJDS! delays!!!!

worse of all, ah soon's messing up so many reno tasks!!!

--painting with no sealer/ inferior paint -- seashell's !---paint's already peeling off b4 move in !

--questionable water-proofing for wet areas with no proper waterproofing test---me! -- if leakage occurs later then mus spend more $$, time to hack & re-tile! endless unease & frustration!

--no drop- down kerbs 4 shower area, - me!

--no protection /corrugated cardboard laid over up floor areas---- me ! newly tiled up floors all scratched!!!!

no protection /corrugated cardboard laid over existing & new varnished parquet-me ! -- scratches, plaster &cement all over!!!

--flooding parquet flr & still nonchalant-- did not take any remedial action to save e parquet or at e very least minimize e damage to e parquet ! -- scratches &possibly water-logged parquet that more likely than not will 'pop' out!!! as no mop- dry!!! no blower-fans deployed!!! ETC

whether ah soon's reno misdeeds are deliberate or honest mistakes doesn't make any difference....

I as the hse-owner has to bear all the consequences!!!!

$$$$!!! Time!! ! Inconvenience!!! Distress!!!

Ah soon doesn't care!!!! hes nothing but easy unconcern & indifference!!!

ah soon hardly ever appears at reno- sites, usually MIA,

he can only be bothered when its abt time to collect e next pymt for goodness dunno wht work completed / wreckage inflicted!!

then hes contactable!! available!!!

this is the truth!!!

not cry mother cry father!

not badmouthing, not slandering, not personal attacks!

dear renotalk administrators, this is the truth !!! pls kindly do not delete my post, ty

Edited by fini