Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rrjan

Re: Choosing Of Paint Colours For My Home

http://my.imageshack.us/v_images.php

I've wish to repaint my hall , but I'm undecided as to which paint selection is the most suitable for my hall. We are currently using ICI Pentalite (one of the Natural Whites shade , for the hall, can't remember which shade though). After having lived with this paint coour for 12 yrs, we want to have a different and bolder shade for our hall, without making it look too dark and cramped. We would like a somewhat earthly look thats cosy and without compromising on the spacious feel.

As we have never done a feature wall in our home before, could you kindly recommend whether this feature wall should be the full panel stretching from my main door all the way right up to my bar counter, or just the stretch behind the sofa set, or perhaps the wall behind my prayer alter?

We would also be greatful if you could also help us with the colour selection for our bedroom doors and main door. The doors colour would be a colour that goes well with the hall colours

Our hall is made up of a custom made glass partition for the study room , TV console and Bar Counter (All in cherry wood).

As for the rooms, we've tentatively chosen Latte (Dulux All), Guest Room (still undecided), My son's room Melon - Dulux All). Should we paint all the walls in one colour tone or should we have a natural white shade on 2 walls and the contrasting bright tone on just one wall??

Any comments or recommendations are kindly appreciated.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
u've got any theme in mind? i personally find it easier to plan with a theme in mind. :)

Hi aubrey, no particular theme, as this is our first time repainting our house since we purchased it 12 years ago. The previous time, we used all the Natural Whites Shade from ICI Pentalite (Bluebell Classic, Orchid White, Lily White, Apple White).

This time round, we were thinking of having bolder shades of colours for the rooms, and for the living roomwe hope to adopt more neutral or earthy tones, with perhaps a feature wall behind our sofa set.

Would greatly appreciate any kind recommendations as Uncle Soon will be collecting my paint code to purchase the paint tomorrow. Will be starting painting on Wednesday (if Uncle Soon never fly my aeroplane!!)

I take it as you wish to revamp yr hall.

May I suggest you take into consideration of the colour and make of yr current anf future furnitures and electronics items? And of cse the 'mood' you wish to set fo yr hall. I believe yr hall will be the 1st things your guest observe when they 1st step inside yr house. These will affect yr hall colour selection.

I.E. U have a thing for bali style of furniture and mood. You can't possibly choose blood red and shocky pink, right? A dark cream colour, off-white or lime green will be great. Modern settings? Retro settings? Lots of different tastes.

Hope this helps you. It takes a lot of effort to do painting. Don't waste it. Invest in yr thoughts 1st.