Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vinmiche

Main Contractor To Install Lights Or The Lighting People To Install?

Will be getting the PLC lights myself to save cost since the contractor will mark up if I leave everything to them, and also I can choose the designs I like. So the question now is - "Should I buy and then let my contractor install them OR should I get the lighting people to deliver and install at the same time??"

Also I'm getting some ceiling lights and hanging lights from different places. So should I get the different lighting people to install their own lights or just leave everything to my contractor?

My contractor quoted me $12 to install per light... is that expensive? Dunno how much the lighting people will charge. Other than cost, will it be easier if the contractor does it since they will be the ones cutting the holes in the false ceiling and setting up the new lighting points?

Any advice is appreciated. Thks!!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Will be getting the PLC lights myself to save cost since the contractor will mark up if I leave everything to them, and also I can choose the designs I like. So the question now is - "Should I buy and then let my contractor install them OR should I get the lighting people to deliver and install at the same time??"

Also I'm getting some ceiling lights and hanging lights from different places. So should I get the different lighting people to install their own lights or just leave everything to my contractor?

My contractor quoted me $12 to install per light... is that expensive? Dunno how much the lighting people will charge. Other than cost, will it be easier if the contractor does it since they will be the ones cutting the holes in the false ceiling and setting up the new lighting points?

Any advice is appreciated. Thks!!!

Hi,

My id quoted me $10 to install per lighting, n its adviseable to hv yr contractor to install yr lighting...if the lighting people cut wrongly n i dun think they will responsible the wrong cutting ya... :yamseng:

Hi,

My id quoted me $10 to install per lighting, n its adviseable to hv yr contractor to install yr lighting...if the lighting people cut wrongly n i dun think they will responsible the wrong cutting ya... :yamseng:

market rate is ard $35 for 1st light and $8 for remaining Additional $2 for every light dismantle.

My Electrician charge me $10 per light (including dismantle)

If the lighting shop got this service better engauge their Electrician . Mine don't have. So bo bian .

Get the lighting shop people to install for you. Much Cheaper and responsible for the lighting you bought.

If your contractor spoil the lighting, end up you may have to pay for new lighting and dismantle charges.

My ID quote me $45 for the light point and installation. The price is mainly just for the light point. For those that have existing light point, they will just install the light for me without extra cost. I will let my ID handles everything as he knows exactly which light to be installed where, and the distance between one and another (for the PLC). Also, he can test the wiring work after installation, to see whether individual switch control the correct pair of PLC, cove light, etc.