Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

BunBun, sometimes men are even harder to please :notti: My bf spotted a black dirt on the glass door of disk tray. As it was being laminated underneath, no way can Ah Keong remove it. He wanted Ho Bee to change the whole piece (glass door) though I felt that it was still acceptable. I feel so bad for Patrick :P

Yes, Patrick is always friendly and everything no problem :D BTW, I have changed my main door colour to a pinkish orange upon Patrick's comment. He said my choice of light brown wouldn't turn out nice :bangwall: His painter did the painting last weekend on my doors and door frames, the result was great, love that pinkish orange colour :)

yokine9a,

juz wondering whether patrick will advise u on the design of feature wall, tv console, colour scheme , etc?

or he juz follow your design?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hmm, I don't have feature wall and tv console leh :dunno: I have ordered a small solid wood tv stand from IKEA, even b4 my renovation started. My bf loves solid wood lah. Anyway, I feel that if your idea is not feasible, he will suggest something else to you. After renovating so many units, I am sure he is experienced to know what will work and what will not.

As for colour scheme, he will give you advice if he feels that what you have chosen will look awful. However, he will try not to interfere cos taste of colour is very personal. He keeps telling me that he never like to advise owners on what colour to choose. But if the result turns out not what you want, he will get his painter to redo the work for you.

yokine9a,

juz wondering whether patrick will advise u on the design of feature wall, tv console, colour scheme , etc?

or he juz follow your design?

he will not advise you on the above. you have to tell him what you want.

2q0n2h3.jpg

1in8es.jpg

e17wbb.jpg

11i385i.jpg

jgi4pz.jpg

xlz674.jpg

Edited by flyersummer

sleeping91, it will be good if you can obtain some pics (be it magazines or printed photos) and show to Patrick what you want to achieve. A pic can tell a thousand words mah :good:

Hi,

I have just received the quote from Ho Bee and I was WOW!........

His price is very reasonable and everything looks ok to me. From reading the forum about his workmanship and details, may be considering Ho Bee too. But how is the present electrician now? Heard a few bad comments about the past ones.

All help and contributions will be greatly appreciated.

The bad guy has left Ho Bee. The 2 current young guys are pretty ok. Cannot find fault about them except, I personally think that they are a little bit square head :dunno:

My kitchen has 2 lighting points and it is not of equal width due to some area being eaten up by the rubbish chute. What they did was to calculate the centre spot based on the width of each section and install the lighting points. So when you stand at the entrance of the kitchen, you can see that both lighting points are not in a straight line with each other. Although not swee swee liao, but still ok to me as it is not very obvious.

When I sounded my unhappiness to Patrick, he explained the reason for them to do that and said if I was still not happy, they would re-align them. I did not change their location eventually.

Other than this, they are quite ok in a way that they did some mathematical calculation before they install lighting points, so as to make sure they are in the central location. I saw their equations on my ceiling wall before the painting work :notti:

The bad guy has left Ho Bee. The 2 current young guys are pretty ok. Cannot find fault about them except, I personally think that they are a little bit square head :notti:

My kitchen has 2 lighting points and it is not of equal width due to some area being eaten up by the rubbish chute. What they did was to calculate the centre spot based on the width of each section and install the lighting points. So when you stand at the entrance of the kitchen, you can see that both lighting points are not in a straight line with each other. Although not swee swee liao, but still ok to me as it is not very obvious.

When I sounded my unhappiness to Patrick, he explained the reason for them to do that and said if I was still not happy, they would re-align them. I did not change their location eventually.

Other than this, they are quite ok in a way that they did some mathematical calculation before they install lighting points, so as to make sure they are in the central location. I saw their equations on my ceiling wall before the painting work :lol:

haha.... at least they are scientific.. probably inexperienced, & just follow the books. :dunno:

Hi,

I have just received the quote from Ho Bee and I was WOW!........

His price is very reasonable and everything looks ok to me. From reading the forum about his workmanship and details, may be considering Ho Bee too. But how is the present electrician now? Heard a few bad comments about the past ones.

All help and contributions will be greatly appreciated.

for patrick & ah keong, you dont have to worry about quality and service, a friend's house is presently doing up by them, he is creative director of a reputable tv production company, very busy and seldom has time to see the reno progress, many times, he just speak to partrick over the phone, and the end product is more than what he expected. he is very very pleased with their workmanship and initiative, told me there are something, patrick even personally did for him.

as for my own experience, he offered his help when i was having some reno problems! very helpful.

anyway, my mum's house was done up by them. the end product is very satisfactory and workmanship is truly good! and nice! :dancingqueen:

its truly not easy to get a good contractor around... i would say... after my bad experience. :P

my blog http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...blogid=209&

Edited by vermilion

haha.... at least they are scientific.. probably inexperienced, & just follow the books. :dancingqueen:

logically having the lights right in the middle of the ceiling ensures that areas are evenly lit and there's no dark corners in a room

though no aesthetically pleasing, it's better this way coz kitchen can be considered a work area so sufficient light is important :notti:

Hi Flysummer,

May i know where did you get this light from? :bangwall:

11i385i.jpg

Thanks alot

:sport-smiley-004:

i have this light in my guest room, got it from bangkok, without bulb and cable is like 250baht. with everthing is 350baht, this was in 2006 though...

for patrick & ah keong, you dont have to worry about quality and service, a friend's house is presently doing up by them, he is creative director of a reputable tv production company, very busy and seldom has time to see the reno progress, many times, he just speak to partrick over the phone, and the end product is more than what he expected. he is very very pleased with their workmanship and initiative, told me there are something, patrick even personally did for him.

as for my own experience, he offered his help when i was having some reno problems! very helpful.

anyway, my mum's house was done up by them. the end product is very satisfactory and workmanship is truly good! and nice! :dunno:

its truly not easy to get a good contractor around... i would say... after my bad experience. :(

my blog http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?au...blogid=209&

it's hard to say about his electrician though.. keep my finger cross. I will elaborate more once he have finished with my house electrical work. :dunno:

My house electrical work has finished, find the 2 electricians quite ok. But one thing I cannot understand is, all the lighting points they installed for my flat are not in the same location as the old ones. I did not ask for more points, I told Patrick to do rewiring and follow existing lighting points.

Does it mean that all the old points are not centralised? Or they could not mount the lighting socket on existing holes cos these holes were already damaged due to rewiring? I am quite satisfied with most of the so-called new point locations except the one in my bathroom. I noticed that it is not centralised and a bit toward the windows side. Anyway, it is not a major problem to me, so I did not tell Patrick to relocate it.

But I did tell Patrick last weekend that his worker did not install my basin in the centre of the wall. The wall for my basin is a very narrow wall, so I could only buy a kid size basin :bangwall: After he took out his measuring tape and measured the diff between left-hand-side and right-hand-side of the gap outside the basin, he kept quiet. Again, still ok for me lah :yamseng:

But I did tell Patrick last weekend that his worker did not install my basin in the centre of the wall. The wall for my basin is a very narrow wall, so I could only buy a kid size basin :bangwall: After he took out his measuring tape and measured the diff between left-hand-side and right-hand-side of the gap outside the basin, he kept quiet. Again, still ok for me lah :yamseng:

on a few occasions , when he kept QUIET on such things - i only know the next time i come back to the house - it's already rectified.