Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all... I always find Ho Bee very slow in responding.. They gave me a quotation after a reminder (took few days later), replied them through email and wanna make some changes, they kinda bochap till I called them again (took another few days)... then asked them some questions and they only replied few days later after I called and reminded them again, then Mrs Quek said Ah Keong need to view my house again to see how long they need... asked me to call Ah Keong personally to set a date... Called Ah Keong this morning.. sounded bochap as usual n said will call me back in the evening.. I know for sure he'll not call me.. and I am right.... I need to call Mrs Quek tomorrow morning to remind her again...

I am wondering if you guys face this kind of difficulties too? It has been dragging me for 2 weeks already and nothing is confirm yet... I am juz doing a very minor carpentry work on my current home.... maybe they are not keen to do it cos it is too simple work and they can't earn much for them... :yamseng:

Do you guys have any other reliable carpenters to intro me? Do PM me.. Thanks a lot!!

They arre famous with lots of customers on hand.

And they might miss your call or too busy to call you back.

Do try again or move on.

Hey, I got their quote in less than 1 week!

Was also under my shortlisted id too!

Hi all... I always find Ho Bee very slow in responding.. They gave me a quotation after a reminder (took few days later), replied them through email and wanna make some changes, they kinda bochap till I called them again (took another few days)... then asked them some questions and they only replied few days later after I called and reminded them again, then Mrs Quek said Ah Keong need to view my house again to see how long they need... asked me to call Ah Keong personally to set a date... Called Ah Keong this morning.. sounded bochap as usual n said will call me back in the evening.. I know for sure he'll not call me.. and I am right.... I need to call Mrs Quek tomorrow morning to remind her again...

I am wondering if you guys face this kind of difficulties too? It has been dragging me for 2 weeks already and nothing is confirm yet... I am juz doing a very minor carpentry work on my current home.... maybe they are not keen to do it cos it is too simple work and they can't earn much for them... :notti:

Do you guys have any other reliable carpenters to intro me? Do PM me.. Thanks a lot!!

Not bochap lah, just very busy with many current customers. I think their load has started to reach the peak again, so response time might be delayed.

I don't think it is due to the minor work in your place. Patrick and Ah Keong are very nice guys, if they are too busy to take your job, they will tell you so. You just need to take the initiative to ring Ah Keong and remind him, cos he might have several jobs on hand to handle. He speaks Mandarin and Cantonese very well, whilst his English is very weak :notti:

Wow... Mrs Quek called me up about 10min ago and she asked if I manage to set the date and time with Ah Keong, then I told her no and he didn't even wanna call me back... then she settled for me immediately... confirmed the date n time for me to meet up with Ah Keong tomorrow... Hopefully they can do the minor stuff for me soon... it's something that cost me max $1k... I will be grateful if they are willing to do for me...

can i check with you guys what is the payment mode of Ho bee like after confirmation?

will patrick throw in freebies? if he doesnt give alot of discounts?

Upon confirmation, he will start work immediately. He did not ask for a deposit from me. First payment will be say a week or 2 later. 2nd payment will be sometime towards the end of the reno work. He hasn't asked me for the last cheque yet, so not sure if it will be after the handover.

Freebies? Yes, provided it is cheap :yamseng:

A lot of discounts? No lah, how to make $$ if he gives you a lot of discounts. If he can give you discounts, that means he has to mark up his quote till very high, then pretend a bit by giving you discounts, just to make you happy lah :dunno:

His quote is pretty reasonable though not the cheapest, no hidden cost in his quote.

Upon confirmation, he will start work immediately. He did not ask for a deposit from me. First payment will be say a week or 2 later. 2nd payment will be sometime towards the end of the reno work. He hasn't asked me for the last cheque yet, so not sure if it will be after the handover.

Freebies? Yes, provided it is cheap 8|

A lot of discounts? No lah, how to make $$ if he gives you a lot of discounts. If he can give you discounts, that means he has to mark up his quote till very high, then pretend a bit by giving you discounts, just to make you happy lah :D

His quote is pretty reasonable though not the cheapest, no hidden cost in his quote.

Hi Yokine9a,

Does Patrick do plan drawings (not those super nice 3 dimension ones ah) zz for the kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, display cabinet, feature walls, etc. ? Or he only explain to you in words for you to imagine it out?

Thanks.

:bath:

Edited by Dracula

Freebies? Yes, provided it is cheap :bath:

A lot of discounts? No lah, how to make $$ if he gives you a lot of discounts. If he can give you discounts, that means he has to mark up his quote till very high, then pretend a bit by giving you discounts, just to make you happy lah :D

hee.. how much is considered cheap? u got some example can hint hint? 8|

so it is split into 3 payment? wat is the percentage of the payment at each stage? so that means after most of the reno stuff completed, painting flooring, carpentry and electrical works almost complete then pay 2nd payment and upon handover then last payment?

Does Patrick do plan drawings (not those super nice 3 dimension ones ah) for the kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, display cabinet, feature walls, etc. ? Or he only explain to you in words for you to imagine it out?

For anything that involves carpentry work, yes, his carpenter Ah Keong will hand draw 3D diagrams for you. His drawing skill is excellent, as good as Autocad :dribble:

For those not involving carpentry work, I have not been given any drawings. This is going to be the dangerous part, cos what you expect might not turn out to be what you want when finished. So if you are very particular abt every tiny things, then be specific when telling him what you want. Else Patrick will make the decision on your behalf. I still cannot forget he gave me a very or-biang look aluminium glass door handles 8|

hee.. how much is considered cheap? u got some example can hint hint? :unsure:

so it is split into 3 payment? wat is the percentage of the payment at each stage? so that means after most of the reno stuff completed, painting flooring, carpentry and electrical works almost complete then pay 2nd payment and upon handover then last payment?

Anything < $1 is considered cheap, reasonable? But cannot be too many $1 items lah, else they will become $1000 liao. One example is, I asked him to hang my bathroom mirror set and a picture in the living hall, he gave me free screws :notti:

First payment is about 20% of your quote, 2nd one will be around 50%, last payment will be the remaining 30% liao.

For my case, yes, that is the payment progress. But might not apply to everyone cos if he senses that you are those who might run away without paying, he might ask you to pay all in one shot :dancingqueen:

Hi,

Can i just check, if after signing with Patrick, then I need to reduce some items due to loan or budget contraint (reno haven't started yet), do you think Patrick would mind?

Hi,

Can i just check, if after signing with Patrick, then I need to reduce some items due to loan or budget contraint (reno haven't started yet), do you think Patrick would mind?

He won't mind. Initially we wanted to put window grilles to the whole house but after that we dropped the idea cos we dun have kids yet. We told him and he is ok with it and removed it from the quotation.

He won't mind. Initially we wanted to put window grilles to the whole house but after that we dropped the idea cos we dun have kids yet. We told him and he is ok with it and removed it from the quotation.

Thanks Buibui! I was a bit worried 'cos in 1st place i wanted him to hack and change my floor tiles. But then we're not confident that we could get enough reno loan. We thought of outsourcing our floor to be laminated cos they offer 0%-interest installment ...but dunno how Patrick would feel, since he's been quite nice to us..sigh..dilemma :notti: