Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
worldangel

Love Nest In Woodlands (admiralty)

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Base on what u say I reali need to know where I need to put my lighting .If I dont reali know can I like ask him to propose abit. So everytime like the lighting or sink all that comes I will need to be there to receive do I need to corodinate the time where by what should come in at what time?

By the way did u do alot of carpentary work also did you hack up your whole place and retile it sorry ah so many ques. Actually I have just email him for code usually how many days will he take to reply. Thanks alot for the info u been reali helpful to tell me all this wonder if I can cope if I enage a contracter as hubby will be busy with work so he doesnt reali have the time to corodinate all this . Also usually if we enage ID they will intro u which shop to go for all the sink and basin and toliet bowl lighting those kind of things they will tell u where to go right just incase after we buy cannot fit into or got any problem the ID can get them to change if we buy ourself got any problem will contracter help me. Sorry so many que. Thanks once again

Hehe you like me like that keep saying sorry de haha. Dun need to feel sorry or paiseh lah. We are a bunch of friendly peeps over here and are more than willing to help out by sharing our experiences. Even if there is something which one of us don't know, others will help answer too. :)

Feel free to approach your contractor or ID if you have any question regarding placement of lightings, they are engaged by you and have enough experience to assist in planning out the lighting points. Another person who is ideal is the place where you buy your lights from, those lighting specialty shops. Just bring your floorplan along, and if you have pictures of your pre-renovated house, you can bring them along too. It will help a lot in accessing whether the lights are sufficient to brighten up the place.

Hmm for carpentry I asked Patrick (my contractor) to do up my kitchen cabinet, altar, wall-shelf (vanity table) and kitchen decor boxes. The rest I get from IKEA. As for tiles I retile both my toilets (MBR and common toilet) and kitchen. Study room and MBR I use floor laminates. Rest of the house floor tiles I keep.

Yep, usually IDs and some contractors will bring their clients to shops to get fixtures and stuff. You can, however choose to get the fixtures from the shops you like, need not neccessary get from the shops they recommend. Usually prior to purchase it will be good to take a look at your pre-renovated place, take a ruler and start measuring. Ask your contractor or ID what is the maximum allowed space for a fixture to be placed at a location, for example: bathtubs come in 1500mm standard length, a toilet with a 1.6m width might not be able to fit it in due to the decreased width after the wall tiles set in. Your contractor will be able to advise you on all these. Another good thing to do is to ask the shop which you buy the fittings/fixtures from whether they will accept returned goods in exchange for another one with a different size. I believe that quite a number of shops do practice this.

As for coordinating of deliveries, you can discuss with your ID/contractor to see whether he can help you while you are away from the renovated place. If not it will be good to take 1day off, and arrange all deliveries to come on that day. Usually it will be better if the owner is there lah imo, as should there be any problems you can ask them right away and usually they will provide a solution there and then. Really help to keep the renovation on schedule and lessen the amount of reworks and ill-feelings.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Yep it is a SFF using (Nehalem)i7 lolx. I also dunno sia.... but with a system like that... next time play PC games.... can enjoy on a 42" LCD mah haha. Imagine PC MMOs, games like Sims3, Spore, racing games on the big screen. XD~

wah power leh but i only thinking of getting a asus eeebox for video streaming and web surfing for my living room

like it small and compact so that it will not look too out of place at my living area hahahahaha :D

i am also looking for those which are friendly for the pocket Wii. :)

got any lobang let me know hor :P

thanks

eh bro have not got one myself so cant tell you where's the lobang leh

anyway do take note that if the person tell you that the "friendly" version can basically play any games in any regions, dun listen to his BS. It's not true :)

wah power leh but i only thinking of getting a asus eeebox for video streaming and web surfing for my living room

like it small and compact so that it will not look too out of place at my living area hahahahaha :D

i recycle my old pc parts to this (without the acrylic) DSC_5082.jpg...

connecting the plasma tv thru hdmi... courtesy from VR zone...

Edited by momo13

eh bro have not got one myself so cant tell you where's the lobang leh

anyway do take note that if the person tell you that the "friendly" version can basically play any games in any regions, dun listen to his BS. It's not true :)

i want to play friendly games only... those from across the straits.. wahaha

i recycle my old pc parts to this (without the acrylic) DSC_5082.jpg...

connecting the plasma tv thru hdmi... courtesy from VR zone...

Wah bro the box looks cool but since i now only got two PCs at home which i will be putting it in my study room, i would like to get a new box for my living area.

Moreover the eeebox is not ex less than $500 nia so i think it's good enough for streaming and online liao :D

i want to play friendly games only... those from across the straits.. wahaha

Eh bro friendly version can go download no need to buy de hahaha :P

tired tired tired!

Finally finished unpacking all my boxes but I have things lying here and there...

Tomolo will need to start work again...really no mood haiz...

tired tired tired!

Finally finished unpacking all my boxes but I have things lying here and there...

aiya its like that de lah

ask your hubby to unpack for you lor hehehehehe :P

Wah bro the box looks cool but since i now only got two PCs at home which i will be putting it in my study room, i would like to get a new box for my living area.

Moreover the eeebox is not ex less than $500 nia so i think it's good enough for streaming and online liao :D

Eh bro friendly version can go download no need to buy de hahaha :P

ya lor.. eeebox is slim while this is more toward a shoe box type..

oh didnt know friendly one can download.. wahaha.. cos ps3 games are really :bangwall:

ya lor.. eeebox is slim while this is more toward a shoe box type..

oh didnt know friendly one can download.. wahaha.. cos ps3 games are really :bangwall:

unfortunately PS3 no "friendly" version de and i always like to buy games play 30 mins sian liao the game will be there for eternity leh so hor i'm worried abt getting games for PS3 in future leh :(

tired tired tired!

I took 2 days leave when I move in that time .... to unpack and enjoy the house... haha

Edited by Supersimon27

Hehe you like me like that keep saying sorry de haha. Dun need to feel sorry or paiseh lah. We are a bunch of friendly peeps over here and are more than willing to help out by sharing our experiences. Even if there is something which one of us don't know, others will help answer too. :)

Feel free to approach your contractor or ID if you have any question regarding placement of lightings, they are engaged by you and have enough experience to assist in planning out the lighting points. Another person who is ideal is the place where you buy your lights from, those lighting specialty shops. Just bring your floorplan along, and if you have pictures of your pre-renovated house, you can bring them along too. It will help a lot in accessing whether the lights are sufficient to brighten up the place.

Hmm for carpentry I asked Patrick (my contractor) to do up my kitchen cabinet, altar, wall-shelf (vanity table) and kitchen decor boxes. The rest I get from IKEA. As for tiles I retile both my toilets (MBR and common toilet) and kitchen. Study room and MBR I use floor laminates. Rest of the house floor tiles I keep.

Yep, usually IDs and some contractors will bring their clients to shops to get fixtures and stuff. You can, however choose to get the fixtures from the shops you like, need not neccessary get from the shops they recommend. Usually prior to purchase it will be good to take a look at your pre-renovated place, take a ruler and start measuring. Ask your contractor or ID what is the maximum allowed space for a fixture to be placed at a location, for example: bathtubs come in 1500mm standard length, a toilet with a 1.6m width might not be able to fit it in due to the decreased width after the wall tiles set in. Your contractor will be able to advise you on all these. Another good thing to do is to ask the shop which you buy the fittings/fixtures from whether they will accept returned goods in exchange for another one with a different size. I believe that quite a number of shops do practice this.

As for coordinating of deliveries, you can discuss with your ID/contractor to see whether he can help you while you are away from the renovated place. If not it will be good to take 1day off, and arrange all deliveries to come on that day. Usually it will be better if the owner is there lah imo, as should there be any problems you can ask them right away and usually they will provide a solution there and then. Really help to keep the renovation on schedule and lessen the amount of reworks and ill-feelings.

Hi Nerokin

Thanks so much for been so helpful It reali help me alot. Of so u dun hack your living tiles cos me thinking of doing so.Cos wonder if I do so than might very high chance over budget le .So reali got to wait for all of them to come back with the quotation. Thanks so much for your help. Thanks