Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
worldangel

Love Nest In Woodlands (admiralty)

Wah....didn't know so many comrades here....I am in IT line also. I think we are the bunch which are the most pathetic.

From C, then to C++ and Visual, Foxpro -> suddenly there is a thing call HTML.....then......asp, aspx, jsp, actionscript......name it, u have it......now have to keep up to date with twitter and facebook.

In five years time, I don't know what the world will become.. From typewriter warrior...we become keyboard warrior.. heehee.

Eh there're actually alot of KB warrior in SG now mah just look at STOMP and HWZ you will know hahahahaha

I am actually trained in computer science but have not touched programming ever since I graduated...I hate it to the core...that's why I use my qualification to apply to be a teacher instead... :P

eh too bad I cant leh else you will see headline new "Teacher throws pupil out of the windows" :o :o :o

Hahahahaa :P

Edited by coffee_o

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
U still got degree .... not like me ... dip nia .... sianz.... hard to survise in spore :(

I also dip holder T__________T

even a general type degree is good for hunting admin jobs around 2k in salary = =.... general dip probably around 1.2-1.6?

I also dip holder T__________T

even a general type degree is good for hunting admin jobs around 2k in salary = =.... general dip probably around 1.2-1.6?

but overall, experiences still counts~~~~

Wah....didn't know so many comrades here....I am in IT line also. I think we are the bunch which are the most pathetic.

From C, then to C++ and Visual, Foxpro -> suddenly there is a thing call HTML.....then......asp, aspx, jsp, actionscript......name it, u have it......now have to keep up to date with twitter and facebook.

In five years time, I don't know what the world will become.. From typewriter warrior...we become keyboard warrior.. heehee.

Yeah... starting to feel that if we are slow to catch up on new technologies, we will be at the bottom of the chain liaoz. Wonder when i'm age 30++ can I still pick up a new language bo..

Now alot of comrades around lah. Our zeus company are quick to pick up the 'trends' de... eg. engineering boom in the 80s.. now we have tons of engineering diploma holders.... in 3-4years time you will see tons of creative industry people.

They dun seem to know that the creative industry here is so freaking small.

but overall, experiences still counts~~~~

Yep, also dependent on how much companies are willing to shell out also. I've seen quite a few ads with companies hiring experienced web designer/developer (3-5years) for a 1.8-2k salary. Sighz

Yep, also dependent on how much companies are willing to shell out also. I've seen quite a few ads with companies hiring experienced web designer/developer (3-5years) for a 1.8-2k salary. Sighz

they tink in sg...they can get "U pi, U qi, U koon lor gi" ppl mah....u dun take...tons of ppl queuing for it...soo no big deal...but in IT world...also depend alot on the experience u hv.....hands-on is the most impt....u can create smoke big big during interviews but when u really in the job...and need hands on...ha...u r 'caught'!!! as a common said: "say is easier than do" :rolleyes:

haha actually it's my hubby who fell in love with these fans first...so he's the one with the good taste :P

Hi angle,

Anyway, whether it's u or your hubby, I think you both are angels.... :D ......

Can you pls PM me the address & contact of the place u bought the fan?

Thank you in advance....

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Hi angle,

Anyway, whether it's u or your hubby, I think you both are angels.... :D ......

Can you pls PM me the address & contact of the place u bought the fan?

Thank you in advance....

Cheers!

:yamseng:

Place we got them is at lightings.com.sg. Not sure whether are they still carrying those 2 fans as both of them are no longer in their online catalogue. They do have the single blade fan though O.O.

they tink in sg...they can get "U pi, U qi, U koon lor gi" ppl mah....u dun take...tons of ppl queuing for it...soo no big deal...but in IT world...also depend alot on the experience u hv.....hands-on is the most impt....u can create smoke big big during interviews but when u really in the job...and need hands on...ha...u r 'caught'!!! as a common said: "say is easier than do" :rolleyes:

Reminds me of the time when I'm still working a day-job, my boss asked me to give the interviewees a small test to do before hiring them as flash developers. Many of them have impressive portfolios and work experience. So I gave them a simple task of creating a simple drag and drop script in flash, procedural or oop in a couple of hours. Many failed sadly, there is one who even ask me an hour later during the 'test', "Excuse me, how do you code in flash ah?"

*slaps head*

Reminds me of the time when I'm still working a day-job, my boss asked me to give the interviewees a small test to do before hiring them as flash developers. Many of them have impressive portfolios and work experience. So I gave them a simple task of creating a simple drag and drop script in flash, procedural or oop in a couple of hours. Many failed sadly, there is one who even ask me an hour later during the 'test', "Excuse me, how do you code in flash ah?"

*slaps head*

eh think i will ask you that question also leh hahahaha :P

:o:o:o:o

hahahaha though i got a double degree in information technology and multimedia technology hor i forgot the multimedia part liao cos what i've learned not put into use mah so forgot most of it liao lor hahahaha :P

hahahaha though i got a double degree in information technology and multimedia technology hor i forgot the multimedia part liao cos what i've learned not put into use mah so forgot most of it liao lor hahahaha :P

It is very true. I've learnt quite a lot during my school days... like 3Dmax lah, bits of Maya lah, VisualBasic etc. Now never use at all I don't even know how to use them, although the fundamentals more or less still there.

But then... if the job opening is for flash developer. The interviewees should expect flash to be the main medium of work mah. What for interview for flash developer when one doesn't even know flash to begin with :unsure:

*slaps head*

correct...correct...when u r into interview for such jobs, they will ask u to do simple things becos during the interview...ppl can 'hu ha' very big thing mah....when really give them a simple thing, they gabra liao....hahahaha....lucky me lah...when i into web...i was also tested with such 'simple' test...manage to go through...but when i into support area...oso test me...kns lor...so whenever i interview my junior...hahahaha...my turn to test them... :notti::notti::notti:

It is very true. I've learnt quite a lot during my school days... like 3Dmax lah, bits of Maya lah, VisualBasic etc. Now never use at all I don't even know how to use them, although the fundamentals more or less still there.

But then... if the job opening is for flash developer. The interviewees should expect flash to be the main medium of work mah. What for interview for flash developer when one doesn't even know flash to begin with :unsure:

eh think they're just trying their luck mah Wahahahaha

dun be suprised that alot of companies employed stuff with certain qualities of skills but nvr ask them to do that kind of job scope wor