Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hkching

Finally... A Place In The East

WHOA your cabinets are CHIO! :)

Thanks... spent a lot of effort getting it to be what we wanted. We even went down to the furniture workshop in Sungei Kadut to ensure that it is done correctly.

Also specifically went down to Blum to talk to the staff and selected the correct Aventos HL. Still not perfect, so need the workers to come down again next week..

Maybe later I'll post some "defect" photos from my carpentry.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wow no wonder total reno cost so high cos you are doing so many carpentry. I only did minimal carpentry in my place. The pics look good so far:) lots of storage space!

Thanks for the compliment.

I got a warehouse full of our stuff, so need as must storage space as possible. I never imagine kid can have soooo much crap (treasures in his eyes).

Also no money to buy bigger house, so need to find creative ways to put storage yet not make the house any smaller. That in turn translate to higher carpentry cost, cos cannot buy off the shelves.

Even the bed i bought got hidden storage space.. Will post pictures when it is delivered next week.

Thanks... spent a lot of effort getting it to be what we wanted. We even went down to the furniture workshop in Sungei Kadut to ensure that it is done correctly.

Also specifically went down to Blum to talk to the staff and selected the correct Aventos HL. Still not perfect, so need the workers to come down again next week..

Maybe later I'll post some "defect" photos from my carpentry.

I guess that's the right thing to do.. if you want things to be perfect then you need to do QC on your own. Workers are after all.. just workers.

I noticed that outlet thing at the end of your boy's loft bed... Are you going to place his TV or Computer there?

I will mount a TV there... Currently he prefers to sleep with us. So most probably will use his room as my study room for the time being.

Will watch soccer in the middle of the night there too.. :)

Hi! Congrats on your new home! Looks like the reno is going well so that's good.

I like the design of your dining area cabinet, especially with the Aventos HL, very cool and useful. :good:

The balcony furniture you got are very nice too, am considering getting similar ones. May I know how much you paid for them? Do you also have the price for the other one that can be stacked?

My son's room. This is his bed built on the bay window.

IMG_2153.jpg

His bed with cabinet below... Little monster included..

IMG_2154.jpg

Feature wall in master bedroom....

IMG_2156.jpg

That's all for now...

Next week will be :

1. Chengal Decking

2. Wallpaper

3. Grilles

4. Curtains and Blinds...

5. Delivery of furnitures and electronics

Then will be moving in time... can't wait....

Your son is so cute.. =) I think his bed looks really cool but it is really safe for him to be so close to the windows? Haha dunno y i feel worried for u..

Your son is so cute.. =) I think his bed looks really cool but it is really safe for him to be so close to the windows? Haha dunno y i feel worried for u..

Heehee... my son is like a small adult... always preach to us..

Anyway, once the grilles are up, I think you will feel safer.. For the windows, only 2 can be opened. Both windows has safety features already. We kiasu, so built grilles some more... So now super safe.. :)

Heehee... my son is like a small adult... always preach to us..

Anyway, once the grilles are up, I think you will feel safer.. For the windows, only 2 can be opened. Both windows has safety features already. We kiasu, so built grilles some more... So now super safe.. :)

Hee so cute.. i hope my son grows up and preach to us also.. also.. sweet.. :P

Glad to hear that u are having grills n all those safety features for the windows.. Now i feel safer liao.. Haha.. Nice place you have there.. :good:

Hee so cute.. i hope my son grows up and preach to us also.. also.. sweet.. :P

Glad to hear that u are having grills n all those safety features for the windows.. Now i feel safer liao.. Haha.. Nice place you have there.. :good:

Heehee... Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it...

Like that day, I came home from work and was having dinner, my son came over and say, "Papa, you just came back from work huh? Tired or not? Oh tired. Must be u at night sleep late lor. But boy boy whole day at home play also tired. So we both need to sleep early, ok?"

I dunno how to answer him.....

It has been a busy 2 days with most of the reno done...

Here's the chengal decking...

IMG_2178.jpg

The decking was done by Liang Hoe Huat. They are really very good. And the price is very reasonable, at least cheaper than those quoted by IDs.

My balcony flooring was not very level. So, they spent the entire morning measuring and calibrating so that the final product is completely aligned with the surrounding skirting.

The effect of wallpaper is much better than expected. It was done Europa. Again, highly recommended.

The workmanship is good, and the workers are very experienced and prudent. In the end, they used 3 less rolls of wallpaper than expected, which saved me about $750.

Especially at the master bedroom. They noticed that to cover a very small area, they will need to open a new roll. They wanted for me to come back and suggested that maybe it ok not to do it.

Here's the pic. The undo area is on the left side, beside the window. That little area would have cost me $200 if they didn't bother to ask.

IMG_2166.jpg

Thanks.... I decided on this design when I was looking at other posts in this forum. Before coming here, I don't even know about Blum System..

So the credit goes to everyone in this forum..

His bed with cabinet below... Little monster included..

IMG_2154.jpg

your "little monster" is sooooo adorable! and with his antics in preaching u too.. so cutee! :P

oh and i love the way your house is turning out.. and the brown wallpaper too... looks almost consistently shaped from far yet with details if u look close enough.. very nice! :)