Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kohss

Storage Heater Hot Water Too Lasting?

Hi guys

I have a 25l joven storage heater. Did not turn on my heater for past 5 days and realise that there is still hot water coming out from the tap? How long does hot water usually last in the storage heater? (even when is off?)

I thought there's problem with my electrical switch, thought is "on" even i switched it "off". but seems that the heater light only come on when i really "on" the switch.

So the hot water inside the storage really can hold the hot water for so long? (each bath usually 5-10 mins of running water)

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It is normal, storage water heater tanks are insulated and will remain hot for a long time if the usage is low.

phew, good to hear that! Thanks!

It is normal, storage water heater tanks are insulated and will remain hot for a long time if the usage is low.

Hi guys

I have a 25l joven storage heater. Did not turn on my heater for past 5 days and realise that there is still hot water coming out from the tap? How long does hot water usually last in the storage heater? (even when is off?)

I thought there's problem with my electrical switch, thought is "on" even i switched it "off". but seems that the heater light only come on when i really "on" the switch.

So the hot water inside the storage really can hold the hot water for so long? (each bath usually 5-10 mins of running water)

Thanks!

dun worry abt it.... Joven is a very good storage tank. i'm also using it now my hot water also last for long time....

i can heat up the water in the morning.... evening i come home, the water is still hot to bathe

i used Ariston b4.... a world of difference....

dun worry abt it.... Joven is a very good storage tank. i'm also using it now my hot water also last for long time....

i can heat up the water in the morning.... evening i come home, the water is still hot to bathe

i used Ariston b4.... a world of difference....

wow....good to hear that....cos i juz ordered a joven water heater with energy saving function yesterday....was told to add $15 for the energy saving gadget....dunno if i kena bluff or not...... :(

I use Ariston and stays hot for at least 24 hours but also depends on water usage too. Didn't know Joven can last so long....so good.

Hi guys

Thanks!

could it be the weather or the location of yr flat? Is it seated on West sector?

I stay in Bukit Batok. My unit got morning sun, but not sure about the water tank "up there" whether is really being exposed to evening sun.

Those houses on high floors get water supplied from the tank on the roof. Usually even the tap water is slightly warmer than usual due to exposure to sun.

I know this because my parents stay on higher floor. No need to on heater. Also usually when they do maintenance for the tanks on top, their water supply turned off. They collect water from their friend living on 5th floor.

Houses on lower floors get supplied from ground. Mine 4th floor, tap water ice cold all the time, even on a extremely hot day.

wow....good to hear that....cos i juz ordered a joven water heater with energy saving function yesterday....was told to add $15 for the energy saving gadget....dunno if i kena bluff or not...... :(

Hi Santav, is yours a storage water heater, how much and where did you get yours?

I am looking for one now, so looking for opinion :)

Thanks!

Hi Santav, is yours a storage water heater, how much and where did you get yours?

I am looking for one now, so looking for opinion :)

Thanks!

Previously I was using an Ariston - not sure why, but after 3 years, it started leaking. The serviceman said it was due to rust, so I had to change the whole thing. I bought a new Ariston(Again!) for $500.. sure hope it last!.