bioforce

Furniture Shops esp sofa

Add on :

01) OM

02) Evov

03) Bernini

04) D&B

05) Vhive

06) Star Group (Zen, mondi lifestyle etc)

07) Novena (white, castilla etc)

08) Luxur

09) Dian

10) Lifestorey/marquis/nobel group

11) melandas

12) xzqt

13) air division

14) Aero

15) brighton

16) Home essential (alexandra road)

17) navinzi

18) courts

19) harvey norman

20) defu furniture

21) Casa

22) cellini/ brunomenzi

23) westpoint design

24) furniture warehouse

25) Mod living

26) Ikea

27) Molecue

28) silver river

29) cream & another shop a few stores away at Purvis St.

30) massimo

31) Hommage Furniture @ Serangoon Central

32) Ceja

33) Furniture Club

34) Lush

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Add on :

01) OM (nice but most items from China, not worth the price)

02) Evov (nice designer furniture)

03) Bernini

04) D&B

05) Vhive

06) Star Group (Zen, mondi lifestyle etc)

07) Novena (white, castilla etc)

08) Luxur

09) Dian

10) Lifestorey/marquis/nobel group (also designer type and slightly better than Molecule which is way tooooo expensive)

11) melandas

12) xzqt

13) air division (very designer and expensive)

14) Aero

15) brighton

17) navinzi

18) courts

19) harvey norman (only if u like homely, classical type)

20) defu furniture

21) Casa

22) cellini/ brunomenzi

23) westpoint design

24) furniture warehouse

25) Mod living

26) Ikea

27) Molecue (only if you have fat budget)

28) silver river

30) massimo

32) Ceja

33) Furniture Club

34) Lush

35) www.Objet.sg (nice, modern slightly expensive)

36) www.gfaglobal.com

37) www.Sofaandothers.com

Edited by latitude

got two more to add

1. beng tuan at jean yip building. find that their furniture is quite value for money and after-sales service is excellent :notti:

alvan is the sales guy who served me. after a little screw up with the delivery and product, he kept calling me to apologise and try his best to resolve the problem

2. bedznco at eunos techlink (or technopark?)

they sell solid wood furniture at reasonable prices. those looking for zen or resort themed furniture can try checking them out :yamseng:

oh and i bought my half-leather sofa from courts

$1,099 with three years warranty on parts and seams

3 + 2 + 1 seater, giovanni series :good:

St. Louis ( IMM) - Horrible store! I just ordered a sofa 2 weeks ago and promised someone would come to my place to take measurements. Took 10 days to arrange for the person to come. After the measurement, was promised that the design would be send to me but after 3 days still no reply!

The price negotiated included some customization. Now customization was aborted but price could not be reduced. Sales person changed her story :rolleyes: What a rip off :bangwall:

Now I plan to rescind the order

This shop - Customer experience LOUSY & rip off NOT RECOMMENDED

Here's my input based on those we've been to:

01) OM - nice designs comparable to those designer ones, prices a bit pricey but still not too bad

02) Vhive - good for basics like study desk, prices very reasonable

03) Novena - too cheena looking for us, workmanship for sofa not very good though price is reasonable

04) Lifestorey - too pricey

05) xzqt - overly priced

06) Sohome - pricey

07) harvey norman - nothing to our fancy

08) cellini - mid range design and prices

09) Ikea - not very durable

10) Molecue - expensive

11) Lush - nice but nothing caught our eyes

12) Ritz (Forgot the name, its at Furniture Mall) - Not bad quality sofa. Sales person knows his product well

13) Systemind - Interesting Japanese Furnishing Concept. Not cheap. But very friendly service.

14) Red Apple - So so design

a few others... but forgot the shop names :yamseng:

Can someone advise on an estimate pricing for a 2 and 3 seater sofa at OM ? I like some of their designs and also considering Barang Barang. But need to wait for sale. Wonder when the end-year sales are coming ? !!

got two more to add

1. beng tuan at jean yip building. find that their furniture is quite value for money and after-sales service is excellent :notti:

alvan is the sales guy who served me. after a little screw up with the delivery and product, he kept calling me to apologise and try his best to resolve the problem

2. bedznco at eunos techlink (or technopark?)

they sell solid wood furniture at reasonable prices. those looking for zen or resort themed furniture can try checking them out :dribble:

oh and i bought my half-leather sofa from courts

$1,099 with three years warranty on parts and seams

3 + 2 + 1 seater, giovanni series :)

me bought some stuff from beng tuan, the one at kallang though... Pro... good negotiable pricing

Cons... twice ordered stuff from them, seems like the delivery service not good (for me).. both time screwed. 1st time: promised to send drawer+ tv console @ 8pm, but on the day of delivery, delivery guy keep calling up to send early.. somemore deny that agreed delivery time was not on receipt (heng my copy have state agreed delivery time) so tot maybe small matter so go again to buy another storage sofa & single seater recliner because they give good price for returning customer, however 2nd time the delivery guy never come on time as agreed per PO. Called up beng tuan & spoke to guy who took my order, complained to him that delivery guy dont even bother to call up to say wheter they b late or watever.. after nagging to him for few minutes, beng tuan staff promptly told me to call the delivery guy myself.. :yamseng: canot tahan the bengtuan staff so called up the delivery guy myself... in the end they came 2-3 hours later then agreed time but worse still, storage sofa backrest cushion never send together, bo pian called up beng tuan complained again... next day then send the cushion... wah twice bitten thrice....

I have a few words to say, as an insider from the furniture industry, to correct some of the wrong information given by some writers.

Harvey Norman

Most writers here are having very wrong impression about Harvey Norman. In fact, Harvey Norman is one of the very few retailers in Singapore that carry top grade European furniture brands, most notably Robert Allen and Chateau-Dax. Usually, only the wealthy one can afford these brands. If you have a fat wallet, don't be hesitated to hunt some high quality pieces from Harvey Norman.

Bruno Menzi V.S. Cellini

Although both of them are under the same management (well, the famous father, and the daughter), they are actually different corporate entities. The daughter runs Bruno Menzi. Bruno Menzi's furniture-frames are manufactured in a different plant, if you notice that Bruno Menzi's furniture-frames are mainly in solid Mahogany, arguably the finest wood for furniture making.

Cellini's pieces are no where near this range. I'm not saying that Cellini's furnitures are inferior. In fact, Cellini's furnitures are considered furnitures of good quality, however, they are not comparable against top European brands.

Bruno Menzi is comparable to top European furniture brands, in terms of design, material, and quality. I have to give them a lot of credits for introducing Modern Classics funitures to Singapore.

I just went to Silver River yesterday, and then came back here to check for reviews and most of them are pretty bad, but the reviews i saw dated back to 2007 so can i check if they are still very bad now, especially with after sales services? I thought the prices there are pretty attractive though, but just don't want to encounter any nightmare should there be any problem.

i thought cellini is local brand? are you talking about a different cellini? :dunno:

I have a few words to say, as an insider from the furniture industry, to correct some of the wrong information given by some writers.

Harvey Norman

Most writers here are having very wrong impression about Harvey Norman. In fact, Harvey Norman is one of the very few retailers in Singapore that carry top grade European furniture brands, most notably Robert Allen and Chateau-Dax. Usually, only the wealthy one can afford these brands. If you have a fat wallet, don't be hesitated to hunt some high quality pieces from Harvey Norman.

Bruno Menzi V.S. Cellini

Although both of them are under the same management (well, the famous father, and the daughter), they are actually different corporate entities. The daughter runs Bruno Menzi. Bruno Menzi's furniture-frames are manufactured in a different plant, if you notice that Bruno Menzi's furniture-frames are mainly in solid Mahogany, arguably the finest wood for furniture making.

Cellini's pieces are no where near this range. I'm not saying that Cellini's furnitures are inferior. In fact, Cellini's furnitures are considered furnitures of good quality, however, they are not comparable against top European brands.

Bruno Menzi is comparable to top European furniture brands, in terms of design, material, and quality. I have to give them a lot of credits for introducing Modern Classics funitures to Singapore.

Add ON:

01) OM - pricey, nice design

02) Evov

03) Bernini

04) D&B

05) Vhive - afforable, not long lasting, some products poor quality

06) Star Group (Zen, mondi lifestyle etc) - mid-range quality

07) Novena - mid-range design and comfort

08) Luxur

09) Dian

10) Lifestorey/marquis/nobel group - too pricey for quality

11) melandas - moderate design

12) xzqt

13) air division

14) Aero

15) brighton - poor design and quality

17) navinzi

18) courts - over priced for the quality offered

19) harvey norman - very common designs, comfy so -so

20) defu furniture

21) Casa

22) cellini/ brunomenzi - comfy and reasonably priced and good quality

23) westpoint design

24) furniture warehouse

25) Mod living

26) Ikea - practical design, afforable price, quality so-so

27) Molecue - pricey but nice designs

28) silver river

30) massimo - mid range quality and affordable

32) Ceja

33) Furniture Club

34) Lush

35) Barang Barang - very comfy, nice design but overpriced

36) Castilla - common design, mid-range comfy but pricey

Have purchased from barang barang. Prices are more reasonable during their sales period and quality is good. Customer services is excellent... i'm very pleased.