Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
reena8282

Laminate Flooring Help!

I'm intending to replace the laminte/vinyl floor sheet that I currently have in my home (DIY'd ourselves) and looking to find a place where I can buy the flooring by the roll...I know the last time we got the stuff somewhere in Toa Payoh but as that was like 10 plus years ago I can't remember where.

I have to say the floor was very easy to maintain (it's laid flat on concrete) and got a couple of tears in it thanks to careless shifting of furniture which we easily covered up with furniture but definitely lasted. Would continue to use it if it wasn't for the fact that we wanted a fresh look to the house.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
u can try Supreme laminate, got lifetime warranty, think about $4.5psf for the good grade one -- claimed to be waterproof too

That's a bit high price. I got mine done from Inovar Floor at about $4psf only...lifetime warranty too. Was told no such thing as laminate which is waterproof...but it's very high water resistant. And i notice that Inovar have an ad at renotalk huh?...at the main page and directory listing.

if u study closely, most of the laminate brands are relatively new and all actually singapore companines...

so u must consider on the after sales support...i am not selling for supreme, but my friends who use supreme praises it for good after sales support...

Hi,

For DIY Laminated floor, why don't you buy from IKEA....they sell all the tools required for the job and still with Warrenty wor...

Dun as others mentioned, get the contactor to do it...I dun think is that simple.

Just as I have shared in other forum...I have just signed up with Kronotex after much seaching and compariosn...price wise, you will be surprise that is not that expensive as some forumer claim...I got the AC4 series...but no Life Time Warrenty like what others claim...but to me no point life time lor...

btw, I don't work for Kronotex, just want to share this good offer I got...cheers

I recommend Supreme.

I got a contractor to do my reno but Supreme to do the laminate for the three bedrooms. The contractor were careless and they actually chipped part of the flooring. Supreme came down and fixed it without any cost (or question).

Price has gone down a lot so you could get it for a little less than $4 now for their best quality AC5.

Check out my T-blog for the pictures of my bedrooms.

supreme is well known for its good service...

for kronotex, i read from magazine that it is 100% made in germany?

Hi everyone,

I chanced upon this great site while looking for some renovation ideas for my resale flat in Fernvale. Had a proposal from ID to overlay LF partially on the original HDB homogenous flooring. The whole idea is to segregate dining area from living.

While I like the idea of the distinct segregation, I am not sure if the overlay will create ugly edge between the LF and tiles? I was told they will be covered but the overlaying will create some height difference right? Will this going to look very ugly?

Hope to hear your opinion on the above proposal I received. If anyone had their home done up in this manner, pls do share with me what are the pros and cons.

Thanks load!

Hi everyone, I met up with one of the laminate flooring yesterday. Shared with the salesperson my idea of overlaying LF partially in my dining area.

He showed me the profile which is semi-circle shaped and that is going to cover up the edge between LF and existing tiles. Actually the profile is quite ugly I felt after seeing it for myself. I guess it will be alright if it is used between bedroom and door.

I will drop the idea of doing partial LF. However I still like to do something to the flooring to differentiate my dining & living area. Thought of decals on the floor tiles but they probably won;t last very long...

Anyone can share some ideas?

Hi everyone,

I chanced upon this great site while looking for some renovation ideas for my resale flat in Fernvale. Had a proposal from ID to overlay LF partially on the original HDB homogenous flooring. The whole idea is to segregate dining area from living.

While I like the idea of the distinct segregation, I am not sure if the overlay will create ugly edge between the LF and tiles? I was told they will be covered but the overlaying will create some height difference right? Will this going to look very ugly?

Hope to hear your opinion on the above proposal I received. If anyone had their home done up in this manner, pls do share with me what are the pros and cons.

Thanks load!

Hi everyone, I met up with one of the laminate flooring yesterday. Shared with the salesperson my idea of overlaying LF partially in my dining area.

He showed me the profile which is semi-circle shaped and that is going to cover up the edge between LF and existing tiles. Actually the profile is quite ugly I felt after seeing it for myself. I guess it will be alright if it is used between bedroom and door.

I will drop the idea of doing partial LF. However I still like to do something to the flooring to differentiate my dining & living area. Thought of decals on the floor tiles but they probably won;t last very long...

Anyone can share some ideas?

decals may not last as they are stickers, through constant walking, stepping, and mopping it, don't think the colour will stay either.

if you have the budget, perhaps you can hack away the tiles of the dining room and lay another tiles of different colour over.

Or a simpler way will be using carpet. You can lay carpet at the living area, it does give a cozy feel =)

But why do you want to divide the area so clearly? I feel that if the whole living area and dining area uses the same tiles, it gives a spacious feel, also in future if you ever want to shift your furniture around, you will not be restricted by the different tiles. so do consider using carpets/ rugs

my 2 cents.

Hi Dyleen, thanks for the pointers. Totally agree with you on the decals on floor thingy. I only have very short leadtime (2 weeks) for reno hence no hacking intended.

My intend to segregate dining from living is to give a visual distinction of these 2 areas. However it looks like this may not be possible. Carpet is a good idea. I am likely to use carpet if LF is not practical for my case. That's why I was hoping to get more opinions from this forum before I make my final decision.

Regards.

decals may not last as they are stickers, through constant walking, stepping, and mopping it, don't think the colour will stay either.

if you have the budget, perhaps you can hack away the tiles of the dining room and lay another tiles of different colour over.

Or a simpler way will be using carpet. You can lay carpet at the living area, it does give a cozy feel =)

But why do you want to divide the area so clearly? I feel that if the whole living area and dining area uses the same tiles, it gives a spacious feel, also in future if you ever want to shift your furniture around, you will not be restricted by the different tiles. so do consider using carpets/ rugs

my 2 cents.

Hi Dyleen, thanks for the pointers. Totally agree with you on the decals on floor thingy. I only have very short leadtime (2 weeks) for reno hence no hacking intended.

My intend to segregate dining from living is to give a visual distinction of these 2 areas. However it looks like this may not be possible. Carpet is a good idea. I am likely to use carpet if LF is not practical for my case. That's why I was hoping to get more opinions from this forum before I make my final decision.

Regards.

But whatever you do, try to haggle for as much discount as possible from Inovar. They are having their anniversary sale and I went, and saw their prices are the same as normal. No discount. So what is an anniversary sale without discount? Not honest suppliers.

But whatever you do, try to haggle for as much discount as possible from Inovar. They are having their anniversary sale and I went, and saw their prices are the same as normal. No discount. So what is an anniversary sale without discount? Not honest suppliers.

Sorry, but you seem to be having a special agenda here when your 1st 5 posts are to go againts Inovar (i suspect you're their competitor who's trying to do damage to good honest supplier)... Ironically, you joined renotalk on 7th November 2009 too which was the day when all your 5 negative posts were posted here, and you're never seen again in RT ever since.

On a side note, I also went to Inovar Anniv Sale and got myself a very good deal for my 2nd upcoming flat with disc up to 35% for the colour I selected. What nonsense is this guy talking about?? Bad mouthing is definitely not encouraged in RT forum and members can be banned if found guilty!! RT users, please judge for yourself.

Hi,

I currently have vinyl tiles in my house. More than 20 years already so it really needs to be changed.

My family does not want to splurge too much on flooring since we may not be staying for more than 10 years in this flat. Hence I felt laminated flooringwas quite a good option but I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me answer.

Will my vinyl tiles require hacking or can it simply overlay? We dont want to move out just because of the flooring. Also, do most of you engage a contractor to do it for you? I know the brands have their individual websites..

Finally any one with prior experience with laminate flooring who wishes to share his conactor or quote would be great.

Hope to get some response!

Reena

Hi Reena,

You'd better remove vinyl floors firstly and then install laminate flooring. Don't worry, laminate flooring is easy to install and maintain. You may find some videos teaching installation from website and just follow it. Of course, large brands may offer installation service as well.