Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Marcussy

M & M Love Nest In Tenteram

if ur toilet ceiling is leaking, no point just getting ur contractor to patch up from ur side. you need to report to HDB cos they need to step in and get your neighbour upstairs to repair their waterproofing. Chances are the waterproofing of your upstairs neighbour has failed that's why the water will leak thru to your bathroom. but there may be other causes as well lah. Get the experts from the relevant areas to advice u accordingly.

My contractor went down to take a look for me today. He says it is not leakage, but mould due to the heater & air not circulating cos windows not opened big enough. So no worries, he will try to wash it off before painting.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
My contractor went down to take a look for me today. He says it is not leakage, but mould due to the heater & air not circulating cos windows not opened big enough. So no worries, he will try to wash it off before painting.

that's good news!

WOW.. Really a great buy! Very good condition and the owner left a lot of good stuff for you.. I like your living and kitchen.. Tastefully renovated..

13K COV is worth it manz.. Mine is 23K COV faintz...

WOW.. Really a great buy! Very good condition and the owner left a lot of good stuff for you.. I like your living and kitchen.. Tastefully renovated..

13K COV is worth it manz.. Mine is 23K COV faintz...

Yes the curtains are of good quality and the inverter system is quite energy saving, judging from the SP bill that the seller shown us. I like the living room a lot too, simple & cosy & well lit. The kitchen is simple, though I would have preferred more cabinets but overall things are all in good shape.

Just bought the fridge, washer/dryer & LCD tv over the weekend after my ROM. Tomorrow still going to scout for my bathroom & kitchen accessories in the morning. Reno starting tomorrow :)

your hse is very nice!...the living room, bedrooms and corridor like condo....:)

as for the kitchen wall tiles (those opp the cabinet), i also kept mine, but here are some options offered to me by various IDs which u might wanna consider:

1) overlaying

2) plastering to give it a raw look

3) plastering then decorating it with decals

4) fixing glass panels like those u see in most shopping malls now like Ion Orchard...

i am actually considering option 4..and Ikea is selling those glass panels and they have examples of it everywhere in their Alexandra showroom...very niice

Edited by Bon07

your hse is very nice!...the living room, bedrooms and corridor like condo....:)

as for the kitchen wall tiles (those opp the cabinet), i also kept mine, but here are some options offered to me by various IDs which u might wanna consider:

1) overlaying

2) plastering to give it a raw look

3) plastering then decorating it with decals

4) fixing glass panels like those u see in most shopping malls now like Ion Orchard...

i am actually considering option 4..and Ikea is selling those glass panels and they have examples of it everywhere in their Alexandra showroom...very niice

Thanks for your suggestion! I only considered option 1 earlier, but in the end I decided against doing it because I am unable to overlay the part in between my top & bottom cabinets without dismantling my cabinets. So save the money since the tiles are actually in good condition, just the colour a bit orh biang. My contractor also asked me to save $, no need overlay, just do a glass panel in between my cabinets and it will make the whole kitchen look nice. Cos when people step in, they will be drawn to the panel instead of the orh biang tiles. So purposely chose a orange colour glass panel to match the current HDB wall tiles.

As for decals, I would like to decorate my other rooms with it. Any idea where I can get nice & affordable decals?

Just before my reno start, the workers came to my house to dismantle the accessories. The basin, shower set, etc were being taken down late last week.

3789291048_5f0f2cc924.jpg

3789297106_fd3e21d287.jpg

The remains of the accessories. Some of these may be reused subsequently, see how.

3788487773_880f5d6a60.jpg

Notcied a damaged tile at the washer pipe there. Will ask the worker to patch it up cos contractor says can't find such tiles anymore.

3788481449_5a38f328f9.jpg

Here is the start of my glass panel, just above the kitchen sink. So no choice, have to move this rack to the wall above the washer.

3789294996_fa957de2f1.jpg

Reno officially started on Monday, 3 Aug. Went down to discuss more details with contractor at noon time. As can be seen, all the goods are now housed at my living room.

3788493075_b9903f2588.jpg

Went down again tonight, after the second day of works. This is my kitchen now.

3788502861_4d0dc10f3c.jpg

3788506543_82d2003db3.jpg

The floor tiles have been mostly layed. Just left the washer & fridge bases. Din want to disturb the tiles so can't take pics of kitchen toilet.

3789308526_d1e6ee0cc5.jpg

Edited by Marcussy

My MBR toilet! The walls are 50% done le. The black flowery strip is where my rainshower set gonna be. The rest of the floor will be white flowery tiles. Can't really see from the pic but the flowery tiles are quite sweet :)

3788495279_82a5cc29be.jpg

The shower place. Floor tiles will be done tomorrow.

3789315848_2de4551ae2.jpg

This is where my vanity top will be.

3789312290_eb88eb23b0.jpg

Thanks for your suggestion! I only considered option 1 earlier, but in the end I decided against doing it because I am unable to overlay the part in between my top & bottom cabinets without dismantling my cabinets. So save the money since the tiles are actually in good condition, just the colour a bit orh biang. My contractor also asked me to save $, no need overlay, just do a glass panel in between my cabinets and it will make the whole kitchen look nice. Cos when people step in, they will be drawn to the panel instead of the orh biang tiles. So purposely chose a orange colour glass panel to match the current HDB wall tiles.

As for decals, I would like to decorate my other rooms with it. Any idea where I can get nice & affordable decals?

icic...u can consider puting a glass panel in between your cabinets but overlaying the tiles at the other part of the kitchen walls if you really want....

as for decals, i haven tot of wat decals to get....but most of the RT forummers got there decals from Wink, i think....and there is a shop at Marina square that sells these Wink decals....i saw Goodrich decals at Robinsons too....

super nice condition already! remember to cover up the floor and existing carpentry/aircon etc to prevent damages n scratches during reno! Congrats! Great Buy! :)

That's really fast. How much u would pay for all ur reno ?

Yes, most of the things have been completed and the whole house has been washed. I will be moving in next week as the furniture will be arriving next Wed. Total cost for reno is $9.5k. How about you? Got your contractor already? Starting works soon?