Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Marcussy

M & M Love Nest In Tenteram

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, only started browsing around the last few days cos wanna look search for contractors and chanced upon this place. It is really nice seeing it buzzing with activities! Thanks to all who have helped me so far :D

Well the reason why I am posting this is because I am too excited to sleep! Alright, tom is just the 1st appt, but it is still very impt phase of my life... I am getting a new flat! Have been looking ard for the past 3 months, and looked at close to 20 units. The one that I am getting is actually not in my radar at all originally cos I feel it is very ulu, although its actually very near my parents' home. But due to many reasons (HDB only granting me a small loan, I don't want to live in an old flat, I want to stay near parents, etc etc) I was "forced" to turn to Jalan Tenteram. It turned out to be a very nice and tranquil place, very suitable for me & min as we are anti-social beings who longed for quiet surroundings. And we prefer taking bus than MRT, so it is good that the place is well served by buses although not within walking distance of MRT.

There are only 4 blocks here, and only 2 blocks are eligible to sell as they just turned 5yr old. The other 2 are less than 4yr old, so by right I can't buy yet. After looking at the 2 "eligible" blocks and the many units for sale, we still can't make a decision, because many of them are either too small (75sqm), or corridor units, or got afternoon sun, or step in got uneasy feeling, etc. Just happened there was one unit on sale in the "ineligible" block. Owner applied for early sale because of some reason and was approved. When I stepped into the unit, I was already 80% sold. It was nicely done up, not very exaggerating yet comfortable. Within a week, we settled the OTP, and good for both parties cos both seller and us have no agents, so we DIY everything. So far so good, hope it stays that way. :rolleyes: I won't have to do much reno, if any it will just be the toilets and kitchen. And a fresh coat of paint. Other than that, just the furniture and home appliances and I should be able to move in.

Will try to push for the 2nd appt to be done ASAP cos wanto avoid moving in during lunar 7th month. Owner is also for the idea so we will tell HDB tom about it. Called HDB and they say as long as both seller and buyer agree, it can be done in 3 weeks time. So keeping fingers crossed that we can start the reno in late July.

Will be posting the floor plans and pics once they are available. Think I better go zz soon cos tom's appt is 8am. zz

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrates on ur new home and ur first appt today! Hehehe, guess u should be either waiting to go into the officer's ofc, or have signed the papers by now. heheheh :D

Marcussy, congrats! So how's your appt today? oh, i think your jalan Tenteram, is near to the famous Bak Gu Teh along the Balestier stretch rite? there's a lot of good food around that area. and the newly renovated market too.

Hi all, yup I just cleared my 1st appt this morning. Everything went smoothly except for the date of the 2nd appt. Tried to push for an earlier date but because we are taking a grant, the officer says the fastest is last week of July. So 29th July will be resale completion date.

The whole affair took longer than I thought. Appt was 815, but by the time everything is done and dusted it was already 1030. I didn't eat breakfast so was famished by then. Went to eat the ZhuJiang roast meat near HDB hub with my fiancee & parents.

Yup pinklady, tenteram is near the bak kut teh at balestier road. There are lots of good food along the stretch.

Now have to start scouting around for contractors. There was a roadshow near HDB hub, took a few brochures from U-Home Interior Design, Plush Living Design, ***** Design. Anyone has any dealings with these firms before? Basicially I am just looking at doing up the 2 toilets and kitchen flooring. Any good IDs/contractors whom you have encountered before? Share with me please!

Marcussy, congrats! So how's your appt today? oh, i think your jalan Tenteram, is near to the famous Bak Gu Teh along the Balestier stretch rite? there's a lot of good food around that area. and the newly renovated market too.

Oh, where are your homes? TPY or whampoa area?

Oh, where are your homes? TPY or whampoa area?

oh me huh, my home at AMK Ave 3. also a lot of good food. the famous seafood stall is within walking distance from my blk

Guest melancholic

Can I assume that both of you have names starting with M? Cos if so, must jia you.. then you can be like us.. create another M Family! :)

Can I assume that both of you have names starting with M? Cos if so, must jia you.. then you can be like us.. create another M Family! :)

Yup that's right, so we are the m & m family....haha :P

heyhey!! congrats!!! no worries abt the second appt date. u'll be so busy with looking for contractors and ids that time will fly in no time~

blue diamond, is our place that near balestier? sorry ar...my sense of direction is cannot make it de..

Hi Marcussy, congratulations and welcome to RT!!

Do update with us lots of photos wor.

Wishing you a smooth reno process.

Cheers!! :)

Here's my floor plan:

3656659735_ea55451f0e.jpg

I like it because it's a point block so got privacy, and the rooms are all rectangular in shape so its easier to plan in both fengshui and practical sense.

Hi Marcussy, congratulations and welcome to RT!!

Do update with us lots of photos wor.

Wishing you a smooth reno process.

Cheers!! :)

Thanks! Yup I will try to upload some pics once I can.