Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jo54anne

When Is The Best Time To Look For Contactor?

I think you can get the quote first....and after your 2nd appointment then sign...no point signing first when you still have to wait for your flat to come mah...in the meanwhile, you still can source for more quotes.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I'm getting my keys soon around 3 mths times , just wonder how to source for the ideal ID , can anyone recommend beside Mr Soon and Mr Yeat and how many quotes should I compare ?

I'm getting my keys soon around 3 mths times , just wonder how to source for the ideal ID , can anyone recommend beside Mr Soon and Mr Yeat and how many quotes should I compare ?

personally I will recommend Ideal House - ID Lynn and another contractor Naaman Loh (pinklady's contractor)

they give me a really good impression so far but as Naaman hasnt got back with me the quotation, I can't say much...

ask for as many as you're comfortable, I was stood up by my number 12th contractor/id yesterday, else I will have gotten more (plus those requested from emails)...

Edited by merryman

Share with you my statistics:

Signed the option to buy the resale flat in Mar.

First appointment was mid-Apr.

Second appontment was early-June.

Started looking for ID the day after signing the option. Till second appointment spoke/visited some 20 IDs/contractors, out of which received 15 quotations.

I think it is never too early to start looking. It took me 4 to 5 meetings before I have the feel to know what I want for the reno.

I think you can get the quote first....and after your 2nd appointment then sign...no point signing first when you still have to wait for your flat to come mah...in the meanwhile, you still can source for more quotes.

this means tat >> looking at tiles, drawings can only start after the signing of 2nd appt??

not advisable to sign during b4 or after 1st appt???

just to check>> i am getting my resale flat's 1st appt on 13 Aug...

We think we might have filter out the ID firms that we want and the price we can afford.

Is it advisable for me to sign a ID package (design + reno) now (b4 my 1st appt)_?

I scare something might cock up for my 1st appt leh...then wat will happen to the ID $$$

i think u better dun sign up so fast 1st. last time when we were hunting for IDs, we found out that "the standard package" that the big ID firms, has deliberately left out many items. so we were took up any "standard package". if you take that up, you would fall into their trap. which means additional of a lot more items, which means more extra cash to them. u decided on anybody? wana get my ID contact? u may PM me for more details. my ID won't chop carrot head, and my hse is done on a tight budget too.

personally I will recommend Ideal House - ID Lynn and another contractor Naaman Loh (pinklady's contractor)

they give me a really good impression so far but as Naaman hasnt got back with me the quotation, I can't say much...

ask for as many as you're comfortable, I was stood up by my number 12th contractor/id yesterday, else I will have gotten more (plus those requested from emails)...

Thanks for your recommendation , i will look through the forum and look for some recommended ID from the threads , maybe i just want to meet up someone who is highly-recommendated ones.

Thanks for your recommendation , i will look through the forum and look for some recommended ID from the threads , maybe i just want to meet up someone who is highly-recommendated ones.

Lynn has been quite recommended so far, you can check out the ideal house thread... other than that, you have to read the threads yourself :D

just take your time to find... most importantly, you need to find a ID who u feel more comfortable with and able to communicate.

huh Merryman, he havent given you the quote huh. i call and scold him for you, okie?

Did Naaman say how long then he will get back to you?

huh Merryman, he havent given you the quote huh. i call and scold him for you, okie?

Did Naaman say how long then he will get back to you?

he said he's on short reservist and will get the quotation to me by today... :D don't need scold him lar since he explained to me..

he said he's on short reservist and will get the quotation to me by today... :D don't need scold him lar since he explained to me..

oh reservist got short 1 meh? hmmm. okie leh, i won't scold him leh... :P

oh reservist got short 1 meh? hmmm. okie leh, i won't scold him leh... :P

tmr lar, I told him no matter how late I want to see it by today... so if still don't have then u scold him lor :P

Hi,

Can we find our own contractor if we have our own ID?

ie. Can I get Naaman as contractor, then I will have my own ID?

Thanks.