Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wildarmz

Id And Reno Advice Needed

Hello everyone.. I finally made the jump and bought a resale condo 926sqf. Am wondering if 10k is possible for a simple reno? I just need to reno the living/dining/mbr only.. Feature wall in living, lights for dining, full wardrobe for mbr.. If possible would like to change the doors, toilet (tiles, basin) also if within budget.

I don't own any furniture so will be moving in only with my luggage. If I get an ID, can they also get the furnitures and include in the package? Like sofa, fridge, washer/dryer, bedframe etc? Of cos with this I don't mind paying more.. Sigh, really afraid that I might take a reno loan..

Would really appreciate it if I can get some good advice. Do recommend me a good ID also yea.. Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hello everyone.. I finally made the jump and bought a resale condo 926sqf. Am wondering if 10k is possible for a simple reno? I just need to reno the living/dining/mbr only.. Feature wall in living, lights for dining, full wardrobe for mbr.. If possible would like to change the doors, toilet (tiles, basin) also if within budget.

I don't own any furniture so will be moving in only with my luggage. If I get an ID, can they also get the furnitures and include in the package? Like sofa, fridge, washer/dryer, bedframe etc? Of cos with this I don't mind paying more.. Sigh, really afraid that I might take a reno loan..

Would really appreciate it if I can get some good advice. Do recommend me a good ID also yea.. Thanks!

10k might not be a problem if your place doesn't need much touch up, depends really if you need tiling or just furnishings or what specific kind of work, i'm still sourcing for mine, it's good to read t-blogs and have some ideas, read also renovation firms for feedback...

furnitures in package, not likely wor.. usually they throw in some carpentry or aircon if they have contacts..

I have read the t-blogs (as much as i can since last month) but seems like everyone's reno costs 20k and above..

Rgd reno firms, I guess there's no choice but must go down eventually la.. But should I just tell them my budget is 10k? Like very low..

And coming to furnitures, I really noob so have been thinking to just get everything from ikea to make it simple. Is this ok or are there cheaper places to shop for furnitures?

I have read the t-blogs (as much as i can since last month) but seems like everyone's reno costs 20k and above..

Rgd reno firms, I guess there's no choice but must go down eventually la.. But should I just tell them my budget is 10k? Like very low..

And coming to furnitures, I really noob so have been thinking to just get everything from ikea to make it simple. Is this ok or are there cheaper places to shop for furnitures?

not sure where you stay but some introduced s&c(amk) and meng liang(amk)

there was one who did very simple reno and did it for 4.5k only I think.. if i chanced upon it, i'll post here...

oooh, you let them know it's simple renovation and budget about 7k?! but really depends on what you want done... try to get contractors, not IDs cuz they are generally cheaper..

Edited by merryman

Helo, congrats on your new hse.

Seems like you have a budget constraint..

Have you consider to delay your reno. Meantime perhaps you can just get some cheap furniture n move in

so in future when you are ready to reno, all the furniture can be just throw away.

If you can just refurnish the hse yourself like painting and add in some deco, of cos it will be much cheaper.

My current hse is all using Ikea.. just basic n functional. Once my reno start.. we will dump all away

If you enagaged a ID, package will not include furniture. Most of us here will try to source for our own furniture n stuffs, instead of relay on ID.

The furniture they recommended will not be too affordable anyway.

To be frank, if you count in cost such as furniture (non-ikea) , applicances, aircon it could easily be 8-10k just for furnishing.

And if Reno cost, depends on what you required... kitchen, bathroom? flooring?

It can still be done, but depends on what you need,your wants and condition of your hse.

I too on a tight budget, so I bought my furniture at S&C.

Dunno about the quality, as we choose furniture based on catalog but so far reviews seems good

can only hope for the best.

Custom-made L-shape sofa (2.8m), Tv console, coffee table, dining table w/ 6 chairs and a king size bedframe for $3K

Edited by charemme

I think its possible to do it within $10K for feature wall in living (no TV console) ~ $2K, lights for dining ~ $600, wardrobe for mbr ~ $2.4K, 1 designer door ~ $600 each, basin including installation ~ $450 ( chance upon a shop that got this package, designer basin, toilet bowl, designer tap at $330 w/o installation)

the package you mentioned is like really worth!!

Where is the shop??

I think, I will go and took down some pics of the items and post it here, it better to let everyone see it worth not before I post the address, wait some feel not worth it at all, wasted their time going down the shop. :yamseng:

Helo, congrats on your new hse.

Seems like you have a budget constraint..

Have you consider to delay your reno. Meantime perhaps you can just get some cheap furniture n move in

so in future when you are ready to reno, all the furniture can be just throw away.

If you can just refurnish the hse yourself like painting and add in some deco, of cos it will be much cheaper.

My current hse is all using Ikea.. just basic n functional. Once my reno start.. we will dump all away

If you enagaged a ID, package will not include furniture. Most of us here will try to source for our own furniture n stuffs, instead of relay on ID.

The furniture they recommended will not be too affordable anyway.

To be frank, if you count in cost such as furniture (non-ikea) , applicances, aircon it could easily be 8-10k just for furnishing.

And if Reno cost, depends on what you required... kitchen, bathroom? flooring?

It can still be done, but depends on what you need,your wants and condition of your hse.

I too on a tight budget, so I bought my furniture at S&C.

Dunno about the quality, as we choose furniture based on catalog but so far reviews seems good

can only hope for the best.

Custom-made L-shape sofa (2.8m), Tv console, coffee table, dining table w/ 6 chairs and a king size bedframe for $3K

Thanks! Ya super budget.. At first I thought about just furnishing the house myself, paint and get some furnitures.. So I put in more cash upfront and keep some for furnitures only. Now regret.. Should have kept more cash on hand for reno. Dont know why never thought of it in the first place. haha..

Seems like alot of ppl recommend S&C. Will go check it out.. Comparing S&C to Ikea, what's the diff?

I think, I will go and took down some pics of the items and post it here, it better to let everyone see it worth not before I post the address, wait some feel not worth it at all, wasted their time going down the shop. :yamseng:

please do post the pics. maybe can pm me the info? i sure will go to a few to check it out.

not sure where you stay but some introduced s&c(amk) and meng liang(amk)

there was one who did very simple reno and did it for 4.5k only I think.. if i chanced upon it, i'll post here...

oooh, you let them know it's simple renovation and budget about 7k?! but really depends on what you want done... try to get contractors, not IDs cuz they are generally cheaper..

the place is in bukit panjang. know of any good furniture shop nearby?

thanks.. really very curious what can 4.5k get. haha..

actually my livingroom shape is quite weird, thats why thought get a ID. anyways where to get contractors?

Wildarmz, dont regret eh... most importantly you have gt a roof over your head right?

Dont worry , Im super tight budget also can find things i want.. :P

Why dont u work out a list of furniture/applicances you need...

all the cost can rought be estimated.

Then u know what are the cost there.

Next go through what u need to do for reno, can always go for Contractor if you know what u want

more or less, u will know what will know intotal hw much u need to spend vs ur budget.

Then think through, can u live with basic furnishing n wait for 1 major reno

or you prefer to just do now, make everything simple (nothing fancy)

Hmm, S&C items look more like showroom pdts... and choose from Ikea.

so i cant comment about the quality, i dunno... just hope for the best.

Ikea wise, im not willing to spend too much on their items

basic use and throw i dont mind

Wildarms, if you wanted very budget furniture sure have. last time i also bought very budget furniture, i got an sofa, tv console, dinning tables with chairs and coffee table, with laoya 1 whole set bedroom furniture, only costs me around 2 thousand something! u dun believe rite? most of the furniture are bought from furniture clearance warehouse sales, only available at industrial parks that you never heard of. the sofa only $299.00.

tv console around $399.00. dinning tables about $250.00. 2 sets of bedroom furniture with comes with mirror, dressing table and stool, 1 small side table, bedframe and wardrobe. about $599 per set. you can look at the Straits Times every saturday for such great deals, but you cannot expect good quality or very nice designer looking ones. just very plain ones which you can use. Dun go for IKEA stuff, although very cheap, but its not lasting at all. so it wastes money.

Painting you can also still DIY