Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

Me abit blur now.. is glass backsplash and glass backing for the kitchen the same?

Basically I'm refering to the frosted glass kind against the wall btw the worktop and the cabinet, giving the very modern look..

Could this coz more than $1k? Thot it is quite cheap...

the backsplash thing to my understanding is just a pc of glass/stainless steel isnt it.

i enquired abt it, my ID say that piece of glass only $120.

in the end i bought it from Ikea though, with the Imperativ/Asker kitchen railing systems too. All for below $120.

imperativ_stpanel.jpg

Kitchen railings and backsplashes

1) 2 pc of glass 60x45cm $25ea

2) 1 pc of magnetic stainless steel 60x45cm $25ea

3) 2 top and bottom slide railings $19ea

4) 2 boxes of hooks for the railings $5ea

5) 3 magnetic boxes $9.90ea

6) 1 Kitchen roll holder to hook on the railing $15ea

prices are base on wat i can recall. there are other gadgets like dish drainers, wine glass hanger, spice racks to go with this. didnt see this system at Ikea tampines though.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

kayser and mystique_j, do keep us updated on your defect checkings with your TO. Hopefully they are nice and helpful, then if we kena the same TO, then it's easier for us. LOL

hi kayser,

i mean, are they friendly? helpful? ;)

Because rectification go through them, and forumers did advised before, if the TO is good, it does help alot.

I guess our TO would be pretty much the same person, so wonder how's your experience with them?

:jawdrop:

My TO is Jackson, nice guy. even though my hollow tiles not 20% and didnt fulfill the basic percentage to hack, he still allowed it. hehe

eh no... jus that hdb officer said end of aug to enquire and since the notice said all wil be done by 27 aug.. so i guess by Sept shldnt be a problem if we pster right? hehe

ya ya ya... maybe we cn have BBQ at the fan shaped flats there... thats the nearest bbq pit.. or we cn have gathering at someone's plc... muahahaha like albert's :yamseng: or we cn do house hopping!:furious: go each other's plc to check it out.. hee hee hee...

hahaha i jus pm-ed some of u to add me in msn.. which i think a bit duh... cn jus say it here hahahaahahaa ... :unsure: if have msn cn add me ckkh81@hotmail.com

hehe added u too le. house hopping sounds nice! :furious:

My TO is Jackson, nice guy. even though my hollow tiles not 20% and didnt fulfill the basic percentage to hack, he still allowed it. hehe

hehe added u too le. house hopping sounds nice! :yamseng:

Not sure if it's Jackson. But his surname is Seah. Is it the same fella?

i enquired abt it, my ID say that piece of glass only $120.

in the end i bought it from Ikea though, with the Imperativ/Asker kitchen railing systems too. All for below $120.

Ya, I went IKEA oso last weekend to check out their clearance sales. Their glass or s/steel backing i think less than $20 leh.. but the problem is, it is not full coverage, mayb only 3/4.

My ID quoted $1.3k.. he said the glass nits to go thru some special treatment, then spray and nit to do the wood b4 can put the glass.. sigh, nice but so expensive. Dunno want to do or not..

oh yah, the metal gate latch got similar problem also. push down but the latch too short and can't even lock into the floor tile hole. other problems like deep scratches and patch marks on vanity top, leaking WC, poo-stained WC, balcony door unable to slide open fully, rusty window hinges, black-stained floor tiles, rusty magnet door catch at common toilet, cracks on walls, etc .....

Poo-stained? eeeee... we saw our toilet, looks disgusting, dun dare to even open..

dun think i saw crack on walls.. but in between tiles, got abit of hole here and there.. the cement part i think..is dat an issue?

But the toilet doors they gave, i feel abit substd leh.. got creaking sound n feels flimsy!

Kayser, when u starting yr reno? Just bought aircon, thot of asking them to instal during 7mth leh.. coz dun want to delay la..

I think mine oso Seah.. hehe... is there a time limit to submit the defects?

Ya, I went IKEA oso last weekend to check out their clearance sales. Their glass or s/steel backing i think less than $20 leh.. but the problem is, it is not full coverage, mayb only 3/4.

My ID quoted $1.3k.. he said the glass nits to go thru some special treatment, then spray and nit to do the wood b4 can put the glass.. sigh, nice but so expensive. Dunno want to do or not..

Poo-stained? eeeee... we saw our toilet, looks disgusting, dun dare to even open..

dun think i saw crack on walls.. but in between tiles, got abit of hole here and there.. the cement part i think..is dat an issue?

But the toilet doors they gave, i feel abit substd leh.. got creaking sound n feels flimsy!

Kayser, when u starting yr reno? Just bought aircon, thot of asking them to instal during 7mth leh.. coz dun want to delay la..

ikea ah? most likely not tempered leh .... if too close to stove, can be quite dangerous i feel. hope i'm wrong.

sqeeking sound sure have lah ... especially bifold doors. need to put lubricant to reduce the noise lor. Both the WC quite jialat lah .... think will push the TO to change it for me.... absurd man!

most likely start reno in mid or late sept bah ....

:) Hope i get him as my TO then

If not mistaken, HDB always put 3 months for collection of keys. Usually can get abit earlier..

If u want it urgently, can try calling yr office in charge to rush rush. But have to be very patient hor coz can hardly get them. I suggest u call n email oso.. :)

When we booked ours in Apr, they told us 6 mths, worst! But we got it within abt 3 mths+

hmm, yup it wouldnt be full coverage. my distance between the top and bottom cabinet is 60cm, so 45cm with allowances for the railings is enough for me.

Im not sure wat's his surname leh. plump plump one =p

HDB hack for you your toilet tiles orkitchen tiles or living room tiles?

chemie, for your unit, HDB would rehack and relay all tiles in the house, kitchen, balcony, living room, bedrooms, toilets. Toilet bowls changes too, house painted.

There should be somemore (the bros and sis here will feed more info if there's anything that i miss out)

Welcome to Sembawang Homers!!

yeh yeh hear hear! chemie if im nt wrong ur blk wld be one of the last ones to be done... so might have to wait til oct/nov.. earliest end sept bah... hee hee hee...

some of us also been waiting since apr/may so join us in the wait bah.. hee hee hee

Edited by candyprincess

!! Wah cool.. Then do HDB inform you when they hack and retile the flat. If so then I can change the colour of the tile. Don't like pink master toilet and blue common toilet :D

Don't think you'll have the chance/choice to choose. :notti:

:jawdrop: Wah cool.. Then do HDB inform you when they hack and retile the flat. If so then I can change the colour of the tile. Don't like pink master toilet and blue common toilet :yamseng: