Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
koxxic

Any Sembawang Homers?

hvn got any... first time buying house alot of things i don know haha!!. . !! neither hv ANY close friends around my age who bought house so only can get recommendations from elder folks but not much help tho.. just happen that my collegue intro me to renotalk.com then i see some light haha :bangwall:

basically not too complicated reno maybe i list what i tot of doing..

TV console & featured wall

bomb shelter cover

Raise platform at sofa and tv area

Study table/ computer table in study room

shower screen at common bath room

MBR sliding door wardrobe

change of sink for MBR bath cos e 1 given by hdb not so nice

how much u think it will cost? !!

Hi blackapple, welcome to the world of renovation.....

Before you get any quotaton, it is best that you have some idea on mind what you want...

I have studied many ID's package and I realised never have one the same... Either this one don't have MBR feature wall, or that one don't have dining feature wall. So it really depends what you want, what material you want to use.

Shower screen depends on whether you are using temper glass full glass with door and handle, or just one piece of temper glass (1/2 cover) or aluminium sliding door?

Change of sink involved changing tiles on the wall.... (depend on your sink whether is the vanity top that already sticked on the wall or a normal sink)

MBR sliding door also depends on how many feet you are doing....

Study table depends on length of the table too....whether you want cupboards or shelves on top.

This is what I learn when I went to ask for quotation...

We have to read properly what the quotation included when we asked for quotation. Just give you an example... HDB given me a vanity top of 6ft. The package quotation the ID given me is 5ft. I have to top up 1ft difference.

When you do raising up of the sitting room and TV area, rewiring might be involved. (this depends on how low is your SCV cable and electrical point situated)

If you no need to worry about budget, then you can pay accordingly to what has to be altered or changed during the renovation.

For me, I really make sure everything is quoted before I start renovation or else, I don't not where to get the extras M to pay....

So far, my ID has quoted me package $18,000 (include feature wall for TV, console, feature wall for bombshelter, MBR sliding door, vanity top cupboard 5ft, kitchen cabinet post form solid wood, L box for living and dining room. False ceiling for foyer and walkway to bedroom, kerb for kitchen, fridge, washing machine, toilets, etc. When I asked for shower screen, study table, one more cupboard, kitchen to add 2.5 ft, vanity top cabinet (1 more ft) shoe rack at the bombshelther, the price shoot up to $23,000.... ha! ha! I think there will be more....

:dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi bigsister67! ahaha~~~ don know what is the differences between fast reply, add reply, quote +/- thingy..

anyway... hehe not spending too much hopefully like what u can get 18k for reno... thanks for telling me about the mbr bath vanity top cos i din think of it. what hdb given me is the pink vanity top but hen nan kan i don like so tot of want to change to a nice nice 1 but ya lo like u say later need to change the tiles around it when they hack the old 1 away... wan dan~~~ later ++++ sure everything become 20K+++ or even more.. for me i like simple and nice house, material etc all can discuss to see what to use cos i nv come across all these things b4 really got no idea lo, think only till i finally choose my ID then will need them to give comments le. me xiao mei mei alot of things must learn for u all later u all sure vomit blood :dancingqueen:

Edited by blackapple

Hi bigsister67! ahaha~~~ don know what is the differences between fast reply, add reply, quote +/- thingy..

anyway... hehe not spending too much hopefully like what u can get 18k for reno... thanks for telling me about the mbr bath vanity top cos i din think of it. what hdb given me is the pink vanity top but hen nan kan i don like so tot of want to change to a nice nice 1 but ya lo like u say later need to change the tiles around it when they hack the old 1 away... wan dan~~~ later ++++ sure everything become 20K+++ or even more.. for me i like simple and nice house, material etc all can discuss to see what to use cos i nv come across all these things b4 really got no idea lo, think only till i finally choose my ID then will need them to give comments le. btw bigsister67 u really born in the year 67 ah? then u really da jie jie... me xiao mei mei alot of things must learn for u all later u all sure vomit blood :sport-smiley-018:

From what you list.. i think you will need at least 20k for a decent renov.. anything cheaper may mean the workmanship is not that gd.. dun think you wan to go for the lowest quote..

perhaps u wan to take a look at this list of reno contractors compiled by

http://carine-olivia.com/lovenest/index.php/list-of-ids/

I have sent you a pm on contractor contact. Mine is almost half the price of my previous ID quote.

totomaster

can i have contacts as well?

many many thanks...

blk 359B.... btw.. did u find many defects when u first inspect the house?

so far... jus toilet bowls leaking... and bomb shelter door knob cannot be turned properly... thats abt it? the rest we didnt reli notice ba... heh my ID insists the tiles no problem becos his frn did it... :P then our walls nt much tiles ony in the toilet n kitchen so nt worried abt those.. windows also seem to be okie... we opened n tested all... balcony door is very stiff but we gonna remove it.. so no issues there... :bleah:

Dear all.....

I am collecting my key next wednesday!:jawdrop:! happy happy......

finally after waiting for 5 months plus :(

:P:)

wow.. 5 mth plus.. that means i still have a long time to go...

carebear.. care to share what your ID is doing.. and the quotes..??

wow.. 5 mth plus.. that means i still have a long time to go...

carebear.. care to share what your ID is doing.. and the quotes..??

Hi,

I super budget so going to spend less than 10K on reno... 9K plus to be exact.

includes, kitchen (with solid surface), wardrobe, tv console, change pipping and shower kurb plus paint whole hse...

Candy Princess...

Thanks for the info.. so excited i am going to collect my key in 2 days time! :notti:

Congrats!:) We are in the same block 359B. Still waiting for the key. I booked mine in July.

Hi,

I super budget so going to spend less than 10K on reno... 9K plus to be exact.

includes, kitchen (with solid surface), wardrobe, tv console, change pipping and shower kurb plus paint whole hse...

Candy Princess...

Thanks for the info.. so excited i am going to collect my key in 2 days time! :dunno:

From what you list.. i think you will need at least 20k for a decent renov.. anything cheaper may mean the workmanship is not that gd.. dun think you wan to go for the lowest quote..

perhaps u wan to take a look at this list of reno contractors compiled by

http://carine-olivia.com/lovenest/index.php/list-of-ids/

Oh thanks! btw 20k usually means the price will go higher eventually hehe cos usually there will be more things to be added in the quotation.. haha :P

BTW~~~~ im getting key on thur!!!! yeppy~~

so far... jus toilet bowls leaking... and bomb shelter door knob cannot be turned properly... thats abt it? the rest we didnt reli notice ba... heh my ID insists the tiles no problem becos his frn did it... :P then our walls nt much tiles ony in the toilet n kitchen so nt worried abt those.. windows also seem to be okie... we opened n tested all... balcony door is very stiff but we gonna remove it.. so no issues there... :)

sorry ah first time here so want to know when u gotten ur keys right.. there is water supply already? or we need to go apply for water supply to my unit? cos im thinking if there is not water supply then i wont know if the toilet bowls or pipes are leaking !! and also wat are the things to check or maybe u have a cheklist for the inspection u can share with me :P ?

Talking about reno i am still thinking if i should change the wall and floor tiles of the 2 toilets (default by hdb - common toilet is blue tiles with beige sink and tbowl, MBR toilet is pink tiles, tbowl and vanity top). tot of changing to white tiles.. i read through some blogs i found out that some owners don hack away their old tiles instead they lay the new tiles on top. I wonder is it lasting and cheaper to do it this way? how much will it cost anyone can advice? Thanks :P

we went to activate the electricity and water supply on Level 2 of hdb hub. then when we went to our home, we swtiched it on ourselves but i duno where la my hubby n ID do.. hehe... either outside or the box in the kitchen...

we went to activate the electricity and water supply on Level 2 of hdb hub. then when we went to our home, we swtiched it on ourselves but i duno where la my hubby n ID do.. hehe... either outside or the box in the kitchen...

Oh thanks!