Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Babyblue

Converting Toilet To Part Of Kitchen

Anyone converted one of the toilets into part of the kitchen (or others)? Who do we check with whether it can be done or not? Bought our 4rm recently but yet to obtain the keys. Was happy with everything except the kitchen which is really small. That's why thinking of hacking away the main toilet to be part of the kitchen plus sealing up the masterbed room toilet door & open a new one at the other side. we are fine with single toilet since we are not even using the 2nd toilet at our current home.

any comments?

Edited by Babyblue

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Anyone converted one of the toilets into part of the kitchen (or others)? Who do we check with whether it can be done or not? Bought our 4rm recently but yet to obtain the keys. Was happy with everything except the kitchen which is really small. That's why thinking of hacking away the main toilet to be part of the kitchen plus sealing up the masterbed room toilet door & open a new one at the other side. we are fine with single toilet since we are not even using the 2nd toilet at our current home.

any comments?

Seal up the master bedroom toilet? Then in the middle of the night if wanna go toilet still have to go and use the common toilet (so mafan).

Do you have a floor plan? Easier to see from the layout.

not so when u r used to it i guess. it's juz a few steps away anyway. at my parent's place, we even go down to 1st floor to use the toilet at night tho she have 2 toilets on 2nd floor (she don't used it & we r only there once in a while. in order not to inconvi her & make her wash after we left, we refrain from using it.)

floor plan attached . the kitchen is only slightly bigger than my toilet. for someone who do cooking almost everyday, it juz won't do.

layoutplan.jpg

Edited by Babyblue

You will definitely need HDB approval.

Will have to seal sewage pipe/hack wall tiles etc from common bathroom. Pretty messy.

i know it's going to b messy. we r thinking if wanna reno, get it done once & for all. else, don't do anything, juz accept as it is.

my only concern is, is it alrite to hack the toilet wall & make it part of the kitchen? but i guess no one done this b4 since most prefer having the extra toilet & won't get an answer until doc is submitted to HDB for approval. fm my understanding there r certain walls that we can't hack but the toilet wall shouldn't b one of it (hopefully).

haiz.... y built the kitchen so small in the 1st place. citizens here don't do cooking at all? anyway.... else, i hack away the partition at service balcony to extend my kitchen..... seems there is no other places that i can "steal" some space for my kitchen other than the toilet & service balcony.

here's what we r thinking of doing

DOC090714.jpg

but again.. thinking is one thing, able to get it done is another. well, shall see how it goes.... hopefully it work out as we wish for :yamseng:

Edited by Babyblue

do consider your options carefully as it 'might' affect your selling in future. Who knows, the valuation might even be affected since ur unit got 1 loo. The kitchen quite ok la. In fact now most of the DBSS comes with just a 'standing room' kitchen.

maybe u just consider what u need to put place in the kitchen? else u might not need so much space also. but your common toilet if u don wan to use, you might consider to put your washing machine inside instead of hacking the whole thing.