Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
elane1311

A Small Flat For 2 Happy Persons

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hope this time the 'wood picture' is clearer..

DSC00284.jpg

DSC00285.jpg

solid top is up last Sat

DSC00287.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

And a 'dot knock' on my solid top - it's definitely not DUST

DSC00282.jpg

Both the wood pic shown above are plywood with blockboard. It was the previous pic that u shown that I'm more doubted on. Using blockboard is more lightweight, cheaper and easier for the screws to screw on compare to plywood.

Both the wood pic shown above are plywood with blockboard. It was the previous pic that u shown that I'm more doubted on. Using blockboard is more lightweight, cheaper and easier for the screws to screw on compare to plywood.

hi jaskel, how do you tell? which is the blockwood portion, and which is the plywood portion? we were also scratching our heads over it when the carpentry was delivered; cos some looked abit funny. our carpentry is already up, but still interested to know.

elan1311, sorry to hijack ur thread, but this topic is of interest to us too! :o don't wanna to kenna chopped by our ID/contractors.

it's ok..i wana studied too..

blockboard is the centre potion, which is sandwich by 2 plywoods. so it consider as cheaper alternatives to carpenter but not definitely not us! you should insist them using plywood, but i was chatting with my aunty and she knocked some sense to me as i'm paying 100pfr so i can't expect a plywood quality.

it's ok..i wana studied too..

blockboard is the centre potion, which is sandwich by 2 plywoods. so it consider as cheaper alternatives to carpenter but not definitely not us! you should insist them using plywood, but i was chatting with my aunty and she knocked some sense to me as i'm paying 100pfr so i can't expect a plywood quality.

$100pfr should be plywood quality.

hi jaskel, how do you tell? which is the blockwood portion, and which is the plywood portion? we were also scratching our heads over it when the carpentry was delivered; cos some looked abit funny. our carpentry is already up, but still interested to know.

elan1311, sorry to hijack ur thread, but this topic is of interest to us too! :o don't wanna to kenna chopped by our ID/contractors.

If u want to know more about carpentry...u can visit this thread, where I written on about.

www. myhometown .sg/Forum/tabid/84/forumid/22/postid/152671/view/topic/Default.aspx

(delete the space between the .)

Edited by jaskel

SolidPlywood1A.jpg

Layered should be plywood.

thanks. means my id din cheat me.

Initially I have doubts about the wood my id use for my TV feature wall.

but when the TV guy came and mount and drill, say the wood was very hard, and claim my ID uses solid wood,

I kinda feel relieved.

unfortunately, i wasn't given solid wood. I was given blockboard. I went up to check the carpentry last night and spoke to the workers..in the start they dun wish to comment abt the wood, then i kept probing and was told it was blockboard. The workers then add on that the wood is getting more expensive so they have to replace solid wood with blockboard..

i was unhappy but i dunno what to say..maybe i should ask them to give me a 5yrs warranty..

unfortunately, i wasn't given solid wood. I was given blockboard. I went up to check the carpentry last night and spoke to the workers..in the start they dun wish to comment abt the wood, then i kept probing and was told it was blockboard. The workers then add on that the wood is getting more expensive so they have to replace solid wood with blockboard..

i was unhappy but i dunno what to say..maybe i should ask them to give me a 5yrs warranty..

Deduct some $ from your ID, giving u warranty is of no use.