Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
hime

Cave

A little update..

Reno is progressing swiftly! Yeah! can't wait to see the finished product.. No chance to upload photos today though.. perhaps tomorrow night..

Went to view my place late last night with a torch light.. tried to take photos but it turned out horrible cos with torch light ma.. hahaha.. My floor tiles is about 80% completed including the kitchen! and new rubbish chute is up! Mine is oso blue color sticker on the chute.. was hoping to get the pink one that so many of you had.. haha.. actually i think they should start selling chutes with nicer designs.. after all its been donkey years that its still the boring silver color lor.. Maybe can have color stripes on the cover.. maybe i should do some DIY.. buy some small "wall decals" and paste on my chute.. make it nicer? so that i won't look at the plain old silver color and start to imagine there's cockroaches on it.. at least if its colorful, I won't have that disturbing nerve that there might be a cockroach lurking near it.. Eeeeks!

now with tiles and false ceiling done, somehow the house feel much lower in height than before.. going to see my ID to confirm the design for my carpentry.. gonna do just a wardrobe and kitchen cabinets and a small tv console for my cosy area (balcony)..

My kitchen tiles is cream in color and look like laminate flooring but its actually tiles.. so I'm now thinking what color should i use for my work top and the cabinets.. i want to achieve a contrast but i like white color too.. thinking maybe get white color cabinets and for the worktop i just don't know wat color to match with my floor.. :(

Also, thinking about the colors of my walls.. should i just opt for the safer side and paint it all whitish color? or should i play with grey tones on 1 or 2 walls and the rest with whites... Ah..... its very frustrating! :(

Oh everyone, there's the Om warehouse sale this weekend leh! at 16 Taiseng street.. :) Have fun shopping.. Just found out when surfing the net a while ago..

Edited by hime

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
A little update..

Reno is progressing swiftly! Yeah! can't wait to see the finished product.. No chance to upload photos today though.. perhaps tomorrow night..

Went to view my place late last night with a torch light.. tried to take photos but it turned out horrible cos with torch light ma.. hahaha.. My floor tiles is about 80% completed including the kitchen! and new rubbish chute is up! Mine is oso blue color sticker on the chute.. was hoping to get the pink one that so many of you had.. haha.. actually i think they should start selling chutes with nicer designs.. after all its been donkey years that its still the boring silver color lor.. Maybe can have color stripes on the cover.. maybe i should do some DIY.. buy some small "wall decals" and paste on my chute.. make it nicer? so that i won't look at the plain old silver color and start to imagine there's cockroaches on it.. at least if its colorful, I won't have that disturbing nerve that there might be a cockroach lurking near it.. Eeeeks!

now with tiles and false ceiling done, somehow the house feel much lower in height than before.. going to see my ID to confirm the design for my carpentry.. gonna do just a wardrobe and kitchen cabinets and a small tv console for my cosy area (balcony)..

My kitchen tiles is cream in color and look like laminate flooring but its actually tiles.. so I'm now thinking what color should i use for my work top and the cabinets.. i want to achieve a contrast but i like white color too.. thinking maybe get white color cabinets and for the worktop i just don't know wat color to match with my floor.. :(

Also, thinking about the colors of my walls.. should i just opt for the safer side and paint it all whitish color? or should i play with grey tones on 1 or 2 walls and the rest with whites... Ah..... its very frustrating! :(

Oh everyone, there's the Om warehouse sale this weekend leh! at 16 Taiseng street.. :) Have fun shopping.. Just found out when surfing the net a while ago..

Wah gd gd veri fast gong xi gong xi

please take some pics with better lightings if you can hee hee

om warehouse me cannot go leh cos my reno havent start so still cannot buy yet btw any ideas how long can we ask the furniture shop to hold on to our purchase ? :)

Saw your blog.. the layout of your flat very nice leh! And your recess area looks bigger than mine leh, envy envy! :D

I don't have to shift anything out cos previous owner bought the recess area and did the shifting so the only thing i need to shift out is the main door only.

According to the previous owner, it is fire rated door that HDB gave them but my ID say don't have the "sticker" that came with the door leh so not sure if it is.. ID say usually have one.. yours have? Jia lat.. if fire then I will die 1st if its not fire rated.. :o hahahaha..

Thanks. Your layout is also :good: and squarish. :D

Actually, my recess area look small in real. You are so lucky to escape the application process. We will be changing the main door and gate so requested our contractor to provide fire-rated door. The door is not installed yet, so cant check if there is any sticker/marking. But I also read somewhere about the sticker for certification for fire-rated doors, not sure if its true.

dunno wat happen, kena kicked out and lost my reply! Need to ba late type again! :(

Busy lately... no time to update.. reno progressing smoothly..thankfully! Its taking shape and we're very excited for the completion!

False wall is done up and painted, door oso painted.. feel the door a bit small but a new and bigger fire rated door is a bit expensive lor.. so just make do first.. :)

2908MainDoor.jpg

foyer tiles laid

2908foyer.jpg

remember the ugly pipes behind the main door?

2DRmoved.jpg

now boxed up! yeah.. glad we decided to box up instead of paint the pipes.. think we might buy a nice artwork to hang there, and a nice "bowl" to put keys and letters! :)

2908pipeboxup.jpg

Fittings arrived too! So happy! Homeplus was really nice.. the toilet bowl was supposed to be delivered by the agent early afternoon but we waited very long and no one came.. They were very angry with the agent and helped us call and chase a couple of times! very nice of them. :)

Hob and hood oso arrived! happy lor!

2908toiletfittings.jpg

2908fittings.jpg

Edited by hime

air con was up on monday too! and frames for our glass panels are all up.. :)

The PD door for our common toilet is oso ready! so excited.. :)

Anyone knows where can get white white tv console for less than 500? Very difficult to find white white one... wan to get glass one but don't think have ba..

air con was up on monday too! and frames for our glass panels are all up.. :)

The PD door for our common toilet is oso ready! so excited.. :)

Anyone knows where can get white white tv console for less than 500? Very difficult to find white white one... wan to get glass one but don't think have ba..

Well it depends on how big would you want your tv console cos I saw 1 glass with metal legs at v hive selling at $369 not sure if that's the one you like

http://www.vhive.com.sg/listing.php?cat_p=...c=32&from=3

nice lightings you have.

Did you do an overhaul? the new look is so much nicer. Money well spent.

Oh yah, that box up of the pipe at the recess area, well done, indeed much nicer than those ugly pipes. :D