Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
spearhawk

Jason Goh From U And B Design And Renovation

Any kind soul out there,

Please advise the steps to take .. reported the U&B case (FXXXXXXX) to CASE. She replied to CASE that she didnt returned to the office at Sungei Kadut for more than 2 months.. thus will reply by 26 May .. Let keep our fingers crossed...

Also informed CASE that she called us to demand balance payment .. think should really go to small claim to claim for compensation .. haiz .. Just suay to bump into this kind of "insane" woman...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi All,

We are one of the victim too. Here is some history of our case.

We met Jason from U & B renovation through web link - http://ubreno.blogspot.com/. Whereby, there are quite a good respond from previous flat owner whom had deal with them. Therefore, we have decided to select U & B renovation to be our contractor. He promised that our flat renovation would be completed in mid of March when we signed the contract on 30th January 2010. A 40% upfront was paid on 3rd February 2010.

The first start work started on 08th February 2010. So far what they have done for us as follow:

1) Hack floor and wall tiles

2) Supply and lay wall tiles

3) Supply and lay floor tiles

4) Supply and construct 2” base tiles for kitchen

5) Supply and install stainless steel rubbish chute

6) Supply and install plastering

The whole renovation has yet to be completed from what Jason initially promised us. Jason ran away and no longer worked in U & B renovation on March. We knew it from his blog since his phone was not contactable.

Hence, his wife Tan Lee Huang Florence took over my renovation case. When we questioned the completion date, she promised to have it done by mid of April. Second payment requested of $7k was paid to U and B design and Renovation. Total of 70% the signed contract amount of SGD $16,134 paid to U and B Design and the completed work was only about 50% only.

When the date near to mid of April, we keep on rushing her for the renovation. Somehow she refused or purposely not answering our call. Here is the record I had with her:

21st April 2010 – Called 10 times to Florence (90274161) at around 7PM but no answered. Leave her a SMS for her to return call. Waited till the next morning, She said her phone was left somewhere when I called her again.

24th April 2010 – Made a call to her in the afternoon 3pm, she said that she was busy at the moment. She promised to call back later, however no call was returned. I called her again at 11pm, but no pick up.

25th April 2010 – Called her more than 10 times, still no answered. Leave her a SMS to request a call back discuss about this. But there is still no reply.

29th April 2010 - We met up and talked about the arrangement. She promised to finish by 07th May and signed black and white paper from her. At this stage, we paid her 3k which in total of 19k.

07th May 2010 - Reno work still not being done; kitchen top, carpentry door and touch up of plastering and painting.

15th May 2010 - As we were renting outside, we had to move in but leave no choice of the same status as of 07th May 2010. At least, she asked her worker to clean up a bit.

17-18th May 2010 - She sent only one uncle with her driver to do some touch up work like installing cloth hanger, shower, and painting. Seems like she only has one uncle to help out the work which been very slow in progress. Florence asked for 2k payment for the carpentry door and kitchen top need to pay for her supplier. We refused to give and demand for carpentry being done before proceeding further.

19th May 2010 - Called her to fix the washing machine pipe which control the disposed water. She asked for further payment again, she hang up the phone after we refused to pay her until the job being done.

We are going to seek help from CASE and report to Small Claims Tribunals. For people who has gone through the pain with FLORENCE TAN Lee Huang, could you advice the best solution go over this case?

Last but not least, BEWARE of Her, do not trust her for your renovation work!

Name: Tan Lee Huang Florence

U&B DESIGN and RENOVATIONS COMPANY at 68 Sungei Kadut Street 1 Singapore 729352

HDB License No: HB 07-3395D

another victim .. :(

this lady is really very jialat .. cheating us of our hard-earned money !!!

Please gather all the victims of U&B to see that justice is being carried!!

Hi All,

We are one of the victim too. Here is some history of our case.

We met Jason from U & B renovation through web link - http://ubreno.blogspot.com/. Whereby, there are quite a good respond from previous flat owner whom had deal with them. Therefore, we have decided to select U & B renovation to be our contractor. He promised that our flat renovation would be completed in mid of March when we signed the contract on 30th January 2010. A 40% upfront was paid on 3rd February 2010.

The first start work started on 08th February 2010. So far what they have done for us as follow:

1) Hack floor and wall tiles

2) Supply and lay wall tiles

3) Supply and lay floor tiles

4) Supply and construct 2” base tiles for kitchen

5) Supply and install stainless steel rubbish chute

6) Supply and install plastering

The whole renovation has yet to be completed from what Jason initially promised us. Jason ran away and no longer worked in U & B renovation on March. We knew it from his blog since his phone was not contactable.

Hence, his wife Tan Lee Huang Florence took over my renovation case. When we questioned the completion date, she promised to have it done by mid of April. Second payment requested of $7k was paid to U and B design and Renovation. Total of 70% the signed contract amount of SGD $16,134 paid to U and B Design and the completed work was only about 50% only.

When the date near to mid of April, we keep on rushing her for the renovation. Somehow she refused or purposely not answering our call. Here is the record I had with her:

21st April 2010 – Called 10 times to Florence (90274161) at around 7PM but no answered. Leave her a SMS for her to return call. Waited till the next morning, She said her phone was left somewhere when I called her again.

24th April 2010 – Made a call to her in the afternoon 3pm, she said that she was busy at the moment. She promised to call back later, however no call was returned. I called her again at 11pm, but no pick up.

25th April 2010 – Called her more than 10 times, still no answered. Leave her a SMS to request a call back discuss about this. But there is still no reply.

29th April 2010 - We met up and talked about the arrangement. She promised to finish by 07th May and signed black and white paper from her. At this stage, we paid her 3k which in total of 19k.

07th May 2010 - Reno work still not being done; kitchen top, carpentry door and touch up of plastering and painting.

15th May 2010 - As we were renting outside, we had to move in but leave no choice of the same status as of 07th May 2010. At least, she asked her worker to clean up a bit.

17-18th May 2010 - She sent only one uncle with her driver to do some touch up work like installing cloth hanger, shower, and painting. Seems like she only has one uncle to help out the work which been very slow in progress. Florence asked for 2k payment for the carpentry door and kitchen top need to pay for her supplier. We refused to give and demand for carpentry being done before proceeding further.

19th May 2010 - Called her to fix the washing machine pipe which control the disposed water. She asked for further payment again, she hang up the phone after we refused to pay her until the job being done.

We are going to seek help from CASE and report to Small Claims Tribunals. For people who has gone through the pain with FLORENCE TAN Lee Huang, could you advice the best solution go over this case?

Last but not least, BEWARE of Her, do not trust her for your renovation work!

Name: Tan Lee Huang Florence

U&B DESIGN and RENOVATIONS COMPANY at 68 Sungei Kadut Street 1 Singapore 729352

HDB License No: HB 07-3395D

She wont be able to finish your work on time .. even if she finished, it is not a job well-done .. at least not up to our satisfaction.. just like us .. she MIA for nearly two months despite CASE kept calling & sending letters to her!!! Then now she replied ..

She wont be able to finish your work on time .. even if she finished, it is not a job well-done .. at least not up to our satisfaction.. just like us .. she MIA for nearly two months despite CASE kept calling & sending letters to her!!! Then now she replied ..

i think all victims should gathered one fine day and report this fraud case to the police. At the same time, complaint to HDB to get her HDB license revoked. Even we cannot get back our $$, make sure she went bankrupt.

I've just submitted an online CASE against U&B. Intend to visit CASE tomorrow or over the weekend with my supporting documents. For those who reported may I know who is your handling officer?

At this point from what i gather affected victims who had reported to CASE are:

rainbowguy

someone

Jstar_closet (myself)...any others? Have not heard from victim100 thus do not know what is his/her status?

I'm ok with jointly filing a police report.

After CASE will proceed to small claims, SPF & issue a lawyer's letter. Yes, i do have 2 of her mobile numbers but you need to call either 1 whole day/>10 times, sometimes Florence answer, sometimes she only sms. Wow! she owe suppliers i was told by my newly appointed id that big companies can force her to file for bankruptcy.

POF: how you came to know she also owe suppliers?

wow this is scary, it's been so long since jason and now it's florence too?

I've just submitted an online CASE against U&B. Intend to visit CASE tomorrow or over the weekend with my supporting documents. For those who reported may I know who is your handling officer?

rainbowguy

someone

Jstar_closet (myself)...any others? Have not heard from victim100 thus do not know what is his/her status?

After CASE will proceed to small claims, SPF & issue a lawyer's letter. Yes, i do have 2 of her mobile numbers but you need to call either 1 whole day/>10 times, sometimes Florence answer, sometimes she only sms. Wow! she owe suppliers i was told by my newly appointed id that big companies can force her to file for bankruptcy.

Sorry for not noticing this thread till now as I'm very busy rushing to complete my reno with my new contractor after what the two cheaters did, anyway Jstar_closet my handling officer is Eric Yue but think is different from rainbowguy but should you requires our case ref no, just pm us.

FYI, both me and RG have decided to file a report to SCT by end of this month, so we would gladly welcome anyone who would like to join us to either make a police report or SCT. Seriously even if I'm unable to get back my money, I would not like to see Florence carry on cheating other innocent victims money. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Edited by coffee_o

rainbowguy

someone

Life have to carry on even they ran off... What can i do? I can only find sub-cons and compare prices and carry on with whatever is leftover. Those sub cons will sure ask what happened? Why are you doing this yourself? After bitching for sometimes, their eyes will be brighten and said, "Oh... U&B!!! They owe me $$$!!!"

rainbowguy

someone

Look for Dove28, she also one of the victim.

Here's an update. I went to CASE & spoke to the officer whom I told about the 7 weeks wait, etc she told me I can go straight ahead to sct. SPF is more of filing a report & if 10 or more victims then spf will investigate & action against them. Will call tomorrow to check with sct if it helps if it is a joint effort, for spf definitely.

Here's the list of pple going for sct/spf:

rainbowguy (am contacting RG see if he has gone to sct/spf)

someone

Jstar_closet

coffee_o

Pls let me know if you wish to do a joint filing of report so i can add on to the list.

Edited by Jstar_closet

Here's an update. I went to CASE & spoke to the officer whom I told about the 7 weeks wait, etc she told me I can go straight ahead to sct. SPF is more of filing a report & if 10 or more victims then spf will investigate & action against them. Will call tomorrow to check with sct if it helps if it is a joint effort, for spf definitely.

For those who are currently not staying at their unit PLS TAKE NOTE:

went to my unit today, the chain lock provided by Florence was superglued thus making us not able to access our unit. We filed a police report & they helped to cut open the chain. Fortunately, no damage/vadalism was done to our unit after checks tog with the police officers. The police officers (2 young guys) said we got no evidence against them as chain lock code can easily break. Of cos, we all know it's her workers (sub-con) since base on the above info i gather they have no $$$ to probably even pay her workers. We have since replaced with our own YALE lock. Thus I advise it's useless to wait for any work to be done (imagine painting even after a month is still not done).

My ID mentioned these are usually done by ceiling workers, electrician, etc guys, as they're more rough people.

Here's the list of pple going for sct/spf:

rainbowguy (am contacting RG see if he has gone to sct/spf)

someone

Jstar_closet

coffee_o

Pls let me know if you wish to do a joint filing of report so i can add on to the list.

Remember there was a newspaper article i mentioned earlier of the gate was being removed by the sub-con due to late payment??

Remember there was a newspaper article i mentioned earlier of the gate was being removed by the sub-con due to late payment??

Yes....I remembered....and at least 3 articles on mar & april on contractors...