Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
natgw

3a Resale In Tampines

hey natgw, if u do go ahead to engage a PE, they have the authority to refer to the building blueprints from HDB, subject to your approval.

based on our experience, we were given a letter of authorization to sign, stating that in the event tt HDB did not allow our beam to be hacked, the PE could refer to those blueprints.

our appeal went up all the way to the Building Quality Department, because the demolitian was initially approved, then revoked. so if u really wanna go ahead and try, do ensure that the PE ur ID engages does all the necessary groundwork, and that they do provide the relevant documentation

below is the exerpt from the rejection letter they sent us: (:( sad)

"We were informed that HDB's position is that there was a RC beam of 150x500 above the balcony and this beam, is not a normal hanger and is not

allowed to be hacked."

"We attach the plan to show the detail of the beam for your record. In brief, all work submitted by the contractor will proceed accordingly except this beam CANNOT be hacked."

thanks for the advise.. much appreciated.. :)

but i guess i'm giving up on it already.. called that Dy Director for housing maintenance today who was appointed by the CEO to investigate my case. he mentioned that he has already liase with the branch head for tampines and after refering to their own PEs and drawings of the building, the store room really cannot be hacked. he said if its a non-load-bearing RC wall, he would have given us the go ahead. but the fact is that the walls for the store room is load-bearing ones. which left them no choice but to reject. i asked if i could engage my own PE to evaluate and calculate then endorse docs to HDB to approve for hacking, but told me not to waste the money. he told me that i could engage my own PE, but dont pay them first to evaluate. main purpose is to ask the PE just see the walls first and give further advice.

i called my ID and told him abt this.. explained to him that they found out my blk is a fully prefabricated blk, and the walls located at the store room is actually load-bearing RC walls. he said his PE was checking with tamp branch office at the same time, so he told me he will call his PE to update and get back to me.

true enough, after checking with the PE and getting him to see the walls. even my ID's PE told him that there's no way for us to hack away the walls without affecting the integrity of the building if its a load-bearing RC wall. PE said that the walls of this store room is actually a long and huge pillar acting as a support for the whole building. which means the walls at connected from the bottom to top of the whole building.

to me.. if HDB is just trying to inflexible with their rules, i will try to push it and fight my way through. but since even PE confirmed that hacking of load-bearing store room cannot be hack, i guess i just have to live with it and see how my ID can redesign the house with the store room there. :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

went to check and update on reno process today after work.

basically, windows for whole unit is changed. using white powered coated windows with light blue tinted glass for all windows.

wrought iron window grilles will be installed for bedroom 2 and living room only. MBR and kitchen will be window grille-free. anyway grilles are not up yet.

time for more pictures. =)

please feel free to comment. thanks for viewing!

dsc7379.jpg

sliding windows for bedroom 2

dsc7410.jpg

view from common corridor

dsc7386.jpg

dsc7394.jpg

casement windows for kitchen

dsc7381.jpg

more sand in the kitchen now.

Edited by natgw

floor tiling for both bedrooms completed! :D

dsc7397.jpg

casement window for MBR

dsc7398.jpg

a closer view of it

dsc7393.jpg

louver window for both toilet done as well.

dsc7402.jpg

view from MBR.

dsc7389.jpg

wall tiles for common toilet with mosiac added now.

dsc7404.jpg

wall tiles for MBR toilet with mosiac added now.

dsc7405.jpg

another view.

dsc7407.jpg

view of sliding window panels of living room from common corridor.

anyway saw that they are using those common white plastic-made water drainage cover for both toilets. smsed Roy to ask for stainless steel ones and he said will inform his men to get it changed tomorrow. hehehehe. he's so ever accommodating and will try to squeeze in whatever he could. ID will be going overseas this weekend. next weekend its time to go shopping for sanitary wares with him!

Edited by natgw

Wah I wanted to change my windows to WPC with blue tinted glass too

But thus far have no pic for me to see and I can only visualise if it looks nice.

You're the first to let me use my eyes instead of my imagination to see hahahaah

So happy that it looks really nice :)

3D drawings...

but some not applicable anymore due to the storeroom.. :(

in0960foyerview001aamed.jpg

7ft suspended shoe cabinet with seattee

in0960livinghall002aame.jpg

living/dinning area. not applicable anymore as dinning area is now a storeroom. (._.")

in0960kitchenview001aam.jpg

kitchen.. not the correct choice of colours. gonna be using black work top with white cabinets instead.

in0960kitchenview002aam.jpg

full ht storage cabinet on the other side of kitchen. not doing already though.

supposed to replace the storeroom for storage of bulky items but well... the storeroom is there

to stay for now. so no point spending the extra money on this.

seems quiet here.. i guess not much people is interest in my ugly reno... :(

tiling for the steps outside main door partially done.

dsc7411.jpg

pebbles for foyer area done as well.

dsc7413.jpg

tiling for living room completed as well. currently left with tiling for kitchen and skirting for MBR. =)

dsc7416b.jpg

tiling for storeroom completed.

dsc7418.jpg

Edited by natgw

ur reno is definitely not ugly, haha. there r more pp reading ur blog than you think, just that we're not posting.

has your ID come up with alternative designs for the living room, now that the storeroom cannot be removed?

ur reno is definitely not ugly, haha. there r more pp reading ur blog than you think, just that we're not posting.

has your ID come up with alternative designs for the living room, now that the storeroom cannot be removed?

not at the moment... ID went for short weekend getaway with his wife and kids. will be back on wed i think..

well, he deserves a good break.. haha. so i'll speak to him regarding the new designs with the storeroom ard.. since will be meeting him 1 week later to buy our sanitary wares. :)

not at the moment... ID went for short weekend getaway with his wife and kids. will be back on wed i think..

well, he deserves a good break.. haha. so i'll speak to him regarding the new designs with the storeroom ard.. since will be meeting him 1 week later to buy our sanitary wares. :)

:thumbs up: that is one of the more exciting aspects... choosing the stuff around the house, tho' pocket will hurt after that.

do enjoy the shopping next week man

:thumbs up: that is one of the more exciting aspects... choosing the stuff around the house, tho' pocket will hurt after that.

do enjoy the shopping next week man

yea.. will update our purchases here!

Hi

Noted that there is some issue with the hacking of wall at your flat.

Did you engage the PE before going to HDB?

Coz I am also thinking of hacking my new hse but not sure if HDB will allow.