Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
makuk

Can Move Stuff In During 7th Month But Not Physically Yet?

Hi,

I've bought a place in the same block which I've been renting for the last 5+ years. Currently staying on the 19th floor, moving to the 16th floor. So I will not be engaging a mover.

Currently renovation is progressing and will go on throughout the 7th month. It's a major reno where nothing is left untouched including piping, flooring, electrical, plumbing etc. So it's planned to be completed around 14th Sept and I'm planning to move in on the 19th Sept (1st Day of 8th month). (I think it should be a good day because it's the 1st of the month??)... Any comments on this?

Since I'm living in the same block I'm planning to slowly move thing down to my new place bit by bit after all the major reno stuff is completed. This coincides with the 7th month so I'm not sure if this is "allowed" in fs terms. According to my colleague she says it's ok to move new stuff (i.e. new deliveries) and old stuff such as sofa set, cupboards etc. But do not move things that represents "living" such as old pots and pans and old clothes etc. I've never heard of this rule and so I am asking any gurus or pax who has heard anything like this. Also I would like to hear your advice/comments!

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

i heard we're able to move belongings on days which are stipulated to be good for moving - 入宅

even during the 7th month, there are good days.

however, stuff like stove installation, bed moving/positioning - better done before 7th lunar month, or after

Hi,

I've bought a place in the same block which I've been renting for the last 5+ years. Currently staying on the 19th floor, moving to the 16th floor. So I will not be engaging a mover.

Currently renovation is progressing and will go on throughout the 7th month. It's a major reno where nothing is left untouched including piping, flooring, electrical, plumbing etc. So it's planned to be completed around 14th Sept and I'm planning to move in on the 19th Sept (1st Day of 8th month). (I think it should be a good day because it's the 1st of the month??)... Any comments on this?

Since I'm living in the same block I'm planning to slowly move thing down to my new place bit by bit after all the major reno stuff is completed. This coincides with the 7th month so I'm not sure if this is "allowed" in fs terms. According to my colleague she says it's ok to move new stuff (i.e. new deliveries) and old stuff such as sofa set, cupboards etc. But do not move things that represents "living" such as old pots and pans and old clothes etc. I've never heard of this rule and so I am asking any gurus or pax who has heard anything like this. Also I would like to hear your advice/comments!

Thanks!

I'm thinking about 'living thing' being moved from the womb should be same category? Ask your colleague what's the rational behind? Maybe there's some good reason behind. Personally, I don't think or read before anything wrong with that.

Hi,

Thanks!

I have asked Fengshui masters before. Mostly say not a problem, 7th month is not a bad month in fengshui perspective. logically speaking they seem to hv a point. probably 7th month cannot move or renovate probably more a myth.

http://fengshuiforward.com/326/taboo-to-mo...nese-7th-month/

but of course, there are 1 or 2 masters that try to make it like they got spiritual knowledge that 7th month not good.

Hi,

Thanks!

Some update from my colleague who asked her FSM.

1) Cannot move used mattresses, pillows, bolsters etc before moving in officially

2) Cannot move any old utensils, and pots and pans etc

3) Cannot cook at new place before moving in officially

Other than the above everything is ok.

Also thanks to all for comments and replies so far!