Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Vanity Top & Shower Screen

Hi all,

We will be collecting our unit (resale) sometime between end of the year amd Feb '09. We got a renovation company that is listed in HDB website but we felt that certain items may be priced unreasonably.

- vanity cabinet (5ft full height) = $1440.00

- vanity cabinet (3ft) = $840.00

- 2 x shower screens = $900.00

Can anyone advice the pros and cons if we were to opt out the above 3 items from the package and get another renovation company (if we can get a lower quotation) to do up our 2 toilets ? Are shower screens that expensive ?

BTW was the quotation above reasonable ? For master bedroom, we wanted a simple vanity top with suspended cabinets below the sink, full width mirror (5ft) and cabinets above the mirror. Same concept will be used for the common toilet.

Pls advice. Thank you :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

We will be collecting our unit (resale) sometime between end of the year amd Feb '09. We got a renovation company that is listed in HDB website but we felt that certain items may be priced unreasonably.

Can anyone advice the pros and cons if we were to opt out the above 3 items from the package and get another renovation company (if we can get a lower quotation) to do up our 2 toilets ? Are shower screens that expensive ?

BTW was the quotation above reasonable ? For master bedroom, we wanted a simple vanity top with suspended cabinets below the sink, full width mirror (5ft) and cabinets above the mirror. Same concept will be used for the common toilet.

hi,

is ur vanity top come with solid surface?

hi,

is ur vanity top come with solid surface?

Nothing was mentioned about the material of the vanity top yet. If it is solid surface, does the price reflects the material mentioned ?

comment on the shower screen.

Yes, it is that expensive. actually $450x2 belongs to those ordinary, probably brandless de, but of coz still tempered glass. But glass thickness determines the price. Taking into account the contractor added in some profit margin himself, probably will be super lousy de.

Yes, u can take out the shower screen and directly source for contractor. but price is still abt there. Good thing is that u can do that ANYTIME u like, no hurry.

Hi all,

Vanity top seem like not included inside (in black & white) so it maybe a hidden cost to u.

comment on the shower screen.

Yes, it is that expensive. actually $450x2 belongs to those ordinary, probably brandless de, but of coz still tempered glass. But glass thickness determines the price. Taking into account the contractor added in some profit margin himself, probably will be super lousy de.

Yes, u can take out the shower screen and directly source for contractor. but price is still abt there. Good thing is that u can do that ANYTIME u like, no hurry.

Hi HiHiHi,

Hmm it is that expensive huh ? Okie at least we know the price range. Since the price is abt the same if we were to source out another contractor to do the shower screen, might as well we do it with the current contractor huh ? One time dirty the house, one time clean the house.

Vanity top seem like not included inside (in black & white) so it maybe a hidden cost to u.

Hi jaskel,

Eeh ? There is such a situation where contractor gave customers quotation of vanity set w/o the vanity top itslef ?? Oh no that means we have to check with our contractor again for more details :( *argh*

Nothing was mentioned about the material of the vanity top yet. If it is solid surface, does the price reflects the material mentioned ?

coz they nv wrote in black and write, worry that will be additional cost for that on top of the quotation they given.

Base on the quotation for my hse given by my contactor, the price roughly will be like that ba.

vanity cabinet 5ft full height with solid surface and included mirror - 1350

vanity low cabinet 3ft with solid surface - 550

shower screen 2 nos- 760.

coz they nv wrote in black and write, worry that will be additional cost for that on top of the quotation they given.

Base on the quotation for my hse given by my contactor, the price roughly will be like that ba.

vanity cabinet 5ft full height with solid surface and included mirror - 1350

vanity low cabinet 3ft with solid surface - 550

shower screen 2 nos- 760.

Thx for ur comments ... hmm ur 5ft full height cabinet + mirror + solid surface quite cheap ah. 2 shower screens for $760 only ? Sliding / pull-push type ? 10mm thick ?

BTW wen u did ur renovation ?

Hi HiHiHi,

Hmm it is that expensive huh ? Okie at least we know the price range. Since the price is abt the same if we were to source out another contractor to do the shower screen, might as well we do it with the current contractor huh ? One time dirty the house, one time clean the house.

actually not true. As I said, shower screen can do anytime without much hassle at all. It can be done in a few hours time.

If you let contractor do, they'll add in own profit margin coz they also sub out to shower screen contractor to do (who run errants for you for FOC?). Even if the price remained the same, the thickness of glass you get will be thinner. Pple wants thicker glass for lesser risk of shatter.

Thx for ur comments ... hmm ur 5ft full height cabinet + mirror + solid surface quite cheap ah. 2 shower screens for $760 only ? Sliding / pull-push type ? 10mm thick ?

BTW wen u did ur renovation ?

i think it quite competitive for the pricing. the shower screen is an 10mm clear tempered glass pull-push type.

completed abt 2 month ago ler..

but so sad can't enjoy staying in my new renovated hse, coz posted to oversea... :(

i think it quite competitive for the pricing. the shower screen is an 10mm clear tempered glass pull-push type.

completed abt 2 month ago ler..

but so sad can't enjoy staying in my new renovated hse, coz posted to oversea... :(

Aiyo den u cant enjoy ur new hse ?? Hope ur posting wont be too long ... btw which renovation company u used for ur toilets ?

Aiyo den u cant enjoy ur new hse ?? Hope ur posting wont be too long ... btw which renovation company u used for ur toilets ?

yup.. no choice.. money more impt... haha...

primework solution. if u interested i can pm u his nos and get an quote from them.

anyway no harm to get more quote to compare... haha.. i use to do that as well... :P