Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ynove

What Aircon For 5rm Living Room?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
What size/power aircon should I get for my 5-rm living room in Sengkang? What brand would you recommend?

It's a 110sqm flat.

I would suggested you install inverter system 3 x 9,000BTU for all the 3 rooms and non-inverter 1 x 24,000 btu living hall.

Thus you required 2 compressor sitting side by side at the ledge.

For brand of air-con, you can choose MHI, Mitsu Elec, Toshiba and etc.... in fact it is a feel from you

Edited by alphakim

Why should living room have non-inverter? I thought inverter saves more electricity?

I would suggested you install inverter system 3 x 9,000BTU for all the 3 rooms and non-inverter 1 x 24,000 btu living hall.

Thus you required 2 compressor sitting side by side at the ledge.

For brand of air-con, you can choose MHI, Mitsu Elec, Toshiba and etc.... in fact it is a feel from you

Hi, I would suggest

1) 1 unit of system 3 (2x common room + 1x hall)

2) 1unit of system 2 (1x master bedroom + 1x hall)

3) Non inverter is recommended

4) Inverter air con is more expensive when purchase

5) Inverter air con spare part is more expensive when replace

Thank you,

best regards.

Why should living room have non-inverter? I thought inverter saves more electricity?

For me, I would not switch on the air-con in the living hall daily. It is only when the weather is warm or guest is being invited to my home. So non-inverter is good enough.

Maybe for others, they switch on daily so inverter to them is more energy efficient.

Edited by alphakim

Hi, I had the same question as well. Except, we recently purchased a resale flat in Redhill and the unit comes with 3 aircon in all 3 rooms. We intend to fix one in the hall but I'm starting to worry on the amount of work and money to be spent on the piping and fixing an aircon in the living room. The flat is 8 years old.

We're not familiar if this is possible - can anyone share?

What brand would you guys recommend for air-con?

Not sure if I should replace the existing system 3 air con units in master-bedroom and 2 common rooms. The resale flat is about 7 years old already, which means the air con is just as old.

Should I get more mileage out of the existing air con units, which are still working well?

Or should I get them all changed now during my reno, so that I save the hassle after I've moved in, for the years ahead?

I am keeping the old ACs for my 9yr resale flat(SengKang 258) since they are working fine.

Dont have budget to change.

I have 3 units for each room and 2 units for living.

I have no idea how big an endeavour it is to change all AC units once you've started living in an apartment.

Is it a huge hassle to replace all AC units after we've moved in for a couple of years?

I am keeping the old ACs for my 9yr resale flat(SengKang 258) since they are working fine.

Dont have budget to change.

I have 3 units for each room and 2 units for living.

Hi all,

I can recommend u my contractor to install air con .. Please go to www.geocool.weebly.com and find out more.

Best Regards,

Kelv

I have no idea how big an endeavour it is to change all AC units once you've started living in an apartment.

Is it a huge hassle to replace all AC units after we've moved in for a couple of years?

No need to worry about piping and trunking as the existing ones can be reuse... this will help u to save the cost of installation of new A/C units...

Definitely,with all the drillings and if yours is concealed piping,might have to tear some structures if your old pipings is hidden behind wardrobe.

You have to take note how many years the AC units have been installed. If the units have been there for more than 7 or 8 years,you might want to consider changing the pipings,insulations and do a new overall installation of your new system. In case, 1,2 or 3 years down the road,your NEW AC units don't give you any trouble but the old pipings you want to save earlier on started to leak or other problems happen, you will have a big headache then.

You will have alot of inconvenience and might incur more cost- damages to your furnishing etc.