Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
czq82

Handover Condition

Hi,

Would like to find out, what is the correct handover procdure like for a home once house is complete,

Should the contractor clean up the cement left behind after they touch up the grooves for tiles? As for the tiles with cement stains how to get rid of them? The grooves was redone as it was not acceptable as the color powder is in patches for the tile grooves.

Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

they must clean up the whole place for u. remove all cement and paint stains and if need be polish up the tiles etc.

they must clean up the whole place for u. remove all cement and paint stains and if need be polish up the tiles etc.

Thanks, at first my contrator do not want to do it, as i asked them to redo the groove for tiles, this mean the contrator i engage is no gd, i still have to sweep the dust myself.... Haiz, kena con liao.

Thanks, at first my contrator do not want to do it, as i asked them to redo the groove for tiles, this mean the contrator i engage is no gd, i still have to sweep the dust myself.... Haiz, kena con liao.

of course they must hand over the house to you in clean tip-top position, or else you dun pay them the balance 10% money. have u paid oredi?

actually we would also like to know the way its done.

are rectifications done b4 or after the handover? our ID told us the house would be ready for handover tomorrow ;)

he said he would pass us the key and lock it so no one else would be able to go in.

so we start looking for defects after tt, get them to do rectifications, then when we're finally happy with everything, then pay up the last payment?

of course they must hand over the house to you in clean tip-top position, or else you dun pay them the balance 10% money. have u paid oredi?

Nope have not paid, angry thing is the contraot dun even to bother me anymore,then i went down to the shop on thurs then he said will do one, Since the last we tok over the phone on monday. Have anybody approach CASE?? What are the steps? Does it help? The contrator attitude changed immediate after u paidup to 90% of the money......

Nope have not paid, angry thing is the contraot dun even to bother me anymore,then i went down to the shop on thurs then he said will do one, Since the last we tok over the phone on monday. Have anybody approach CASE?? What are the steps? Does it help? The contrator attitude changed immediate after u paidup to 90% of the money......

Nothing much u can do, post the company name here and pics of the defect. Then delay the balance payment of the 10% payment till they clear up all the recitification works, stand firm. This is SG, no worries.

how can like that huh? i dun tink CASE will be anyhelp. how about tinking of complaining to HDB instead? dun tell me if last 10% they also dun wan to collect?

actually we would also like to know the way its done.

are rectifications done b4 or after the handover? our ID told us the house would be ready for handover tomorrow ;)

he said he would pass us the key and lock it so no one else would be able to go in.

so we start looking for defects after tt, get them to do rectifications, then when we're finally happy with everything, then pay up the last payment?

of course the rectifications must be done before the hse HO to you. but in some cases where the contractor are unable to do it, after the House HO also can...if your contractor is the honest type leh. you must make sure the house flooring is clean and free of dirt, dust, debris, window grilles everypart wiped. and you must check your piping, wall, hob and hood, toilet is it working or not becoz sometimes workers may spoilt the thing and you may not know

of course the rectifications must be done before the hse HO to you. but in some cases where the contractor are unable to do it, after the House HO also can...if your contractor is the honest type leh. you must make sure the house flooring is clean and free of dirt, dust, debris, window grilles everypart wiped. and you must check your piping, wall, hob and hood, toilet is it working or not becoz sometimes workers may spoilt the thing and you may not know

Thanks to all the comment, went hdb website to read liao, they cannot do anything, and indicate any dispute settle with contractor ourself, as for the company name will not post it yet as well as the contractor, as i m afraid once they know , dunno wat they will do to the house, once i have locked the door will discretely say the company n the contractor name discretely... will think of a way. to warn others.

As for the cleaning i think he cannot be bother by the grill, for the amendment of the grooves of tile, the other time the contractor say still wan to charge me, as u say grills, i think if i call him clean he will charge me lor. A gentle reminder to all, pls choose a contractor that have done for your frens or families. Do not be like me any how find, i never knew this kind of thing can happen to me.

Oh yah, another thing is for kitchen i was not nasty enough to ask them dismantle the whole thing, as the cupboard design was built without my acknowledge.

No design was given to me, i only chose the s0olid top as well as the laminate. I should have been mean asked the person to dismantle the wh9ole cabinet. As the contractor was pressing me for the next 40%. Really regret dun be too nice to the person. As i have checked from frens that they should have shown us the design before we proceed. Lastly, a hint the shop is located at TPY....... I do not wan others to be con like me,.

czg82, does ur contract with ur contractor state "general cleaning" - if it does, its a good base to start on negotiations with him on state of the house.

czg82, does ur contract with ur contractor state "general cleaning" - if it does, its a good base to start on negotiations with him on state of the house.

Yup, it does state that general cleannign for the whole house.