Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nirvana

Our Little Cozy Cocoon

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some update. Doing up the electrical works concurrently with the tilings. Went with Henry's contact in the end cos we are too tired to look and argue. Hefty $3k gone.. :~

Was talking to HTB (short for Hubby to be) brother in law last night over dinner and he was asking us if we are doing he Open Net installation of new gen internet fibre thingy.. Went to check today and realised that we are due for it in Nov.. Called Open Net to check if they can come earlier to do since we are doing reno now (can conceal everything nice nice). Ganna declined. Must follow schedule..

Argh.. after deciding so long how to do the wiring swee swee.. now will end up with external trunking for the open net thingy.. sigh..

Anyone in same situation as me.. timing so "swee"...?

Wanted to try out some ID firms in the beginning. Approached KNQ associate, Loyd Pek (who did one of the houses in the T-blog), Fuse concept (a VERY nice patient Keith attended to us), Jason (yup, brother of Uncle Soon), Uncle Soon, Henry from ID Note, lastly a friend's previous contractor/ID.

Settled for Henry cos his quote is the lowest and most comprehensive. He is the only one who remembered every thing we wanted to have and put it on paper for us. It was a surprise to us that Henry quote was lower than Jason's cos we thought Jason/Uncle soon tops the most value for money contractor.

Jason did not cover all the items that we wanted in the proposal. So.. Henry better choice la.. hehe..

As for Uncle Soon, hmm.. did not even get to the proposal stage. He was scarily busy and that frightened us away.

Fuse concept comes second to Henry in terms of attention to details and tops my chart for great services. Keith was very thorough in his initial meeting with us and was forthcoming on what can be done within our budget. Did up 3D sketch for us somemore before signing. But for the same amount of money, can do more things with Henry so.. did not go with him.

KNQ is the other nice ID firm which did up 2D sketches for our house. Again budget is an issue cos the initial quote already burst our budget given (then i gong gong, gave higher limit of my budget) so... sigh..

Oh had to do a special mention for Mr Yeak. I approached him but he turned me away nicely saying that he can't fit me into his schedule and next time when I do reno for HDB can come to look for him again. :blink: Really quite taken aback but was impressed by his time management which i am sure translate to good QC for his existing clients.

That was my little quest in finding the right contractor and we are quite happy with Henry so far. Always contactable. Even acc us to select tiles and offer to go down to select the toilet fittings with us. But no hurry for that so we told him we will do our rounds ourselves.

Can I ask if there is a problem with Loyd Pek when u deal with him cos I think of seeking him out?

Thanks thanks.

Wanted to try out some ID firms in the beginning. Approached KNQ associate, Loyd Pek (who did one of the houses in the T-blog), Fuse concept (a VERY nice patient Keith attended to us), Jason (yup, brother of Uncle Soon), Uncle Soon, Henry from ID Note, lastly a friend's previous contractor/ID.

Settled for Henry cos his quote is the lowest and most comprehensive. He is the only one who remembered every thing we wanted to have and put it on paper for us. It was a surprise to us that Henry quote was lower than Jason's cos we thought Jason/Uncle soon tops the most value for money contractor.

Jason did not cover all the items that we wanted in the proposal. So.. Henry better choice la.. hehe..

As for Uncle Soon, hmm.. did not even get to the proposal stage. He was scarily busy and that frightened us away.

Fuse concept comes second to Henry in terms of attention to details and tops my chart for great services. Keith was very thorough in his initial meeting with us and was forthcoming on what can be done within our budget. Did up 3D sketch for us somemore before signing. But for the same amount of money, can do more things with Henry so.. did not go with him.

KNQ is the other nice ID firm which did up 2D sketches for our house. Again budget is an issue cos the initial quote already burst our budget given (then i gong gong, gave higher limit of my budget) so... sigh..

Oh had to do a special mention for Mr Yeak. I approached him but he turned me away nicely saying that he can't fit me into his schedule and next time when I do reno for HDB can come to look for him again. :blink: Really quite taken aback but was impressed by his time management which i am sure translate to good QC for his existing clients.

That was my little quest in finding the right contractor and we are quite happy with Henry so far. Always contactable. Even acc us to select tiles and offer to go down to select the toilet fittings with us. But no hurry for that so we told him we will do our rounds ourselves.

Can I ask if there is a problem with Loyd Pek when u deal with him cos I think of seeking him out?

Thanks thanks.

Thanks thanks.

Not much problem except it took quite a while for me to get the quote from him. Think he was really busy then with his reno of office.

He did not do any 2d/3d designs for me but did some suggestions on space management. If you refer my floor plan, my kitchen is really small and with no windows, it gets really warm when you cook (got to close both doors so the smoke dun get out). He did really fresh idea to knock down the kitchen wall to the dining area and extend a dry kitchen into the dining area. He also suggested to knock down the wall between kitchen and yard and extend the sink to the yard so the sink is right under the window. however, it did not work out for me cos:

1. I dun want open kitchen cos my sofa is fabric and will absorb the smell..

2. yard window opens up to the aircon vent area and I am sure the air coming in (esp. at night) will be warm warm one.. Yikes!

I have good vibes from him cos he is full of ideas and I like his portfolio and he likes Hayao Miyazaki (off topic but I am sure that contribute to his good taste) but he is way way too ex for me.

I think you should go have a meeting with him if you like his portfolio. I am a great fan!

Yo sorry for the MIA

Progress has been okay la.. wiring are all done.. tilings are almost completed (still left grouting) for all 2 toilets and kitchen.. moving on to paint selection and carptentry soon..

Photos are taken but not uploaded cos everything kind of looks really messy now.. not sure how interesting it is for fellow forummers to look at sandy tiles, hanging wires, half completed everything..

Guess the more interesting part is the color selection and I have been stalking websites e.g. apartment therapy, desire to inspire, young house love for inspirations..

Will upload some ideas i have in mind......soon!

Living Room Inspiration

I saw this gorgeous Teal color in many of the houses featured in Apartment Therapy. Fell in love with this sometime blue sometime green confused color! Prob will use it as the feature wall in my living room. Some inspirations from www.apartmenttherapy.com:

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

And for the master bedroom, I like the color combi of soft grey (my sofa is grey) with Teal so much in the living room I am thinking using it for the bedroom as well! But I will reverse it and use grey for most of my wall color and use Teal to accent it. Inspirations:

GreyandTurquoise.jpg

GreyandTeal.jpg

For my second bedroom, I will continue to use soft grey for the wall but thinking of using Yellow for accent instead. To give the house abit more colors!

Inspirations:

yellowcurtains.jpg

yellowdoorinneutralroom.jpg

Inspired by Simon's beautiful kitchen, I like to have some pop of colors against my white wall and floor tiles as well as white cabinets in my kitchen. Henry says don't have orange glass backing so may have to settle for red. Thinking of Orange cos it goes well with Teal in the living room and I am thinking of using soft grey wall in Dining and orange for accent. May bring the orange accents to the Living room as well. Oh well.. still all thoughts in the air right now:

WhiteandredKitchen.jpg

Swee bo?