Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

I was hoping to have the ones in the kitchen concealed (in the wall), but my contractor said it wasn't allowed. I even asked about concealing it in the walls built to fill up the space where the original entrances to the bathroom and toilet were. Apparently, even that wasn't ok.

As i mentioned earlier, maybe wiring cannot conceal, but the sockets can.

I dunno, because my concern is only the bulky sockets for power points and switches. If i hack a bit and make them flush more with the wall, this is still not considered concealed right? It is still exposed.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
maybe can consider to lay the trunking behind the wall and then drill a hole out to the point. the inside will have more cables tho.

My electrician intend to do as little trunking as possible, so he will do what you have mentioned.

For e.g, the kitchen wall and the masterbedroom wall power point try to position them back-to-back.

Same goes for the living room tv console wall and the bedroom 2 wall...

Most trunkings will run in the bedroom and then punch thru the wall into the living room.

Hi Charemme and Ossify,

I just came back from Summer at Toa Payoh and Jurong East Sim Siang Choon and Hoe Kee. It is really careless of me to go there all the way and realise i forgot to bring wallet. But i made my selection and tmr will be going there to confirm everything.

Anyway thanks for giving me the link. I infer from the guideliness that the WIRINGS CANNOT be concealed. So i think the power socket and switches can flush with the wall (hack a bit into the wall). Called HDB branch office this afternoon and the automated answerting machine put me on hold for an uber long time. Waste my handphone bill.

PUB testing, my electrician asked me i want to do a not, if i want to do testing, i cannot relocate the MCB to another place. It MUST remain in the original position.

Did you guys relocate the MCB? Say higher up at one corner nearer to ceiling for aesthetic purpose?

Actually I intend to relocate the MCB to the beam area :D I see other people doing it too.

As for the socket/switches flushed with the wall, I guess you can ask your electrician if they willing to do for you. :D I'll try to get my electrician to do it too wahahaha :good: I have 3 switches I can embed :D

Hi Charemme and Ossify,

I just came back from Summer at Toa Payoh and Jurong East Sim Siang Choon and Hoe Kee. It is really careless of me to go there all the way and realise i forgot to bring wallet. But i made my selection and tmr will be going there to confirm everything.

Anyway thanks for giving me the link. I infer from the guideliness that the WIRINGS CANNOT be concealed. So i think the power socket and switches can flush with the wall (hack a bit into the wall). Called HDB branch office this afternoon and the automated answerting machine put me on hold for an uber long time. Waste my handphone bill.

PUB testing, my electrician asked me i want to do a not, if i want to do testing, i cannot relocate the MCB to another place. It MUST remain in the original position.

Did you guys relocate the MCB? Say higher up at one corner nearer to ceiling for aesthetic purpose?

As i mentioned earlier, maybe wiring cannot conceal, but the sockets can.

I dunno, because my concern is only the bulky sockets for power points and switches. If i hack a bit and make them flush more with the wall, this is still not considered concealed right? It is still exposed.

oh what a waste, u got to go down again to make payment. The same happen to me weeks ago.. i took a cab without my wallet!

I didnt do testing because i didnt do rewiring for the whole unit, just alot of relocation on points. As for the MCB, its remain the same, up the wall, near the ceiling at

the main door, so its not very obvious.

For switches that flushes with the wall, im not sure if that is considered concealed as that one wiring is also done concealed before the switches can be flush right?

I think if you login to ur HDB account with your singpass, there is a officer allocated to you. You can call direct to his number and left a voice message to return call

so no need hold so long.

Actually I feel there is no right or wrong doing it. Nw the new HDB flats all come with concealed wiring and sockets.. which really look nicer.

So even if HDB does not approve, owners are aware and willing to proceed, that is sufficient.

Edited by charemme

Actually I intend to relocate the MCB to the beam area :D I see other people doing it too.

As for the socket/switches flushed with the wall, I guess you can ask your electrician if they willing to do for you. :D I'll try to get my electrician to do it too wahahaha :good: I have 3 switches I can embed :D

If not doing testing, then can relocate the MCB...

Embed is good, if not very protruding out from wall.... block furnitures and stuffs...

oh what a waste, u got to go down again to make payment. The same happen to me weeks ago.. i took a cab without my wallet!

I didnt do testing because i didnt do rewiring for the whole unit, just alot of relocation on points. As for the MCB, its remain the same, up the wall, near the ceiling at

the main door, so its not very obvious.

For switches that flushes with the wall, im not sure if that is considered concealed as that one wiring is also done concealed before the switches can be flush right?

I think if you login to ur HDB account with your singpass, there is a officer allocated to you. You can call direct to his number and left a voice message to return call

so no need hold so long.

Actually I feel there is no right or wrong doing it. Nw the new HDB flats all come with concealed wiring and sockets.. which really look nicer.

So even if HDB does not approve, owners are aware and willing to proceed, that is sufficient.

If it is not approvd, when u r selling house, they will ask you to ripped out all the wirings from inside the wall and make good (surface run them again).... before the buyer takes over....

The socket need not sink completely all the way into the wall... maybe leave a little protruding out to 'match' the trunking/casing thickness. else, if the socket sink in completely, the wires have to go into the wall before going into the casing to terminate. Hope u know what i mean. In this case, maybe consider conceal wiring le? Haha... still trying to get the HDB officer....

So u took the same cab home to take wallet?

I am caught in a fix now.

Toilet tiles all done up. But if i change the pipes now, wll damage tiles and ceilings.

PVC pipes and tiles repair can total up to $1300 or more est.

Advisable to change or not change the pipes?

Can the 30 years old cast iron pipes hold?

In a dilema.... Like to just hear some comments., thanks.

If it is not approvd, when u r selling house, they will ask you to ripped out all the wirings from inside the wall and make good (surface run them again).... before the buyer takes over....

The socket need not sink completely all the way into the wall... maybe leave a little protruding out to 'match' the trunking/casing thickness. else, if the socket sink in completely, the wires have to go into the wall before going into the casing to terminate. Hope u know what i mean. In this case, maybe consider conceal wiring le? Haha... still trying to get the HDB officer....

So u took the same cab home to take wallet?

yeah i know ...try to flush as much as possible right? Leave voice message tell him urgent to return call!! haha.. usually it works, if not call the supervisor. there should be 2 names,

Nope, only left with 1 credit card, but the machine spoilt.. so no choice, the uncle ask me to bank transfer at night.

I dont even have cash for makan.. stupid me.. i only bring my cheque book out! My colleg was laughing mad.. cuz i dont even have the company pass with me

Toilet tiles all done up. But if i change the pipes now, wll damage tiles and ceilings.

what your contractor advise?

He said, he will change all, IF THE TILES ARE NOT UP YET, as that is the best case scenario...

Argh....

eh i think my house is still using the old pipes ley... I never pay to change it

cuz i didnt want to incurr more cost

if not leaking, keep it. if ugly, use acrylic to cover it up :)

if not leaking, keep it. if ugly, use acrylic to cover it up :)

Ossify, I know u are using alot of acrylic. Are u getting those plastic panels from Getz Bros & Co? Their plastics have lots of designs and supposedly reinforced. Can be used as partition too.

Ossify, I know u are using alot of acrylic. Are u getting those plastic panels from Getz Bros & Co? Their plastics have lots of designs and supposedly reinforced. Can be used as partition too.

o.O not a lot lah, i seriously cutting down already. decided to plaster tiles instead of using acrylic. who is Getz Bro? sounds expensive. Is it dama's competitor? I go for cheap and good, not expensive :D

eh i think my house is still using the old pipes ley... I never pay to change it

cuz i didnt want to incurr more cost

Did u assess the condition of the pipe? Rust, corossion of the pipe etc. When it starts leaking, foul smell, dirty etc... Worst case is that it will just burst....

By then u change is very inconvenient liao.... cos it is sewage waste pipe....

i intend to change it. sure damage my tiles but i will only re-til those area that are prominent...

Haiz... really careless of me to miss this out....