Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gantan88

My 3ng - Starting My Life Anew

Wah ~! totally difference from the drawing leh... this designer or contractor should discuss with you before any confirmation to start work. Did you hold them back for the cheque or u already pay them accordingly.

This is totally a big difference btw heaven and **** ...

Drawing picture look so much better than a real kitchen...

Looking at the 3D and the actual thing makes my blood boils. I pay until left the last 5%.

The AM talks like he is defending the whole world when i mentioned the option of redoing the cabinet should be open to me.

Apparently, tearing down the whole cabinet also affects the walls and the carpentry work backing behind the sink.

I got a feeling they are not willing to spend this money.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I suggest u tell the AM to redesign a proper kitchen cabinet and redo everything. Tear down is very easy, rebuild again is not so you can just tell them to do a proper measurement and send people to build up like lego.

Since yours is not like mine THE FLOATING KITCHEN CABINET so I am sure it is much easier to change here and there...

13635_206886983140_683288140_3136805_255

13635_206887008140_683288140_3136808_177

Talking to the AM alone is draining me out, I got so tired. I want my life to go on.

They did proper measurement but did not discuss with me on the design.

A 3D drawing is only perpsective in nature and they think if i am ok with perspective means i am ok with anything.

Worse, now the end product is not even the same as perspective drawing.

then don't pay the 5%..

I am considering to do this. But i have still some other rectification works and the kitchen glass door not done. If i hold back the 5% will they stop all work altogether? Before i make any decision, i will talk to the boss first.

Kitchen3DDrawing.jpg

201001281930_335.jpg

Hi Gantan88,

Frankly, I feel that the actual kitchen is not too much different from the 3D drawing. Other than the door issue, I think it is quite similar.

Other differences which I spot are probably minimal and probably your personal choices:

1. Color tone of the tiles

2. Color of laminates

3. Color of work top

4. Tap, hood, frosted glass, etc, not installed.

In any case, if you are not happy with it, just tell them u are not going to pay the remaining 5% after they are done with all the rest of the work. If not, just tell them to redo.

Edited by Mickey M

I suggest u tell the AM to redesign a proper kitchen cabinet and redo everything. Tear down is very easy, rebuild again is not so you can just tell them to do a proper measurement and send people to build up like lego.

Since yours is not like mine THE FLOATING KITCHEN CABINET so I am sure it is much easier to change here and there...

13635_206886983140_683288140_3136805_255

13635_206887008140_683288140_3136808_177

Whether floating or not doesn't really matter. In your case, I find the kitchen messy but humane. The clean look is missing. May I know why u have something on top of your hood? Is it a display item? A frame? Since yours is a modern kitchen concept, I think u should have a pull out system for your sauce bottles. Placing them in open space is messy. A modern kitchen needs to elude a clean, tidy and spacious feeling. The chimmey portion of the hood is suppose to give a illusion of high ceiling. But having the hoob exactly below the beam reduces the illusion. I would have swap the position of the hood with the sink.

Whether floating or not doesn't really matter. In your case, I find the kitchen messy but humane. The clean look is missing. May I know why u have something on top of your hood? Is it a display item? A frame? Since yours is a modern kitchen concept, I think u should have a pull out system for your sauce bottles. Placing them in open space is messy. A modern kitchen needs to elude a clean, tidy and spacious feeling. The chimmey portion of the hood is suppose to give a illusion of high ceiling. But having the hoob exactly below the beam reduces the illusion. I would have swap the position of the hood with the sink.

Which part of it is messy you mean?

The thing on top of my hob is the packaging stuffs. This pic is taken when the hob has not been secured to the ktichen top - simply cut and hole and put it there first. Those moden pull out system drawer etc i opt out. This pic merely show the design of the cabinet but not exactly functional yet because i have not fixed up those things for me to put my sauces, pepper and cooking stuff. I opt out the hood also because it is going to be a white elephant for me.

The cabinet is humane, as long as the basics are there - storage space, hob, sink and hood. But given a chance to pay and customise a cabinet, it can be much better....

Which part of it is messy you mean?

The thing on top of my hob is the packaging stuffs. This pic is taken when the hob has not been secured to the ktichen top - simply cut and hole and put it there first. Those moden pull out system drawer etc i opt out. This pic merely show the design of the cabinet but not exactly functional yet because i have not fixed up those things for me to put my sauces, pepper and cooking stuff. I opt out the hood also because it is going to be a white elephant for me.

The cabinet is humane, as long as the basics are there - storage space, hob, sink and hood. But given a chance to pay and customise a cabinet, it can be much better....

i think Mickey is referring to goobii's kitchen. right mickey??

i think Mickey is referring to goobii's kitchen. right mickey??

Hi Joseeng,

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I was referring to Goobii's kitchen.

Your kitchen looks neat at this point of time, gantan88.

Hi Joseeng,

Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, I was referring to Goobii's kitchen.

Your kitchen looks neat at this point of time, gantan88.

Sorry i made a mistake.

Anyway, if you look at my kitchen cabinet top now, very messy, cos i temporary place everything on the top. Have not fix up those accessories yet.

Sorry i made a mistake.

Anyway, if you look at my kitchen cabinet top now, very messy, cos i temporary place everything on the top. Have not fix up those accessories yet.

aiya mine worse :D waiting for free labour to help me fix up my accessories :D

actually, my wall cabinet not done yet :D probably will do it up in may/june

Edited by ossify

Sorry i made a mistake.

It is common when things are all not up. Do keep it neat and clean.

I think pinkydot has a nice kitchen, very spacious, clean and nice.

aiya mine worse :D waiting for free labour to help me fix up my accessories :D

actually, my wall cabinet not done yet :D probably will do it up in may/june

At least you r in charge of your own work. You dun feet the sore of delays.

Why wait so long to do up yr cabinet?

It is common when things are all not up. Do keep it neat and clean.

I think pinkydot has a nice kitchen, very spacious, clean and nice.

Cannot keep it clean and nice. Now quite messy. Maybe it is not messy, but disorganized. :D Cos accessories not fixed up yet....

Pinkydot... ? Got to look for her blog... :)