Sign in to follow this  
MTlot

4rm Low Budget Reno

hope your contractor's name is not pierre :D

as for the pipe, you can box it up with acrylic panels

Definately not pierre :D

acrylic panels = sounds like a good idea and an upcoming DIY project. :yamseng:

Thanks bro.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hihi! I'm back to check out your T blog :)

I am going to start mine soon! today going to meet 1 of the 2 shortlisted IDs.. going to PUSH COST lower! hahaha If ok, I can update my signature!! :P

btw, i decided to go with an ID, cannot imagine without 3D drawing man! And also, for some odd reason, all the "contractor" I approach speak chinese, are rough and quotations wise not professional. So i thought better to go with professional one better. :)

Btw your contractor is HDB approved ya?

Btw your contractor is HDB approved ya?

I'm using bank's reno loan and banks need HDB approve contractor before approving any loan.

Today went over to see the progress and to my suprise upstairs neighbour kitchen side wall near water outlet got water mark.. :o:o

IMG00678-20091109-1815.jpg

Juz called my contractor, have to go down with him to discuss about the problem. :dunno:

Today went over to see the progress and to my suprise upstairs neighbour kitchen side wall near water outlet got water mark.. :o:o

IMG00678-20091109-1815.jpg

Juz called my contractor, have to go down with him to discuss about the problem. :dunno:

Oh ****! that looks problematic!!!

I know, i'm ****ed up big time. I'm chasing for handover in another 1week+ and then this problem come into the picture. Sienz half already.

make sure water proofing is done up properly!!!

it can be a big headache in future!

But my water proofing cannot be till ceiling rite, my contractor only give me till 3ft above ground level. :unsure: :unsure:

Less than 10 more days to dateline.

Balance of :

Doors

Fittings

Lightings

Piping Hot and Cold

Kitchen Cabinet

And the most important thing is the leaking ceiling, have to wait till HDB techinical officer visit on Monday then only know the outcome. :(

Just finish window film today. Op for the black 10% with mirror finish. For 4rm total of 4x large panes and 10x smaller panes $700

Mirror effect

IMG00706-20091116-1712.jpg

After effect

IMG00703-20091116-1711.jpg

They do carry privacy film but a bit ex for me. Got sample to see also. :D

Before

IMG00707-20091116-1932.jpg

After

IMG00708-20091116-1933.jpg

Edited by MTlot

welcome!! wow, ur reno quote seems v reasonable.. hope the workmanship turns out fine..

good luck with ur reno and do post pics of ur reno journey yeah!

:)

So far so good due to most of the coordination I do myself. Workmanship for tiles seems OK but maybe it's still dirty and I can't seems to see clearly, need to do final inspection after cleaning. Woodworks I've no comments, cabinets have not come yet as of today. :D

Hi MTLot,

Hows your waterproofing?

Appointment with HDB officer and Town Council on Monday, seems like the rubbish chute area is leaking, the Town Council sent their contractor on the very same day to inject the wall with sealant. My contractor will monitor for me the situation. Keep my fingers crossed. How's your network point plan? Need any help let me know.

:D

Did my own CAT6 termination on weekends. Checked and tested with cable tester, so far so good for a first timer.

Borowed tools :D

IMG00719-20091120-1654.jpg

Faceplate bought at SLT

IMG00720-20091120-1654.jpg

Termination done by me.

IMG00723-20091120-1719.jpg

Finish

IMG00722-20091120-1710.jpg

:D :D

Did my own CAT6 termination on weekends. Checked and tested with cable tester, so far so good for a first timer.

Borowed tools :D

IMG00719-20091120-1654.jpg

:D :D

Hi MTlot,

That is the only tool needed? I already bought 20m CAT 6 cable at SLS $20bucks. Thanks for your tips.