Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
catseyes2004sg

Cosy Small Home In North East

hi cat,

did you buy the blum parts yourself or through your ID? if thru ID, how much did your ID charge u for the blum? if you buy yourself, does your ID charge you extra for installing?

Hi joseeng,

I actually went to Hong Li (Upper Thomson) and get the Blum quote.. decided to buy them and pass to ID.

Then my ID told me his co also Blum dealer (then I realise I saw stickers n Blum gadgets in their showrm), he told me he will charge me dealer prices and installed for me... so I leave to ID.

Macbart have got a good price fm Viborg Trading, tel 63662278. You may want to call them, cos it seems the prices fm them is the cheapest and best part, they delivered. Hong Li is self collect and all these can be really heavy.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
oh wow cat!! that's alot of carpentries....all well planned....love the kitchen and workspace area....well thought :good:

looking to more pictures!!!!

Hi PJ,

tks tks... my mum nearly faint when she saw so many cabinets in my kitchen... I tik my kitchen at the time being will be for 'show' only... my mum stays next to my blk, so I will go to her place daily for dinner so not much cooking will be done on my side. Maybe baking cos I want to learn fm all experts, like u here! :P

Hi PJ,

tks tks... my mum nearly faint when she saw so many cabinets in my kitchen... I tik my kitchen at the time being will be for 'show' only... my mum stays next to my blk, so I will go to her place daily for dinner so not much cooking will be done on my side. Maybe baking cos I want to learn fm all experts, like u here! :P

i love all the blum blum and the well thought work/meal table top in the kitchen...very nicely planned....even with so much carpentries, your place doesn't look cramped... :thumbs up:

Guest Goobii

wow... bro ... tat;s alot of carpetry .... look very nice....

build-in worth alot for resale market.... make sure you maintain it and it will fetch higher valuation in future...

i think the fan is very very unique... but if not very windy and for design only.. i think is quite a waste of money...

anyway aircon plus the fan will serve it purpose... to cool down the whole place...

i love all the blum blum and the well thought work/meal table top in the kitchen...very nicely planned....even with so much carpentries, your place doesn't look cramped... :thumbs up:

I am also glad I have a big kitchen, consider this is a 3rm HDB flat... :)

Guest Goobii
I am also glad I have a big kitchen, consider this is a 3rm HDB flat... :)

happy cleaning..... :paint:

:P:P:P

wow... bro ... tat;s alot of carpetry .... look very nice....

build-in worth alot for resale market.... make sure you maintain it and it will fetch higher valuation in future...

i think the fan is very very unique... but if not very windy and for design only.. i think is quite a waste of money...

anyway aircon plus the fan will serve it purpose... to cool down the whole place...

Hi Goobii,

I am er...er...sister... :D

Yes, alot of carpentry and it took the workers some days to install and still not finish yet...

yes hor u are in property line, next time must find u to help me find buyer and fetch high price, hehhe.

White laminates alot, scare hard to maintain for many years. Any gd advise to use what cleaner to

clean white laminate? Yr kitchen also white white.. I like yr kitchen! :D

The fan is a nice design to look at but it is a really useless fan, not windy one! When I bot at Elmark,

the SA already told me...and also some other shops that I enquire abt the fan. But I stubborn, hehheh :P

Guest Goobii
Hi Goobii,

I am er...er...sister... :D

Yes, alot of carpentry and it took the workers some days to install and still not finish yet...

yes hor u are in property line, next time must find u to help me find buyer and fetch high price, hehhe.

White laminates alot, scare hard to maintain for many years. Any gd advise to use what cleaner to

clean white laminate? Yr kitchen also white white.. I like yr kitchen! :D

The fan is a nice design to look at but it is a really useless fan, not windy one! When I bot at Elmark,

the SA already told me...and also some other shops that I enquire abt the fan. But I stubborn, hehheh :P

oH.... sis...

how i maintain it... I clean every night before I sleep with just the damp cloth... and if got stubborn stain.. BUY those $2 white magic sponge @ daiso ...

wet it... clean it... and you can witness the stubborn stain even on wall to disappear...

no need chemical ... just water and the white sponge.

:rolleyes:

I dun believe it too until some japanese auntie told me about it.. and I bought home and try it... surprisingly .... it works~!

anyway... wait till wanna sell need help then let me know.. u can also visit my website @ www.thehousesale.info for more property updates.

oH.... sis...

how i maintain it... I clean every night before I sleep with just the damp cloth... and if got stubborn stain.. BUY those $2 white magic sponge @ daiso ...

wet it... clean it... and you can witness the stubborn stain even on wall to disappear...

no need chemical ... just water and the white sponge.

:rolleyes:

I dun believe it too until some japanese auntie told me about it.. and I bought home and try it... surprisingly .... it works~!

anyway... wait till wanna sell need help then let me know.. u can also visit my website @ www.thehousesale.info for more property updates.

Wow, I must go n get the sponge first to standby, hehhehe :P will get mum 1 to try out too!

ok, will chkout yr webby.

Went to get my doorbell today:

Doorbell n Legrand switch:

IMG00518-20091214-1717.jpg

Initially wanted to buy the wireless type, but was advised it spoil easily, so in the end I got the one with wired.

Went up to new place and they started painting today :paint:

ID told me this wed, electrician will install the lights and ceiling fan and doorbell :P

Hi Cat

I saw a small Legrand wired door using 3 AAA batteries cost $30 plus at HomeFix Compasspoint.

The wired door bell you bought is what brand and what are the batteries size ?

wow, must let me know yr 'experiment', hehehe...cos I tik I very prone to use the hob, the oven and on air-conditioning at the same time, hehehhe :P

U mean for the induction hob, have to put in oil in pan first then it will heat up? Funny hor? Cos most cooking programme always ask u to heat up the pan first then put in oil, hehhehehe :P

It will heat up. But induction heats up the pot/pan quickly. I can't remember where I read this, but I remember that it's better to start with oil/water in the pot rather than adding them to an empty pot. I guess if a pot/pan is really hot and we pour in oil or water, it could splash? Er... I'll see if I find that info that I read.

Hi Cat

I saw a small Legrand wired door using 3 AAA batteries cost $30 plus at HomeFix Compasspoint.

The wired door bell you bought is what brand and what are the batteries size ?

Hi ninja,

The small Legrand wired door bell, the SA told me difficult to remove the cover to change batteries, have to use something to poke open, so I didnt get that.

Yes, I got both the Legrand door bell switch and Festival door bell (easlier to remove cover change batteries) fm Home Fix Compasspoint. Batteries is not AAA but 2 big ones (SA will tell u which to buy).

The Festival door bell comes in 4 different designs, I choose the plain 1 cos easier to clean. There is 1 with lines protruding designs, I like that then realise will trap dust easily so didnt get that. :)

Edited by catseyes2004sg

It will heat up. But induction heats up the pot/pan quickly. I can't remember where I read this, but I remember that it's better to start with oil/water in the pot rather than adding them to an empty pot. I guess if a pot/pan is really hot and we pour in oil or water, it could splash? Er... I'll see if I find that info that I read.

Yes, even when I went to Tangs to get my induction wok, the SA also told me heat distubute evenly very fast. :D

I tried induction cooking before,but it seems that the heat is not easily control unlike using gas.

thats why now i am using gas.got a bit different bah.

Rondy,

My mum have a 1 cooker induction, but difficult to control the heat cos heat up very fast.

The model that macbart n me got, is the high end type which u can precise control with temperature. Like macbart mentioned : It's much easier to caramelise onions without burning them. :)

Hi ninja,

The small Legrand wired door bell, the SA told me difficult to remove the cover to change batteries, have to use something tp poke open, so I didnt get that.

Yes, I got both the Legrand door bell switch and Festival door bell (easlier to remove cover change batteries) fm Home Fix Compasspoint. Batteries is not AAA but 2 big ones (SA will tell u which to buy).

The Festival door bell comes in 4 different designs, I choose the plain 1 cos easier to clean. There is 1 with lines protruding designs, I like that then realise will trap dust easily so didnt get that. :)

Cat, can I confirm with u that door bell switch is the one which u put outside the main door/house and door bell is the one which give off the 'ding dong' sound? Getting abit confuse. Hee.

Cat, can I confirm with u that door bell switch is the one which u put outside the main door/house and door bell is the one which give off the 'ding dong' sound? Getting abit confuse. Hee.

Hi Mickey,

yes. it will be 2 items u need to buy:

1) Legrand door bell switch which is placed outside yr hse. (I bot white colour. there is a sliver one too)

2) Door bell which is placed inside yr hse. (there are a no of door bells boxes u can buy at Home fix. I bot the Festival brand and sound is Ding Dong.

:P

Edited by catseyes2004sg