Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Milc

Red Bedroom

I'm newly wed, currently getting a new home, and deciding on the color of the paint :paint: for the master bedroom zz , which is rather dark even in broad daylight.

Not too sure if I will want to be bold enough to paint it a dark shade of red for a mysterious or romantic feel (dependent on deco), as I'm very used to beige colored walls.

Does anyone have any ideas or pictures of red coloured bedrooms? And how to decorate it?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Guest Goobii

Red = Angry

Pink = Relax

If you really want to paint red,try not to sleep and face directly at the red wall. Place it behind you so that i can create a romantic and cosy wall with a wall light in the middle of the red wall.

In theory, when you sleep in a totally red room, you will tend to be alert and will be quite angry . Same like RED traffic light, I am sure you hate it when the RED light is ON for soooo long and wait for it to turn green ....

Pink is good.. and helps to relax..

I used to paint my room dark red on one wall and light lavender on the rest of the wall

One feedback is that white patches appear on the red walls every few months. I dunno what those patches are. Just needto wipe them with a damp cloth when they appear.

After a while I becomes sian of the colour liao. After that, I tried to repaint with a lighter colour. But quite difficult to cover the red wall. Applied about 2 coats of primer after that several coats of the paint before the red colour becomes completely covered.

I wun recommend red in bedroom. Cos bedroom is a place to relax. opt for those in the green/blue family as they have the forest/garden feel. For other walls in the house, think you can go ahead and be bold with colours

Edited by hawthorne

My bedroom is red, but Hawthorne is right, after a while you'll get sian of the colour; plus white patches will appear on it. I suspect it might be in connection with the humidity of the room; but it's also entirely possible that the darker the colour, the greater the contrast, so it will seem more obvious.

My advice is, if you want to do an all-red bedroom, to go with deep shade of red; something like burgundy would be nice. Alternatively, you could try a deep shade of purple with tinges of red (such as plum) as that will not be so striking, and yet still create that sensuous feel. Pair it with the right materials like black velvets and silks, or jewel tones, and it will look fantastic.

Whether you're looking for that perfect "something" for your home or affordable artwork for your office, try WCFineArtStore.It has a huge collection of famous photography, art print, poster and painting from thousands of artists.

Anywhere_USA_Western-Art_Painting_med.JP

West Coast Fine Art

Well, the colour selection is really personal and if you that's how you prefer and you feel comfortable with you, go ahead :)

Concept-Z3906A_wLogo.jpg

Nice pic....