Sign in to follow this  
JandG

Home For 3. You, The Dog And Me

Chpt 17 : All the small things...

What we find we really like abt the new place :drunk:

1) beauty of Blum-motion. we just love the work of anti-slam dampeners

SANY0942.jpg

SANY0943.jpg

2) our water heater at the service yard. original placing was in the common bath. that would look so crowded!

SANY0949.jpg

SANY0951.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

3) Grohe sets of toilet fittings for both common and master. the rainshower is God-given happiness...always feels like dancing in the rain :bath: taps feel heavy and yet super smooth to turn on and off

SANY0956.jpg

SANY0960.jpg

4) Magbloks ordered these frm d states. wenge, mahogany and super rare zebra wood. magnets are **** strong!

SANY0944.jpg

Chpt 17 : All the small things...

What we find we really like abt the new place :drunk:

1) beauty of Blum-motion. we just love the work of anti-slam dampeners

SANY0942.jpg

SANY0943.jpg

Wah blum :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

anyway JandG how much you spend for all your blum stuff ?

oh btw thanks for the info on ppl selling the LED TV leh :D

We bought quite a fair bit of Blum stuff becos all the cupboards in the house are using Blum hinges and Blumotion dampers, and also all the drawer runners are from Blum plus a few sets of Tandembox in the kitchen and a set of Aventos hinges for the dish-rack door. Total cost around $1.1k plus if I remember correctly.

Had the crazy idea of installing servo drive for the kitchen's tandembox but couldn't get my loan from Singapore Pools approved.. :D

We bought quite a fair bit of Blum stuff becos all the cupboards in the house are using Blum hinges and Blumotion dampers, and also all the drawer runners are from Blum plus a few sets of Tandembox in the kitchen and a set of Aventos hinges for the dish-rack door. Total cost around $1.1k plus if I remember correctly.

Had the crazy idea of installing servo drive for the kitchen's tandembox but couldn't get my loan from Singapore Pools approved.. :D

Ya i was thinking of installing BLUM for all my kitchen but the idea of spending 1k plus....sigh :(

moreover like you, singapore pool has not approved my loan for a long time liao :(

btw did you went to Thomson to get your BLUM stuff or you ask your ID to get it for you ? :unsure: :unsure:

Chpt 18 : Search for the perfect bean

Moving the Krups expresso machine was wonderful as everytime we went over at night to move stuff over, we could reward ourselves with a nice cuppa :yamseng:

Start with Meiji milk and the Nespresso aeroccino to foam milk up to microbeads

SANY0991.jpg

pour milk into the aeroccino and let it do its magic

SANY0995.jpg

add in expresso shot

SANY0992.jpg

nice latte sitting pretty in bodum doublewalled glass...keeps it warm n perfect :good:

SANY0997.jpg

now, we got the equipment..we need the perfect bean ! realise the machine doesnt fancy roasted beans. my mum got a bag of vietnamese coffee beans which smelt so good ! but the machine tossed out either too weak or too bitter coffee frm that. realise it likes dry beans. any suggestions for good beans ? do let me know

Edited by JandG

Wow JandG,

Yr kitchen so nice, with all the Blum!!! I am also getting a few drawers for my ladder unit and a set of Aventos for the dish rack door.

I always enjoyed using the Nespresso aeroccino to foam milk! It is so easy to use that to foam milk, compared

to the tube that is attached to the Nespresso machine I have onboard.

N I also buy the Nespresso cuppucino glass to pour in, hehhhehe :P

about your clipsal zencelo, did you get from choo chiang?

it's not LED indicator right?

1-gang selling at $6.50 is ok right?

Hi JandG, just read your reno blog and despite the ups and downs during the reno process, the end product is fantastic! :D

Saw your post on your dog, Summer, and I also have a friend, whose golden retriever is also named Summer. Just wondering if your Summer is a female, and is super super friendly (pounce on people kind. hahaha!).. :D

Ya i was thinking of installing BLUM for all my kitchen but the idea of spending 1k plus....sigh :(

moreover like you, singapore pool has not approved my loan for a long time liao :(

btw did you went to Thomson to get your BLUM stuff or you ask your ID to get it for you ? :unsure: :unsure:

The Blum stuff were bought by the carpenter.. Basically I told him what I wanted, and where I want it. He then went to buy the stuff according to his dimensions. e.g. certain Tandem runners were 400mm and others were 450mm..

I bought 1 set of Aventos, 4 Tandembox, 11sets of Tandem runners, 80 hinges & 40 Blumotion dampers.

about your clipsal zencelo, did you get from choo chiang?

it's not LED indicator right?

1-gang selling at $6.50 is ok right?

My electrician bought from Choo Chiang.. No LED indicator for all switches, except for the 20A switches which has LED indicators. Let me go find my price list..

You also need to factor in single and double power point switches, also 2 way switches, those cost a bit more than the normal 1-gang switches..

Hi JandG, just read your reno blog and despite the ups and downs during the reno process, the end product is fantastic! :D

Saw your post on your dog, Summer, and I also have a friend, whose golden retriever is also named Summer. Just wondering if your Summer is a female, and is super super friendly (pounce on people kind. hahaha!).. :D

Thanks for your compliments :) And yes...our goldie Summer is a girl..hehe but she's been trained not to pounce on pple..hee still super frenly doe. i think its the breed...goldies are just warm hearted dogs

Chpt 19 : Sofa so good

Here's our Lorenzo recliner sofa next to the coffee table from S&C.

SANY0986.jpg

Another view showing the dining table showcasing the zebra painting done in oils we bought frm our honeymoon in Krabi :paint:

SANY0982.jpg

We kinda over-did the carpets...here they all are...rolled up and waiting to be unrolled when we move in. Figured we wait to unroll, #1 item less to vacuum as we don't live there now. just realise we got carpets for all rooms :(

Also in the pic is the glass side table for the common room, also from S&C

SANY1005.jpg Edited by JandG

Chpt 19 : Sofa so good

Here's our Lorenzo recliner sofa next to the coffee table from S&C.

SANY0986.jpg

Another view showing the dining table

SANY0982.jpg

We kinda over-did the carpets...here they all are...rolled up and waiting to be unrolled when we move in. Figured we wait to unroll, #1 item less to vacuum as we don't live there now. just realise we got carpets for all rooms :(

Also in the pic is the glass side table for the common room, also from S&C

SANY1005.jpg

Haha I am looking for carpet...can donate to me...*joking joking* :P

Haha I am looking for carpet...can donate to me...*joking joking* :P

haha..sure u like my carpets ? my taste according to hubby is pretty weird...i can recommend a gd carpet merchant though. love their super shaggy carpets...

GABBEH CARPET

100 Orchard Road

#02-11/12 Le Meridien Hotel & Shopping Centre

Singapore 238840

Tel:(65) 6836 2880