Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wuga98

What Is This Round Ball On Top Of Your Roof?

since this is a private prop discussion, like to ask what is the correct name of this metal like ball that is on top of the roof. It will turn by wind and it's purpose is to extract hot air from the roof...did i get this correct?

I have seen this in the older landed prop but not the newer ones..any reason or should i get one installed?

:D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
since this is a private prop discussion, like to ask what is the correct name of this metal like ball that is on top of the roof. It will turn by wind and it's purpose is to extract hot air from the roof...did i get this correct?

I have seen this in the older landed prop but not the newer ones..any reason or should i get one installed?

:D

Hi Joshua,

It is call a turbo ventilator. Its main function is to draw out hot trapped air and replace it with cool fresh air. It can also help to get rid of trapped moisture resulting in less risk of mildew on ceiling. In general, this device is maintenance free though poor installation may lead to water seepage from the roof opening area.

The turbo ventilator is very silent, using free wind energy, making the owner unaware of its presence and will turn with the slightest breeze. Although all it takes to turn the ventilator is a slight breeze, it can also withstand wind velocity of 190 km/h. Owners may add more shaft arms for added strength if you think that the wind in your area is extremely strong, though it is not really required.

Cheers!

hey Lee, is your place ready? did you get one of this?

Hi Joshua,

It is call a turbo ventilator. Its main function is to draw out hot trapped air and replace it with cool fresh air. It can also help to get rid of trapped moisture resulting in less risk of mildew on ceiling. In general, this device is maintenance free though poor installation may lead to water seepage from the roof opening area.

The turbo ventilator is very silent, using free wind energy, making the owner unaware of its presence and will turn with the slightest breeze. Although all it takes to turn the ventilator is a slight breeze, it can also withstand wind velocity of 190 km/h. Owners may add more shaft arms for added strength if you think that the wind in your area is extremely strong, though it is not really required.

Cheers!

hey Lee, is your place ready? did you get one of this?

I am still waiting for URA to get back to me on the permit approval. Just got the provisional permit 2 weeks ago and submitted to BCA last week.

Not sure whether to get a turbo ventilator because the top floor is covered by concrete flat roof.