Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Home Theatre System

Hi all ...

Searching for HTS but simply unsure of which brand is reasonable for good movie/gaming experience ... Panasonic / Samsung / Pioneer / ???

Anyone out there has a HTS that comes with rear-channel wireless module OR bought an additional wireless module for the rear speakers ? Any good/bad feedback ? Any recommendations plss ...

Thank you ...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My cousin has a Denon and is very happy with it.

M wife bought a Panasonic system and even though it is supposed to play all regions, it can't. Also has problems with pirated DVD.

If you have a bit more budget, you should check out Onnkyo and Marantz though.

The difference is considerable. Good audio equipment will put a smile on your face every time you use it.

My cousin has a Denon and is very happy with it.

M wife bought a Panasonic system and even though it is supposed to play all regions, it can't. Also has problems with pirated DVD.

If you have a bit more budget, you should check out Onnkyo and Marantz though.

The difference is considerable. Good audio equipment will put a smile on your face every time you use it.

silverkris > hi thx for e reply ... can u advice whr can I go to test/purchase Denon HTS ?

elfe > yah I appreciate quality sound ... care to share wats the price range for Denon HTS ? I only has a budget of abt $800 max for a HTS ...

Thx all ...

Budget of $800 hard to get brand new Denon sets. I suggest you go to Sim Lim Towers and check out the used sets. They are still of great quality (amid some scratches) but you can ask the shop owners to help you pair with some used speakers. Should be a more worthy investment than those Samsung Panasonic types that look good only.

Bro, whats your budget?

I would still recommend strongly that you dont get housebrands HTS. KEC (shop in Adelphi) has good HTS that caters to your need. If youre concern on the pricing,

they do offer 24 month instalment payment.

For a modest $1,500 budget, you could indulge yourself with a good receiver & a solid 5.1 system with solid built subwoofer( am thinking the Definitive Technology pro cinema series) Seriously, the sound from this baby is like youve never heard before.

Cheers

Budget of $800 hard to get brand new Denon sets. I suggest you go to Sim Lim Towers and check out the used sets. They are still of great quality (amid some scratches) but you can ask the shop owners to help you pair with some used speakers. Should be a more worthy investment than those Samsung Panasonic types that look good only.

wah $800 not enuf huh ... must werk harder man :(

ok I shall go survey at sim lim towers 1st ... thx ! :)

Bro, whats your budget?

I would still recommend strongly that you dont get housebrands HTS. KEC (shop in Adelphi) has good HTS that caters to your need. If youre concern on the pricing,

they do offer 24 month instalment payment.

For a modest $1,500 budget, you could indulge yourself with a good receiver & a solid 5.1 system with solid built subwoofer( am thinking the Definitive Technology pro cinema series) Seriously, the sound from this baby is like youve never heard before.

Cheers

Yah I tot so that hsehold brands are only good for the looks ... KEC is my next stop then ! thx a bunch guys ! :)

Check out Onkyo S3200 HTS in courts megastore tampines. (next to IKEA tampines)

Onkyo HT-S3200 5.1-Channel Home Entertainment Receiver/Speaker Package

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3200-5-1-C...4681&sr=8-1

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S32...Systems&p=i

It is good entry set - will cost you around 750-850. The only issue is that it has a passive subwoofer, but the sound quality is very good.

silverkris > hi thx for e reply ... can u advice whr can I go to test/purchase Denon HTS ?

elfe > yah I appreciate quality sound ... care to share wats the price range for Denon HTS ? I only has a budget of abt $800 max for a HTS ...

Thx all ...

Edited by vjammy

Check out Onkyo S3200 HTS in courts megastore tampines. (next to IKEA tampines)

Onkyo HT-S3200 5.1-Channel Home Entertainment Receiver/Speaker Package

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3200-5-1-C...4681&sr=8-1

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S32...Systems&p=i

It is good entry set - will cost you around 750-850. The only issue is that it has a passive subwoofer, but the sound quality is very good.

Oh really ??? that's within my budget ! Ok will check it out ASAP ! THANKS !! :D

Oh really ??? that's within my budget ! Ok will check it out ASAP ! THANKS !! :D

Bro

If youre thinking of watching Blurays, I dont recommend this system. It doesnt decode

True HD Dolby & DTS HD master audio format that is available in most Bluray discs.

Cheers

Bro

If youre thinking of watching Blurays, I dont recommend this system. It doesnt decode

True HD Dolby & DTS HD master audio format that is available in most Bluray discs.

Cheers

Dun think I will watch BluRay too often, mostly DVD ... but if I wanna indulge in good BluRay muvie, still gt my PS3 ;)

Thx all ...

Dude... If your budget is $800, go for a Denon, but try to resist the usual suspects like Panasonic or Haman Kardon.

My sincere advice, however, would be o save up for something better. As another member has pointed out $1500 will get you a good Onkyo or Yamaha system which will dump all over the price range you're looking at. The amps usually have more inputs too and are built better. You can even feel the difference.

If you can hold out a bit longer, just save up a bit more or if you buy from a department store, you can pay with 0% installments.

I have had the pleasure of listening to some crazily expensive sond systems belinging to people who have power regulators and use cables that cost over a hundred dollars per meter.

I know I'll never go that crazy, but i also cannot go back to the likes of Shinco or philips. I listen to music on with my Marantz CD player, Rotel amp and B&W speakers. Modest set up, but better than any average hi-fi system.

If you're free go to Adelphi and treat your ears to some reasonable Marantz, Onkyo or Yamaha systems. It will change your mind about sound.

Lastly, try to resist going for the brands like Harman Kardon. My research is a bit dated, but unless they have made great strides in the last year, that brand is lagging behind in clarity and the bass is not as punchy or tight.

Just my two cents worth.

Edited by elfettucine

Dude... If your budget is $800, go for a Denon, but try to resist the usual suspects like Panasonic or Haman Kardon.

My sincere advice, however, would be o save up for something better. As another member has pointed out $1500 will get you a good Onkyo or Yamaha system which will dump all over the price range you're looking at. The amps usually have more inputs too and are built better. You can even feel the difference.

If you can hold out a bit longer, just save up a bit more or if you buy from a department store, you can pay with 0% installments.

I have had the pleasure of listening to some crazily expensive sond systems belinging to people who have power regulators and use cables that cost over a hundred dollars per meter.

I know I'll never go that crazy, but i also cannot go back to the likes of Shinco or philips. I listen to music on with my Marantz CD player, Rotel amp and B&W speakers. Modest set up, but better than any average hi-fi system.

If you're free go to Adelphi and treat your ears to some reasonable Marantz, Onkyo or Yamaha systems. It will change your mind about sound.

Lastly, try to resist going for the brands like Harman Kardon. My research is a bit dated, but unless they have made great strides in the last year, that brand is lagging behind in clarity and the bass is not as punchy or tight.

Just my two cents worth.

Bro, thumbs up to u!!!

Btw, which B&W speakers are you using? Im using the modest CM series.

Cheers

Just my two cents worth.

ELFE > wow, great advice ... since wife is "sponsoring" the furnishings, hope to get that extra bonus at year end to hv that 1.5k budget for a HTS ... or I must work harder to please her ;p

Noted your comments with great appreciation ! Thx ...