Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aerial77_00

Home Theatre System

Guest Goobii
Hi all ...

Searching for HTS but simply unsure of which brand is reasonable for good movie/gaming experience ... Panasonic / Samsung / Pioneer / ???

Anyone out there has a HTS that comes with rear-channel wireless module OR bought an additional wireless module for the rear speakers ? Any good/bad feedback ? Any recommendations plss ...

Thank you ...

Bro,

I bought mine Philips Home theater: HTS7200/98 @ $699 (havey norman mega sale)

http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/home-the...7200_98/prd/sg/

NEW in the market.

sound v good can create virtual surround sound. yet is much cheaper & got bluray (come with usb port can use external hard-disk & can watch p0rn) next time got money then upgrade to BOSE. After that this philip can put in the room. I only like small and powerfull things.. just like my small and cute chihuahua dog your 3day foster son

compare philip here...

http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/51-home-.../30178/cat/sg/#

;)

Edited by Goobii

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Bro,

NEW in the market.

sound v good can create virtual surround sound. yet is much cheaper & got bluray (come with usb port can use external hard-disk & can watch p0rn) next time got money then upgrade to BOSE. After that this philip can put in the room. I only like small and powerfull things.. just like my small and cute chihuahua dog your 3day foster son

compare philip here...

;)

If you have money to buy BOSE (Buy Other Sound Equipment), you might as well take a look at other brands like B&W, tannoy or Anthony Gallo.

Cheers

Hi, I am using the Logitech Z5500 5.1 speaker system for my sound system, spent about a little less than $600 on it.

I think the sound quality is reasonable for the price. Powerful bass. A number of shops in Sim Lim Square carries this set. You can do a google search on this product and you may be surprised how popular it is used as a HTS.

However, did not use the stock speaker cables. I asked the electrician 'pull' through the walls using higher quality cables instead. This is so next time I upgrade, I no not need to change the cables.

Edited by hawthorne

Bro,

NEW in the market.

compare philip here...

;)

hahaha good to hear from u again ... tink I'll check out Adelphi 1st, if prices are too much for me to handle den I may hv to settle for household brands :( :(

If you have money to buy BOSE (Buy Other Sound Equipment), you might as well take a look at other brands like B&W, tannoy or Anthony Gallo.

Cheers

hahaha ... yah lah, he gt too much $$$, only thing he's shy ...

Bro, thumbs up to u!!!

Btw, which B&W speakers are you using? Im using the modest CM series.

Cheers

Hi vicenzo,

I use B&W D602

They are modest too, but a re good speakers. I do have to say that I wish it had a bit more bass though.

Now I have a tough choice.

Do I leave them in my game room where I will have a "listening corner" or do I use them as rear speakers for my HTS?

decisions, decisions,

hahaha good to hear from u again ... tink I'll check out Adelphi 1st, if prices are too much for me to handle den I may hv to settle for household brands :( :(

Hi again,

Honestly, stay away from Panasonic, Philips etc..... esp Philips ...urgh...

Check today's newspapers. There's a big advert for Denon.

They are offering the AVR2310 for $1599. Already a good deal, but on top of that they are giving a FREE Boston CS2310 speaker system.

I have to say that even I am tempted!

http://www.denonsingapore.com/

Very good review on the Denon AVR2310

http://www.trustedreviews.com/home-cinema/...-AV-Receiver/p1

The speakers have good reviews

http://www.bostonacoustics.com/CS-2310-Cla...ckage-P375.aspx

Edited by elfettucine

Hi vicenzo,

I use B&W D602

They are modest too, but a re good speakers. I do have to say that I wish it had a bit more bass though.

Now I have a tough choice.

Do I leave them in my game room where I will have a "listening corner" or do I use them as rear speakers for my HTS?

decisions, decisions,

Bro

Your 602 is a very impressive speakers!!! More bass? What sub are you using?

Cheers

Bro

Your 602 is a very impressive speakers!!! More bass? What sub are you using?

Cheers

I don't have a sub :(

When I bought my hi-fi, I was very much into "hearing the sound the way the producer intended". I wanted refernce-type speakers that wouldn't discolour the sound too much. Eventually though, I realized that I have to "enjoy" listening to the music .....and that to me means more bass.

Not ah beng-honda-civic-mobile-disco type of bass, but tight, punchy bass you can hear AND feel.

Anyway, my brothers, just to share that I'm a new owner of the Denon AVR 2310 receiver!

The reviews on that bad boy were great, so I went down to audio house with a test DVD and a few CDs.

The amp does movies REALLY well. Music was acceptable, but i suspect it's because the speakers weren't fantastic and the sales guys configured the amp for movies with the rear speakers slightly louder than the front speakers.

I got the free Boston speakers too.

All that for $1399!!!

HAPPY! :D

I'll put the rotel + B&W in my game room for the listening corner. for my "me time" :)

Aerial, I strongly recommend that you pay a visit to KEC at Adelphi and look for Clarence. He can recommend you based on your budget and what's even better, you can try the actual sets (even the slightly more expensive ones). Convince your ears and then decide if you want to save up more before buying.

Dun go Sim Lim unless you have done your homework coz they chop your carrot if you are new to all this.

As other bros had said, B&W is good but some may find it "discolored" and too sharp. Castle sound is more natural but lack punchy bass. It all depends on what you normally listen to. Pop/rock/disco -> B&W, jazz/blues -> Castle. You can also try Wharfedele, which KEC carries but you wont like it once you hear Castle. lol For the record, I am not related to KEC amd also a B&W 603M2 owner. :) Anyway, I just brought my sis there and she bought Denon 1610 and Castle Compact - bang for the buck if you ask me.

Bring a few of you fav CDs and go try out.

Hi,

i just notice the unit that i am buying the owner left 4 of the BOSE jewel cubes hanging from the ceiling. I know that BOSE ani't exactly known for their sound quality but think it wil be a waste if i just throw them.

So was thinking of using 3 of them as front speakers for music only, any recommendation for a receiver cum amps plus a sub to drive these speakers?

Cheers

Hi,

i just notice the unit that i am buying the owner left 4 of the BOSE jewel cubes hanging from the ceiling. I know that BOSE ani't exactly known for their sound quality but think it wil be a waste if i just throw them.

So was thinking of using 3 of them as front speakers for music only, any recommendation for a receiver cum amps plus a sub to drive these speakers?

Cheers

Not sure about Jewel cubes but I do know that BOSE is very proprietary. It has to use back BOSE's amp/receiver to drive the speakers.

In other words, its very hard for BOSE owners to upgrade their sound system. Its either u chuck the whole lot or buy back BOSE.

Cheers

Not sure about Jewel cubes but I do know that BOSE is very proprietary. It has to use back BOSE's amp/receiver to drive the speakers.

In other words, its very hard for BOSE owners to upgrade their sound system. Its either u chuck the whole lot or buy back BOSE.

Cheers

I look at the wires going into the cubes seems to be a normal 2 core wire so i sorta assume i can hook it up to any amps and drive it. Might blow up the cubes but then they are free. :sport-smiley-004:

I look at the wires going into the cubes seems to be a normal 2 core wire so i sorta assume i can hook it up to any amps and drive it. Might blow up the cubes but then they are free. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, can u send me a pic of the Jewel speakers?

A fren of mine is looking for spare & if it's what he's looking for, can make an offer to you.

Help to subsiduze yr new set ya? Thks!

Hi, can u send me a pic of the Jewel speakers?

A fren of mine is looking for spare & if it's what he's looking for, can make an offer to you.

Help to subsiduze yr new set ya? Thks!

Ok lemme try to get a picture for you :D